*****The Official St Johnstone v Rangers Match Thread*****

KeyserSoze

5 minutes ago, Amac9 said:

Tavernier is honking. Hardly beat a man or put in a decent cross all night. 

Kiernan all round is just hopeless and should be nowhere near the side.

Our midfield is so poor. All three show some nice neat touches but provide nothing going forward or defensively. Holt looks busy and is a tidy wee player but when does he ever play someone in or create anything meaningful. The same goes for Windass who blows out his arse after 60 minutes. Andy Halliday is just an imposter. What does he offer apart from being one of us and kissing the badge? Not good enough.

Once again Garner shows what a waste of money he is. Nearly 2 million for someone who  never even looks like scoring.

McKay played well but at times he needs help. Maybe try him more centrally where he can create more.

Nobody could disagree with anythg here.

22 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I could actually cry the state we're in and there's no real glimmer of light, only a prolonged period of sadness and despair. I wonder if that prick DK will make an appearance on the 31st 

I think he has a duty to be there supporting the team on the 31st.   Short of ill health or other event patently beyond his control I don't think there can be any reasonable excuse for him not being at the game.   Then comes the interesting bit - and its all down to the result and how the team plays (in that order).  From there - and with not only the remainder of this season in mind but with a firm eye to next season - he needs to decide if what we are seeing is anywhere near good enough from the manager and the squad.   And take action accordingly.

A thing King should be considering is whether King is able to take Rangers much further forward.  On the basis of what we've seen so far I increasingly think King was only able to bring some sort of immediate short term financial stability......but has no strong credible plan to close the financial gap or to propel Rangers back to being a far more credible contender.     

21 minutes ago, ready1873 said:

What the fuck is Warburton watching? We can all see this short ball play from the keeper isnt working. Teams know it and they'll pressure us, that's how we lost the goal tonight. Yet its evident the team has been ordered to persist. His naivety and ignorance is costing us.

We were good for the first 20 minutes when we were playing quick football, totally minging the rest.

Something has to change.

The England under 21 job might just be the saving grace here, if they really do want him.

Win against the filth and it's a nice way for him to say goodbye, beating a side with far superior resources than our own. Lose and he can shrug his shoulders and say he's done all he can with the resources he's been given and he wasn't going to be backed in January. Our board can then pocket the 500 grand or so compensation and bring in an out of work manager like Gary Rowett or Nigel Pearson with the promise of investment in the summer if they secure European football.

22 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

I have never saw so many professional footballers who cannot shoot on target, fuckin embarrassing, Windass, Miller, Tav, all had shots and ballooned them miles over the bar, our 1.8 million striker is a workhorse but never a striker, we are fuckin clueless in front of goal, and as for Mr Rangers ( Halliday) done absolutely fuck all, doesn't contribute anything of note, pass marks for tonight for me were McKay ,Fotheringham, Hill, Wilson . Hodson did little wrong when he came on.

Windass's shooting is atrocious. He'd be lucky to make the grade at Motherwell over the long-term considering he's an attacking midfielder. Warburton has signed too many projects. It will be his undoing because he could have got better with the cash provided. 

19 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

I think he has a duty to be there supporting the team on the 31st.   Short of ill health or other event patently beyond his control I don't think there can be any reasonable excuse for him not being at the game.   Then comes the interesting bit - and its all down to the result and how the team plays (in that order).  From there - and with not only the remainder of this season in mind but with a firm eye to next season - he needs to decide if what we are seeing is anywhere near good enough from the manager and the squad.   And take action accordingly.

A thing King should be considering is whether King is able to take Rangers much further forward.  On the basis of what we've seen so far I increasingly think King was only able to bring some sort of immediate short term financial stability......but has no strong credible plan to close the financial gap or to propel Rangers back to being a far more credible contender.     

Hogmanay here watching us or SA with his children's inheritance ?

I'd really like to know why 1, Waghorn has been regaining his form and is on the bench, and 2, where is Dodoo, after scoring two good goals in one match, and a dubious off-side in the next match, he has been benched and tonight he wasn't even in the squad; was Dodoo injured? How is a striker meant to find his consistency and form with such irregular game time?

22 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

I think he said at the AGM that he hardly sees any of our games so he probably does not even know the result. 

He needs to step up and get us some better players but I have no confidence that he will. 

