All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

On 9/21/2016 at 6:48 PM, Sweetheart said:

End of. I'm not speaking about JB any more, I'm moving on and supporting those who want to play for Rangers

What happened to this?

And this?

On 9/21/2016 at 6:16 PM, Sweetheart said:

I'm not speaking about JB any more.

Couldn't stay away I see. That's what I get for liking your post...

If I was Warbs, Barton and Halliday I would be saying we will show all these bastards, If I was  Warbs I would make sure Barton was with a personal trainer everyday so he comes back fitter than ever, we have the mhanky mob in the cup, We have a tremendous record at Hampden over them and the perfect way to ram everything back down every one of their throats.

Joey has encountered for the first time something more hated than him? Rangers Football Club, do not buy into the media shite as you just have to look and the guy done for the sex dolls Ross Brady? A freelance journalist which the sun used in the past, yet the sun released a statement saying they do not employee him?   But have they ever  paid him for the freelance work he did in the past?

Thats how these cunts twist the truth, A freelance journalist has been charged with hanging mock executions of Rangers fans and orange men yet most the media forget to mention he is one of them .

After our poor result today, anyone think that maybe Barton had a point in the training ground bust up ?

Did he see that things could be done better ? The boss always says we have had a good training session but whatever he's training them in doesn't seem to work.

On ‎20‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 9:11 PM, tannerall said:

Looks like your recent actions may have re-kindled the team spirit and pride in the badge you were never close to being a part of. 

Well done Mr Warburton and Andy Halliday too. 

You still believe this shite?  We've now dropped points to Ross County and Aberdeen while Joey's been suspended. 

From his twitter messages Barton seems pleased enough with his book launch and with life in general.   As per the agreement with the Club at the start of his suspension he does not seem to have talked about the 'issue' (as the Club put it).  

His suspension period is running down.  It appears to be a punitive suspension so when it ends that will be the end of the matter and he'll report back for duty unless something else happens which pushes matters down a different path. 

Sure will be interesting to hear what Warburton and Barton will have to say when Barton returns (a week on Monday?).    

Just now, Reformation Bear said:

From his twitter messages Barton seems pleased enough with his book launch and with life in general.   As per the agreement with the Club at the start of his suspension he does not seem to have talked about the 'issue' (as the Club put it).  

His suspension period is running down.  It appears to be a punitive suspension so when it ends that will be the end of the matter and he'll report back for duty unless something else happens which pushes matters down a different path. 

Sure will be interesting to hear what Warburton and Barton will have to say when Barton returns (a week on Monday?).    

He's trained well and is part of the squad probably.

On 25/09/2016 at 3:34 PM, ritchieshearercaldow said:

After our poor result today, anyone think that maybe Barton had a point in the training ground bust up ?

Did he see that things could be done better ? The boss always says we have had a good training session but whatever he's training them in doesn't seem to work.

A blind man could have seen things could have been done better. He just made the mistake of saying it. If he was smart, he should have coerced McKay into saying it, because he is clearly suffering of the MW hymn book.

Even if he did have a point. One of our biggest problems in recent years is the Club being unable to keep its business private.  Too many leaks etc. Joey feels the need to be in the public eye and constantly talk about whatever comes to his mind on social media. He needs to learn to keep his head down and act like  professional. 

I've noticed that the talk about him has died down a bit. I wonder if he's noticed that and I wonder if it bothers him. Our focus is on the Club,  he's not the big story. Hopefully he's learned his lesson and realises he's not infallible and that he can be forgotten about just as easily as he can post a rant on twitter. Someone wants to tell him he could be remembered forever as a Legend if he played his cards right but no one is going to remember twitter posts.

On ‎20‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 1:49 AM, gogzy said:

Honestly sick of the baggage this cunt brings with him.  He should have said sorry, shut the fuck up, and treid to show people here why he is so highly thought of as a player down there.

If he can't do that, then just fuck off and let the team get on with it.

The club aren't blameless in this either.  They must've known the circus that would've be created when Barton was asked to stay away from the training ground.  In fact, Barton said he new staying away would attract the wrong type of media attention and felt it was a mistake.  This whole situation is an embarrassment for the player, manager, and club.  It's been poorly handled.  

