Captain Hilts

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Number5 said:

Let's just never talk about this clown again. Was the biggest move of his life. Lucky to even wear the top and grace the Ibrox turf.

Hopefully in old age I'll forget he ever played 90mins for us.

This.

What an opportunity to finish his professional career with professional dignity and maybe a few medals.  And perhaps he could have scaled a few heights in our revival, become one of our favourites.

But from day one was playing the big man and tweeting rubbish all round the place. We should maybe have seen the light when he backed off Broonie, then congratulated him with a smile later

So we probably lost a decent footballer, but he won't be missed as a person, his heart was never with us.

29 minutes ago, Number5 said:

Let's just never talk about this clown again. Was the biggest move of his life. Lucky to even wear the top and grace the Ibrox turf.

I may find it harder mate . The humping we took off the beggars . I will always think of him ,few others  and find him culpable for this

45 minutes ago, BF2 said:

I'm still a bit gutted that things went tits up as I think he could've been great for us. But he evidently didn't have the balls to play for us.

Much the same as yersel here mate.

I was done with him after he said he wouldn't have joined in hindsight, though..

4 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Much the same as yersel here mate.

I was done with him after he said he wouldn't have joined in hindsight, though..

Think he was possibly misquoted with that. He seems to say the opposite in this interview.

33 minutes ago, bordersbear said:

Asked to create things and he couldn't. Just a second rate plastic hard man who creates controversy to maintain his profile on Facebook etc. Talks the talk but can't walk the walk. Good fucking riddance.

He played 5 league games if that for us. Look at the way Clint Hill was written off by every single person and the way he performs now.

It didn't seem to work out. But to have a go when not one person on here knows what actually happened is unnecessary.

And since being here and leaving Barton has only had positive things to say about the club.

1 hour ago, JCDBigBear said:

It wasn't a signing I'd have made but if it had worked out fine but it didn't and we move on.  As long as he doesn't bad mouth  Rangers I have no problem.

I heard quite a bit of it when it was broadcast & he came across very complimentary about the club & sounded as if he really regretted things not working out.

Didn't hear it all & there were odd references to 'how much he could say' down certain lines, but Mark Chapman was relatively gentle in his line of questioning & I didn't get any sense that Barton was straining at the leash to get tore in to anybody.

But as someone said above, he could talk for England...

48 minutes ago, BF2 said:

Think he was possibly misquoted with that. He seems to say the opposite in this interview.

I think he may have been doing a bit of backtracking there, but I also took it that he wouldn't do anything different.

(I'm pretty sure I heard the original on Talksport where he said he wouldn't have come....)

It's a good interview by Barton and he makes a lot of sense when he talks.  I'm still gutted he only got those 5 games with us while unfit and never had a proper chance to prove himself.  He could've been a great player in this league but now we'll never know.  I hope the reasons for him being forced out will come to light in the fullness of time. 

6 hours ago, Number5 said:

I've already forgotten about whoever it is you're posting about. Still wake up during the night, screaming, sweating, and in tears, at Black, Sandazza, etc etc. We've come a long way, and hopefully my nightmares will turn into dreams..