18 minutes ago, the brown brogue said:

The England under 21 job might just be the saving grace here, if they really do want him.

Win against the filth and it's a nice way for him to say goodbye, beating a side with far superior resources than our own. Lose and he can shrug his shoulders and say he's done all he can with the resources he's been given and he wasn't going to be backed in January. Our board can then pocket the 500 grand or so compensation and bring in an out of work manager like Gary Rowett or Nigel Pearson with the promise of investment in the summer if they secure European football.

Win Against the scum ? 

I fear it may be one of the blackest days in my Rangers supporting history

6 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I'd really like to know why 1, Waghorn has been regaining his form and is on the bench, and 2, where is Dodoo, after scoring two good goals in one match, and a dubious off-side in the next match, he has been benched and tonight he wasn't even in the squad; was Dodoo injured? How is a striker meant to find his consistency and form with such irregular game time?

Yep mate .Totally sums MW up 

Baffling Manager I desperately want out of my club 

13 hours ago, Ivybank said:

Vital we get a win tonight, but with our terrible away displays and warburtons record away from home against top 6 teams I'm not confident at all,and I'm in row A behind the goal so I'll see fk all of the game☹️

Yep called it right,warburton still can't beat a top 6 team away from home ,you never get the team selection right

do you? Leaving out waghorn after he's scored the last 2 games, playing that complete donkey garner, playing

dodoo upfront on his own against hearts! Wtf was that about? Hibs twice,Falkirk twice,the scum.the sheep.,hearts., beaten every time, and no doubt another hammering on Saturday. Joke of a manager,the sooner he's gone the better

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

Yep mate .Totally sums MW up 

Baffling Manager I desperately want out of my club 

I've supported Warburton, and defended him, but those two decisions alone are baffling. I see a player in Dodoo; both the goals against Partick Thistle illustrated a degree of skill that we can't just dismiss. Waghorn has been very good in the past few matches, and even against Inverness was our best performer. 

We can blame the players and manager until the cows come home, but the reality is, until DCK makes changes as in the purse strings, or we change him, we remain second rate, second in in the league at best, second fiddle to the scum, getting nowhere  in Europe and I mean not even getting past the qualifiers.

I am astounded by the easy ride he gets. Looks like we drink plenty coffee but never smell it.

Can anyone tell me how we can realistically overtake the scum and prevent their 10IAR with this board remaining in power and not  prividing adequate funding, or is it just no longer a realistic prospect?. I'm all ears, but ffs, please don't tell me the MW youth project will save us.

We didn't just stop playing well after they scored, we stopped playing that well after we scored. St Johnstone had a few chances immediately after our goal, and when they scored we had the ball close to their 18 yard box but McKay and Windass tracked back till eventually the ball was being played twice back to Foderingham. Totally avoidable.

FAO the Halliday bashers...

Let's say for talking sake, in two year time we start playing McKay as the CDM. How do you think he'd fare? Andy, by trade, is a left winger. He's been told to play CDM by a manager who gambled on a known arsehole in Barton to fill in that position to let AH play further forward.

The guy bleeds blue, just like you and I. Give him a break ffs.

5 hours ago, Mr Soprano said:

FAO the Halliday bashers...

Let's say for talking sake, in two year time we start playing McKay as the CDM. How do you think he'd fare? Andy, by trade, is a left winger. He's been told to play CDM by a manager who gambled on a known arsehole in Barton to fill in that position to let AH play further forward.

The guy bleeds blue, just like you and I. Give him a break ffs.

Hallidays quoted himself hes now more comfortable in CDM than anywhere else. Im not a Halliday fan to be honest. Dont get me wrong hes ok, but if hes in a decent Rangers team he'd play 10 games a season, most of them from the bench.

Windass, on a few occasions, had the possibility of being more direct and incisive with the ball, and either went sideways or back with the ball; he even passed the ball back, with one man to beat, when he was in the box- he passed the ball back to Miller who was outside the box. People say that Garner would do better in a different system, and they may be right, but he does not get enough first ball passes into the box, and, yes, the same happened last night as well-Windass had the chance to deliver the ball early into the box when he was in line with the 18 yard box, but he chose to play it to the man outside the box again. We are not direct or incisive enough, and last night we did not play the great football people suggest before we lost the goal; we were as indirect at times as always, with a few fleeting moments, through McKay and Miller mainly, where we were more direct.