On ‎28‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 2:01 PM, Willis said:

Even if he did have a point. One of our biggest problems in recent years is the Club being unable to keep its business private.  Too many leaks etc. Joey feels the need to be in the public eye and constantly talk about whatever comes to his mind on social media. He needs to learn to keep his head down and act like  professional. 

I've noticed that the talk about him has died down a bit. I wonder if he's noticed that and I wonder if it bothers him. Our focus is on the Club,  he's not the big story. Hopefully he's learned his lesson and realises he's not infallible and that he can be forgotten about just as easily as he can post a rant on twitter. Someone wants to tell him he could be remembered forever as a Legend if he played his cards right but no one is going to remember twitter posts.

Joey has always been like this.  We knew what we were getting when he signed him.  If you want to blame someone blame the manager that brought him to Rangers.  It seems to me like Warburton can't handle Joey and this one has bit him on the arse.  

7 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Joey has always been like this.  We knew what we were getting when he signed him.  If you want to blame someone blame the manage that brought him to Rangers.  It seems to me like Warburton can't handle Joey and this one has bit him on the arse.  

Barton came up here thinking he was gong to piss it, Ali Crawford gave him a midfield lesson in the first game v Hamilton and his performances have been 5/10 at best since and was owned by Brown v the tims, that is not what we thought we were getting.

17 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Joey has always been like this.  We knew what we were getting when he signed him.  If you want to blame someone blame the manage that brought him to Rangers.  It seems to me like Warburton can't handle Joey and this one has bit him on the arse.  

Neil McCann said as much. Hopefully lessons have been learned.

Neil McCann has criticised Joey Barton's comments about Scottish football - but insists Rangers boss Mark Warburton has failed to manage the player properly.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12691/10592974/mark-warburton-should-embrace-joey-barton-at-rangers-says-neil-mccann

16 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Barton came up here thinking he was gong to piss it, Ali Crawford gave him a midfield lesson in the first game v Hamilton and his performances have been 5/10 at best since and was owned by Brown v the tims, that is not what we thought we were getting.

Almost none of the Rangers players are performing to acceptable levels.  You think all these players have forgotten how to play football over the summer?  There's something wrong at Rangers but it's not Joey Barton.

41 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Joey has always been like this.  We knew what we were getting when he signed him.  If you want to blame someone blame the manager that brought him to Rangers.  It seems to me like Warburton can't handle Joey and this one has bit him on the arse.  

I'm one of MWs biggest critics but I heard he didn't even want Barton

15 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Neil McCann said as much. Hopefully lessons have been learned.

Neil McCann has criticised Joey Barton's comments about Scottish football - but insists Rangers boss Mark Warburton has failed to manage the player properly.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12691/10592974/mark-warburton-should-embrace-joey-barton-at-rangers-says-neil-mccann

Joey has over 3m followers on twitter, he's writing a book, he's a pundit, he loves the attention.  He's not doing anything he hasn't done prior to signing with Rangers.  It seems unfair to sign Joey Barton and then criticise him for behaving like Joey Barton.  He's always been a big personality and it was Warburton who made the decision to sign him. 

With hindsight Warburton should not have touched Barton with a bargepole, but hindsight is a wonderful thing, after he signed but before he played alarm bells were ringing for me when he was giving it the billy bigbollocks tweets etc, fair enough if you can back it up but fuck me what a disappointment of a signing ( btw I was delighted when he signed as I bought into all the hype, then I seen him play and thought , oh dear this guy aint going to cut it)

Then he threw his toys out the pram blaming everyone else, no thanks Joey your not the man for our club.

6 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

The best thing to happen for everyone, is that Joey comes back, apologises and works his arse off. Barton is too good a footballer to allow this to happen, and God knows MW really needs some sort of positive out of this whole carry on.

He should have been working his arse off during the summer getting fit (which he never) if he does come back its only a matter of time before the whole scenario is repeated, we should cut our losses and get rid imo.