Jon Toral Signs Until End of Season.

The problem with what I've seen in Youtube videos is this...

Almost all the chances come from attackers showing little pieces of skill (dummies, swivels, great first touch etc).  Toral shows good passing ability to get the ball to the attackers, but after that the onus is all on the attackers themselves.  This guy won't suddenly get us goals and making chances with the front three we currently have. 

He is better than Halliday/Holt so yes he is a good signing. However without a rejuvenated front three he will have little impact. 

38 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Oh yes he is.

Maybe only a handful of starts (and a goal scored in the cup) but he has participated in La Liga.

Over 70 games in the Championship and was voted both players and fans player of the year while at Birmingham. 

Being Birminghams' player of the year is like being the most beautiful girl in Airdrie.

Also didn't we sign another midfielder who was player of the season for his club last year.

Hope he does well but won't get too excited until I can see what he does here

http://www.granadacf.es/en/new/20170104134020

Jon Toral resumes full training with the squad

662x372c_04135116170104_entreno_26.jpg

Having received the all-clear from the club medical staff, midfielder Jon Toral trained fully with the rest of the first team squad on Wednesday morning, as preparations continue ahead of Saturday's match against Real Madrid at the Santiago Bernabéu 

13 minutes ago, adam2102 said:

The problem with what I've seen in Youtube videos is this...

Almost all the chances come from attackers showing little pieces of skill (dummies, swivels, great first touch etc).  Toral shows good passing ability to get the ball to the attackers, but after that the onus is all on the attackers themselves.  This guy won't suddenly get us goals and making chances with the front three we currently have. 

He is better than Halliday/Holt so yes he is a good signing. However without a rejuvenated front three he will have little impact. 

Noticed that myself , the guy played some fantastic balls through for the strike who couldn't finish them most of the time . Probably an issue that will arise here aswell . He looks like a younger and quicker version of what we had in krancjar . If we bring him in , a defensive midfielder and a proven goal scorer I will be happy. 

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

Diagouraga on loan would be a good signing

I'm not so sure. He looked slower than Kirk Broadfoot when I watched him and he couldn't find his own man with a pass. One game right enough and I've seen Messi do fuck all at Ibrox in a one off game. 

I'm unconvinced

Is this a definite done deal? OP says he's clinched the deal and Arsenal have agreed but it also says he can play against Real Madrid at the weekend for Grenada so has he actually put pen to paper? Or do loan deals not require that? Surely someone has to sign something, either him or someone from his parents club Arsenal.

Just find it strange he can play on Saturday if this is a done deal.

56 minutes ago, OhW said:

I'm not one of the guys who makes fun of him for his jargon, it annoys me that a Rangers manager is constantly being ripped on a Rangers forum by Rangers fans. All I was saying is that he has brought it on himself a little with terms like "pitch geography". 

It wasn't a dig at MW it was a throw away comment after flippineck used 6,7,8,9,10,11 which is something MW also does instead of naming the positions. 

End of the day if he puts a winning team on the park he can say what he likes. At the minute he's not which is our problem, not his use of language.

10 minutes ago, Smile said:

Aye him he's always good for a wee bit banter on the way round. he should be built like an olympian the amount of times he laps the park. 

Always feel sorry for him the day of a big card display :lol: pelted all the way round from the sandy jardine , broomloan and Copland fronts

16 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Is this a definite done deal? OP says he's clinched the deal and Arsenal have agreed but it also says he can play against Real Madrid at the weekend for Grenada so has he actually put pen to paper? Or do loan deals not require that? Surely someone has to sign something, either him or someone from his parents club Arsenal.

Just find it strange he can play on Saturday if this is a done deal.

As I understand it he goes back to Arsenal after this weekend, but then heads straight for us. But if he's not required this weekend it'll happen earlier

45 minutes ago, OhW said:

No worries mate. "Pitch geography" is fast becoming the new "Kenny Miller's neighbour" for worst, most repeated joke on here.

These two things equate to one another? We have an intelligent manager/coach, who has concepts about how the game should be played. Does "pitch geography" actually mean anything? I think it does, so perhaps the manager should be given a lot more respect when he speaks about these concepts and his ideas about the game.