Jon Toral Signs Until End of Season.

I think this needs to be made permanent ASAP. 

He is a huge step up in class from Halliday, Holt and Windass. 

This is the type of player we should be signing on a permanent basis. If Rossiter finally gets fit our midfield 3 would be upgraded 10 fold if we got another AM in. 

I hate the fact he could come up here, score a hat trick against the tarriers and not be ours come May. I understand why MW uses it (because he's been given fuck all) but it is short sighted from the board who seem determined to try and win this league having £2.5million in over a year. 

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

people are wildly missing the point about this loan deal, its not really the player thats the issue (although the fact he doesnt have a permanent first team slot at a club is a debate for another post) its the fact its a short term fix

its not like when we signed steven davis on loan, we were fighting on all fronts, already had a midfield full of international players that were arguably the best in the scottish game, so the davis deal was a case of "come and see if you can fit in son"

our squad right here right now needs massive quality added to its pool, and it needs to be permanent, this guy could come in and become our best midfielder, dominating games up here, and due to that there are teams with a greater financial clout that can say "here son, come sign for us in the championship, your one step away from the EPL or a move home if you romp it down here, oh and we'll give you double what rangers are offering"

hell he could play well first 3 games and someone else ties him up on a pre contract agreement before we even get near him

on the point about his abilities, people raving about his time at birmingham, brentford etc miss one glaring point, he's not at either club anymore, if he was that good for them and in the final year of his deal then one of them could easily have offered arsenal a few hundred grand and likely got him if arsenal are allowing his contract to run down, and if arsenal do indeed plan on extending his deal there's not a chance we'll be able to afford him whatsoever

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-city-should-compete-rangers-12404024.amp?client=ms-android-orange-gb

He was players player and supporters player of the year at Birmingham. The bizarre change in manager may be a factor. Birmingham fans would, in general, welcome him back.

Arsenal may have given him assurances about his future before he went on loan to Granada, situations change.

I'd also like to think that he would see the attraction of Rangers and European football.

1 hour ago, Skyson1872 said:

This is another thing that is pissing me off, "Aw he played for Brentford so he must be coming to us" See out our whole fucking squad, there are only three players that have played with Warburton before. THREE.

Still a high proportion of one team when there's hundreds of teams we should be scouting that's before mentioning the players we get linked with with a next Gen, Brentford or Watford link 

6 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-city-should-compete-rangers-12404024.amp?client=ms-android-orange-gb

He was players player and supporters player of the year at Birmingham. The bizarre change in manager may be a factor. Birmingham fans would, in general, welcome him back.

Arsenal may have given him assurances about his future before he went on loan to Granada, situations change.

I'd also like to think that he would see the attraction of Rangers and European football.

europa league qualifiers in the arse end of some pot hole ridden ex soviet state isnt exactly as attractive as playing one tier below the most exposed league in the world

35 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

bit harsh to say you wouldnt give him more money, he's barely had a penny to make a dent in the tarriers dominance, we'll still have some dodgy results before the end of the season but i feel that 2nd place is an almost guarantee given how shite we have been yet still sit up this end of the table

we have absolutely no idea just how good warburton will be with big money to spend, he has a good idea about football and how it should be played, for all we know, much better players will do this even better than we have seen from our band of misfits

Great point.

2 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

To those who say Warburton cant be trusted with money...

Andre Gray bought for £527k -  sold for £10,5m

Moses Odubajo bought for £1m - sold for £4.5m

James Tarkowski bought for development fee - sold for £3.4m

Scott Hogan bought for 500k - West ham bid knocked back for £10m

just saying, north of £28m probable return for an outlay of around £2,5m aint bad...

And then there's Jo Garner :p 

10 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I think this needs to be made permanent ASAP. 

He is a huge step up in class from Halliday, Holt and Windass. 

This is the type of player we should be signing on a permanent basis. If Rossiter finally gets fit our midfield 3 would be upgraded 10 fold if we got another AM in. 

