garner

Basrah Bear

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He didnt have his greatest game. He is good in the air and gets plenty of knock ons. I dont think he suits our system but then i dont think any of our strikers do.

Ā 

Why does Miller never get slagged off like this though? HisĀ first touch is embarrassing for a professional footballer and he spends too much time fannying about in midfield than taking up space and stretching the defence upfront.

6 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

He didnt have his greatest game. He is good in the air and gets plenty of knock ons. I dont think he suits our system but then i dont think any of our strikers do.

Ā 

Why does Miller never get slagged off like this though? HisĀ first touch is embarrassing for a professional footballer and he spends too much time fannying about in midfield than taking up space and stretching the defence upfront.

Miller scored more in 1 hour in 2000 for our club than garner has in 4 months....compare

26 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

He's far from shite. You're just an ignorant bastard that can't see what he brings to the team cause you think if MW plays him as a striker he should be scoring 6 goals a game. It's funny that no-one mentions his hold up play which is fantastic. Saturday against ICT we were under the cosh in the last few minutes they kept putting the ball in our box and now one time it got cleared up the pitch, Garner was like a lion getting to it and he was absolutely dead on his feet but he won it, protected the ball and earned us a free kick which saw out the rest of the game

The sooner the ignorance stops the better to be honest, he played a few cracking passes tonight that no-one is bringing him, especially one out to Tav, he had a good shot which lead to McKay's goal.Ā 

Aw but he's no scoring 6 a game he's shite never Rangers class. Yer arse, who else we gonna sign that'll come rattle all the goals in you's ignorant cunts so badly craveĀ 

Bullshit.

Get your head from the clouds. His hold up play/link up play is average. Fucking shite loads of strikers plying their trade all over England and Scotland have his abilities in terms of hold up play.

It's not his fault that he's ourĀ big money buy...but he's shite. Every time he gets a chance ( probably one a game as he's too busy running his cunt off chasing down CMs 40yrds from goal) he makes a mess of it.

I get what he brings, endeavour. His tempo is contagious, at times. But he's a very very poor CF in my eyes.

Don't accept him just because your desperate for him too succeed because he works hard and his tune is catchy. I live near Preston and have mates who support the teams he's been at, Carlisle, Forest and PNE and I've heard enough and seen enough to know he's fucking 100million miles awayĀ from being good enough.

Ignorant bastard.

Ā 

21 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

Ā 

Too much sense.

21 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

Ā 

I wonder what system garner would suit though. I just don't see a player their. I agree re Miller. Ā Unfortunately he is our top scorer this season. Seriously.Ā 

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

I wonder what system garner would suit though. I just don't see a player their. I agree re Miller. Ā Unfortunately he is our top scorer this season. Seriously.Ā 

I'd be revolutionary. I'd say to wingers and full backs to get down the line and cross the ball in. I'd say to Garner to stay up front in the middle. Play Waggy with him.

I'd tell Miller to go and sit in the stands.

Crazy thoughts, I know.

I hate to say it but Garner would have suited McCoists style of play. Long ball with 2 up top, just look at our first game in division 3:

FrankScornfulAnchovy.gif

The knock on and Mckay running beyond the striker at pace to get the goal.

We either need 2 up top with Garner or we need midfielders making runs like the one above. I don't think we will get either.

I don't care which system Warburton chooses to play, Garner is shite, he is not in any way, shape or form a striker.

There were a number of passes from McKay, Tavernier, Holt and Windass that went straight across the six yard line and where was Garner, nowhere and don't give me this shite that he was coming back from defensive duties, he is supposed to be a striker and he should be up there just looking for that type of ball. The one shot he had shanked off of his leg and went at right angles to the left ten yards from goal.

2 minutes ago, bluenose48 said:

I don't care which system Warburton chooses to play, Garner is shite, he is not in any way, shape or form a striker.

There were a number of passes from McKay, Tavernier, Holt and Windass that went straight across the six yard line and where was Garner, nowhere and don't give me this shite that he was coming back from defensive duties, he is supposed to be a striker and he should be up there just looking for that type of ball. The one shot he had shanked off of his leg and went at right angles to the left ten yards from goal.

Strikers don't just score from the 6 yard box. You think he has been getting the service needed to score? When does this midfield ever play an incisive pass through the middle for a striker like Garner to run on to? This midfield is not able to overturn games when they are going against us; they have no presence; absolutely no creativity; and no leadership. The defence is under pressure because of the midfield; they Hamilton goal was entirely the midfield's doing. Kranjcar was a huge loss, as has been Rossiter; but we need players of that calibre coming in next month.

