Police Scotland confirm received report into historic child abuse within football

Smile

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

I could easily be wrong here mate but I thought when they mentioned an upcoming law change by the Scottish Government it was in regard to reducing the legal costs for potential victims to go after justice and ultimately compensation as even Patrick McGuire from Thompson solicitors said this would be a game changer, Apologies if I picked it up wrong.

No that is what I thought as well and then my wife said she had seen something about the SG also going to cap the compensation as well. It was only when MM posted about it I assumed what she had read was true.

I think we need @mitre_mouldmaster to come back on and let us know what he has heard. :thumbup: 

Well done to Alex Thompson for giving the victims/survivors a voice.

I hope this now leads to the inquiry the Gray family and others have been campaigning for.  Hopefully more victims/survivors have the courage to step forward.  

After watching that maybe more will now sign the petition for an inquiry.

https://www.change.org/p/british-goverment-petition-to-get-celtics-cover-up-investigated-bb3f86f7-1cad-4db7-89fa-8396a3bad6e0

25 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Ah!!!!!

Apologies lads.

I heard scottish government and my mind went into thinking they must be doing something to help the fuckers!

Glad you have come back on because my wife thought she had seen what you said as well, so hopefully on this occasion it is not right. :thumbup:

3 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Well done to Alex Thompson for giving the victims/survivors a voice.

I hope this now leads to the inquiry the Gray family and others have been campaigning for.  Hopefully more victims/survivors have the courage to step forward.  

After watching that maybe more will now sign the petition for an inquiry.

https://www.change.org/p/british-goverment-petition-to-get-celtics-cover-up-investigated-bb3f86f7-1cad-4db7-89fa-8396a3bad6e0

Just signed mate 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The SFA actually altered their rules to remove the part that could sanction the tarriers on this, theres nothing now that can be done in terms of removing titles etc

That should be getting looked into as well. Why would they do that...

As if we didn't know.

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The SFA actually altered their rules to remove the part that could sanction the tarriers on this, theres nothing now that can be done in terms of removing titles etc

They are a disgrace and done while Liewell had other tarriers to get it through. 

7 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I'm not even surprised tbh. They have made sure sporting sanctions can't be used. 

However if they get found liable for millions. It will surley do major damage thier brand you would think. 

Just now, BlueKnight87 said:

I'm not even surprised tbh. They have made sure sporting sanctions can't be used. 

However if they get found liable for millions. It will surley do major damage thier brand you would think. 

Millions, needs to be over 50 or its buttons to them, they'll have the money and brand will mean fuck all nowadays

9 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Millions, needs to be over 50 or its buttons to them, they'll have the money and brand will mean fuck all nowadays

Compensation for the victims and acknowledgments after years of denial. 

In the end it's about the victims getting some justice. 

5 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Compensation for the victims and acknowledgments after years of denial. 

In the end it's about the victims getting some justice. 

Agreed. but there also needs to be an inquiry as this is what the victims/survivors have been campaigning for.

35 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The timing of that rule change and also the SNPs stance on historical child abuse cases at the time are very interesting indeed.

25 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

They couldn't scare up 50 million quid in one dunt without making a load of cuts and selling a load of assets.

There's no fucken CL money kitty sitting about. Read the accounts. They make it and then they spend it. Profits are not in the tens of millions mate.

celtic have played a blinder on this imo.

They have turned the whole focus of the debate onto the “separate entity “ question, thereby diverting attention away from the links to Bennell, the US trip, Burns’ endorsement for Cairney and the many other, far more pointed questions they should be answering.

It is misdirection on an epic scale and everyone (including Thomson and McGuire) has foolishly got bogged down in debating/proving/arguing a point which is moot anyway - the connection between CFC and CBC is incontrovertible. But while people squabble over that, the other questions remain unasked.

Archived