Andy Halliday in tunnel last night

wezgers

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Was gutted last night when he couldn't play, guy next to me said 2/3 weeks, but I've also heard he should be ok for Sunday. 

I really wanted to see him play last night; he doesn't only have pace, he has that ability to create with the ball. He will be become a very big player for us. When I saw the interview with the manager I got the impression it was precautionary. Hope it's not two weeks, it would be very good if he could get a run of games, I think we have still to see the best of him which we will do if he plays more.

2 hours ago, wezgers said:

Have seen several mentions of AH shouting encouragement to the rest of the team when they were in the tunnel before they came out last night. Lots have said great to said its great to see such passion. I wholeheartedly agree, I think he could be a great shout for a future captain. Has anyone got any clips "youtube" etc, of it. I didn't get to watch last night as I was working.

He doesn't need to be the captain but he should be shouting at players in EVERY game.  We have one club captain, on the field we should have a number of leaders.

17 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

I really hope so. Part of what I'm saying is a bit of frustration because I feel like we paid so much money based on his goal record in League 1 which I personally see as a bit of a nothing league. We have some talent on the wings and enough competition to keep them on their toes so I'm sure we will find outs soon enough. Would you play him against Aberdeen? And if so who would you play alongside? Genuinely don't see how we can drop MOH, Waghorn or Mckay for that game..

I'd play Garner solely through the middle with MOH and Forrester on the wings. 

Probably harsh on Waghorn but I feel everytime we talk about him it's he could have scored more. He seems to take too many chances to score one goal. 

Garner had one chance at Parkhead and took it. They all count and like I said he's not going to come out the penalty box. 

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I'm starting to think Halliday should continue to be our captain. Doubt it will happen though because Wallace has been so loyal to the club.

I think Wallace is a good captain and a great ambassador for the club I just wish he would be a bit more vocal on the park and show a bit more leadership and tell his teammates what to do and what's expected. He just seems to be very quiet.

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

I'd play Garner solely through the middle with MOH and Forrester on the wings. 

Probably harsh on Waghorn but I feel everytime we talk about him it's he could have scored more. He seems to take too many chances to score one goal. 

Garner had one chance at Parkhead and took it. They all count and like I said he's not going to come out the penalty box. 

Wow. I just find it unbelievable you would drop our top scorer from last season and this season... he has twice as many goals as anyone last season. And to drop him for Garner who could easily just be frozen out the game just astounds me. Is my memory too filled with rage from the old firm game or was the ball going in the net whether Garner touched it or not? I'm surprised about Forrester too.. his best work for us as been in that number 10 hole I think... 

1 minute ago, RDB14 said:

Wow. I just find it unbelievable you would drop our top scorer from last season and this season... he has twice as many goals as anyone last season. And to drop him for Garner who could easily just be frozen out the game just astounds me. Is my memory too filled with rage from the old firm game or was the ball going in the net whether Garner touched it or not? I'm surprised about Forrester too.. his best work for us as been in that number 10 hole I think... 

Thought Forrester faded when he went into the middle of the park last night.

I don't have anything against Waghorn but IMO like the cellic game we will have little chances and I think Garner is the player who can take the one chance, when Waghorn probably needs 3. 

4 hours ago, simplythebest said:

And rightly so, clubs never change captain mid season unless there's been some sort of serious incident, it's not a thing to just be passed around 

Perhaps when a captain isn't exactly being a captain then things need changed just ask big  Butcher if that can happen or not.

1 minute ago, sammy cox said:

Perhaps when a captain isn't exactly being a captain then things need changed just ask big  Butcher if that can happen or not.

If Wallace was on form then the questions about his captaincy would be nowhere to be seen 

Like I said you don't change captain during the season and give it to someone's who's more flavour of the month, you assess these things in the summer and clearly Warburton was happy for Wallace to remain in place

1 minute ago, simplythebest said:

If Wallace was on form then the questions about his captaincy would be nowhere to be seen 

Like I said you don't change captain during the season and give it to someone's who's more flavour of the month, you assess these things in the summer and clearly Warburton was happy for Wallace to remain in place

But as you say "If "Wallace was on form which I think most would agree he isn't then like Mr Souness the manager has to have a serious think about what's best for the club.He has been pretty poor so far this season and his display against the scum was far from acceptable for a Rangers captain.I'm not saying that any individual should be given the captaincy other than Wallace and perhaps that's a problem that we don't have any stand out who should take over, a problem Mr Souness for sure didn't have.

3 hours ago, Neil1418 said:

I think Wallace is a good captain and a great ambassador for the club I just wish he would be a bit more vocal on the park and show a bit more leadership and tell his teammates what to do and what's expected. He just seems to be very quiet.

Very difficult for someone to be a vocal leader when it's just not in their character. You're either that type or you're not, in my opinion. 

13 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

I'm still not sure about Halliday in the deep role he was playing in last night. In the second half he had a slight slip that had it happened against a better side could have cost us a goal. Overall he played well though.

Yes, he had a scary few minutes, but recovered well & his goal set the tone for the rest of the game.

Maybe a we'd sign of a change in fortunes, in that it didn't cost us a goal, for a change!

9 hours ago, simplythebest said:

I think if he is on form he still aint a leader. Good player but could do with someone a bit more aggresive to bark orders at the players

15 hours ago, wezgers said:

Have seen several mentions of AH shouting encouragement to the rest of the team when they were in the tunnel before they came out last night. Lots have said great to said its great to see such passion. I wholeheartedly agree, I think he could be a great shout for a future captain. Has anyone got any clips "youtube" etc, of it. I didn't get to watch last night as I was working.

He does this standing in the tunnel most games to b fair, always hear a C'MON RANGERS from him in the tunnel