I hate the fact he could come up here, score a hat trick against the tarriers and not be ours come May. I understand why MW uses it (because he's been given fuck all) but it is short sighted from the board who seem determined to try and win this league having £2.5million in over a year. 

But would still be better than him not being here at all. If this signing all but guarantees us second place surely he will be well worth it?

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

europa league qualifiers in the arse end of some pot hole ridden ex soviet state isnt exactly as attractive as playing one tier below the most exposed league in the world

You'd be surprised how attractive European football is, even the Europa league. There are also 50,000 other reasons to attract a player like Toral. Plus Gedion will be very positive about his time here. The Board just need to show the ambition to move us up another level if he is available.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

And then there's Jo Garner :p 

...and Barrie McKay. Going by that list, is it guaranteed that just any coach would have developed Barrie they way he is developing under Warburton. In the last few matches I've become convinced that he is developing into an even better player than he was last season.

5 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

To those who say Warburton cant be trusted with money...

Andre Gray bought for £527k -  sold for £10,5m

Moses Odubajo bought for £1m - sold for £4.5m

James Tarkowski bought for development fee - sold for £3.4m

Scott Hogan bought for 500k - West ham bid knocked back for £10m

just saying, north of £28m probable return for an outlay of around £2,5m aint bad...

Only MW player that you could genuinely say has increased their stock since signing for us is Wes.

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, theclothmonster said:

Only MW player that you could genuinely say has increased their stock since signing for us is Wes.

Waghorn and Tav have imo, they may not be good enough but I think we could get a decent profit on both.

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

Waghorn and Tav have imo, they may not be good enough but I think we could get a decent profit on both.

Hopefully, as with every game in this league they have struggled badly. I thought both would make the step up no bother but both seem to struggle.

5 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

You'd be surprised how attractive European football is, even the Europa league. There are also 50,000 other reasons to attract a player like Toral. Plus Gedion will be very positive about his time here. The Board just need to show the ambition to move us up another level if he is available.

we need to get to the actual europa league first, playing 3 or 4 qualifiers in the arse end of europe isnt attractive whatsoever, especially as he'll see we arent exactly a brilliant team and no matter how many people rave about ibrox and their time here, fact is fi a championship team down south offer double what we will and a shot at getting to the EPL, its a no brainer

8 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

...and Barrie McKay. Going by that list, is it guaranteed that just any coach would have developed Barrie they way he is developing under Warburton. In the last few matches I've become convinced that he is developing into an even better player than he was last season.

Needs to do it a lot more for me to be convinced - he's not done much for us at the high level 

thought we were talking about players bought tho?

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, Smile said:

Hopefully, as with every game in this league they have struggled badly. I thought both would make the step up no bother but both seem to struggle.

I thought tav would be fine in this league and he was at the start but he's been shite since the first Hearts game, Waghorn I never expected to do much for us because he wasted so many chances last season, but I still think we could make a couple million off them from a league 1 side.

1 minute ago, Lloyd72 said:

I thought tav would be fine in this league and he was at the start but he's been shite since the first Hearts game, Waghorn I never expected to do much for us because he wasted so many chances last season, but I still think we could make a couple million off them from a league 1 side.

Hopefully.I'd be happy at that.

2 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Would take a million for both and be delighted. 

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Needs to do it a lot more for me to be convinced - he's not done much for us at the high level 

thought we were talking about players bought tho?

What's the point of limiting the discussion to players bought, when McKay effectively came from a period on loan and wouldn't have been on the radar of many people even a year and half ago? This is a guy at the age 20 who wasn't even in the team to get us promoted from the Championship first time around. If it's players bought, then okay, but if it's the effect of Warburton on players to bring them on and make them valuable additions to his teams then I would suggest McKay is relevant to the discussion.

14 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

But would still be better than him not being here at all. If this signing all but guarantees us second place surely he will be well worth it?

We'd still get 2nd without him, or anyone for that matter. We'd just trundle on like we are, finish comfortably 2nd whilst being 25+ points behind the tarriers with or without Toral.