2 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

He's far from shite. You're just an ignorant bastard that can't see what he brings to the team cause you think if MW plays him as a striker he should be scoring 6 goals a game. It's funny that no-one mentions his hold up play which is fantastic. Saturday against ICT we were under the cosh in the last few minutes they kept putting the ball in our box and now one time it got cleared up the pitch, Garner was like a lion getting to it and he was absolutely dead on his feet but he won it, protected the ball and earned us a free kick which saw out the rest of the game

The sooner the ignorance stops the better to be honest, he played a few cracking passes tonight that no-one is bringing him, especially one out to Tav, he had a good shot which lead to McKay's goal.Ā 

Aw but he's no scoring 6 a game he's shite never Rangers class. Yer arse, who else we gonna sign that'll come rattle all the goals in you's ignorant cunts so badly craveĀ 

When we're averaging 1.35 goals a game & it's 9 games since the CF scored, he's always going to cop the flak for it.

Way of the world.

His hold up play, generally, is NOT good (missed Saturday, it may have been then).

Tonight -Ā Couple of balls went across 4 yards out that guys like McCoist & Boyd would have put away in their sleep (neither of them were good 'footballers' imo but both knew where the goal was).

One header (his strength) in the 6 yard box - tame as fuck.

One rebound, should've been a tap in, turned into a poor cross.

Bit of an assist with his shot the goalie couldn't handle, but we got lucky with Shaughnessy's ineptitude as much as anything.

Doesn't need to be scoring 6 a game, but doing a couple of things right a game would probably suffice.

Ā 

3 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Strikers don't just score from the 6 yard box. You think he has been getting the service needed to score? When does this midfield ever play an incisive pass through the middle for a striker like Garner to run on to? This midfield is not able to overturn games when they are going against us; they have no presence; absolutely no creativity; and no leadership. The defence is under pressure because of the midfield; they Hamilton goal was entirely the midfield's doing. Kranjcar was a huge loss, as has been Rossiter; but we need players of that calibre coming in next month.

I know goals are not just scored in the six yard box, but I expect a 1.8m striker to be in that box looking to get the little nicks and touches that good strikers do.

I completely agree about our midfield, no strength or creativity, even today with the starting lineup of four across the middle did nothing to help. Kranjcar I think is our biggest lossĀ this year.

Hopefully we may get a good attacking mid and a striker in January.

12 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I do think we got plenty of good balls in the box tonight and he was nowhere to be seen. His headed effort and then his shot later from close range were pretty terrible attempts as well.Ā 

37 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

I hate to say it but Garner would have suited McCoists style of play. Long ball with 2 up top, just look at our first game in division 3:

FrankScornfulAnchovy.gif

The knock on and Mckay running beyond the striker at pace to get the goal.

We either need 2 up top with Garner or we need midfielders making runs like the one above. I don't think we will get either.

That's division 3 football. It's really not a system I think we should be adopting, and if that's what we have to do to accommodate garner, I would rather he was dropped.

Just now, cushynumber said:

I do think we got plenty of good balls in the box tonight and he was nowhere to be seen. His headed effort and then his shot later from close range were pretty terrible attempts as well.Ā 

I'll concede that, particularly in the first half, but overall he could do with better. We still have a tendency to take too many touches around the box, or to cut out wide when we could be coming through with an earlier ball. Tavernier illustrated that; there was an opportunity that he had for an earlier ball to break into the box and he ran to the by line and totally isolated himself and lost the chance. We should be looking to be much more incisive with our passes than this desire to play football around the box as much as we do.

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

That's an interesting point mate. I've never seen much in him so it must be my willing him to succeed that makes me think he'd come good with two up front because he's not a poacher either. He'd more likely fire by the post most of the time if he's not square on from no more than 10 yards out. A strange player this lad. Hope he makes a cunt of me right enough.

After tonight's performance and taking the time to reflect on the journey home, it's glaringly obvious that we needed a player/centre-forward that is willing to burst his arse to get into the opposition goalmouth. A poacher, an Ally, somebody who can anticipate where and when the ball is likely to appear in front of goal. How many balls went across the six yard line tonight? Sadly, having watched him closelyĀ tonight, Garner ain't it. He'll put in a shift, yes, but to what end. He doesn't create or assist with goals for others, he doesn't score himself, so what is he bringing to the team? We need more than just someone to noise up the opposition. An instinctive centre-forward would've been on the end of some of those crosses tonight IMO, or at least would have been trying to get there, not hovering at the edge of the box. He just doesn't tick enough of the boxes for what we need in a striker at the moment, great for effort but not product.

Hope he proves me wrong on Saturday though and justifies MW's stubborn perseverance.