Jon Toral Signs Until End of Season.

Just now, loyalfollower said:

The biggest plus for me is that this guy knows exactly what the gaffer wants. It's got to be better than having ohalloran or dodoo and forrester trying and constantly fucking it up.  

How on earth has Dodoo fucked up :lol: People on this site actual talk some amount of shite at times, I can understand if you don't like the guy (well actually I can't cause he is a good player and a nice guy) but some of you cunts actual TRY to make our team look bad.

Guest Lloyd72
4 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

How on earth has Dodoo fucked up :lol: People on this site actual talk some amount of shite at times, I can understand if you don't like the guy (well actually I can't cause he is a good player and a nice guy) but some of you cunts actual TRY to make our team look bad.

Was thinking that myself with Dodoo, also shouldn't forrester also know what Warburton wants since he was at brentford with him?  :headscratch::lol:

4 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Was thinking that myself with Dodoo, also shouldn't forrester also know what Warburton wants since he was at brentford with him?  :headscratch::lol:

This is another thing that is pissing me off, "Aw he played for Brentford so he must be coming to us" See out our whole fucking squad, there are only three players that have played with Warburton before. THREE.

4 hours ago, Creampuff said:

What difference does it make what term he uses? People constantly posting "pitch geography" or "trains well" as if these are daft things for a manager to say are towards the top end of my - very long - list of things that piss me off about this site.

surely the wrestling thread must be number one on your list

2 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

This is another thing that is pissing me off, "Aw he played for Brentford so he must be coming to us" See out our whole fucking squad, there are only three players that have played with Warburton before. THREE.

people are wildly missing the point about this loan deal, its not really the player thats the issue (although the fact he doesnt have a permanent first team slot at a club is a debate for another post) its the fact its a short term fix

its not like when we signed steven davis on loan, we were fighting on all fronts, already had a midfield full of international players that were arguably the best in the scottish game, so the davis deal was a case of "come and see if you can fit in son"

our squad right here right now needs massive quality added to its pool, and it needs to be permanent, this guy could come in and become our best midfielder, dominating games up here, and due to that there are teams with a greater financial clout that can say "here son, come sign for us in the championship, your one step away from the EPL or a move home if you romp it down here, oh and we'll give you double what rangers are offering"

hell he could play well first 3 games and someone else ties him up on a pre contract agreement before we even get near him

on the point about his abilities, people raving about his time at birmingham, brentford etc miss one glaring point, he's not at either club anymore, if he was that good for them and in the final year of his deal then one of them could easily have offered arsenal a few hundred grand and likely got him if arsenal are allowing his contract to run down, and if arsenal do indeed plan on extending his deal there's not a chance we'll be able to afford him whatsoever

Some Birmingham journalist was waxing lyrical about him last night on radio jacobite saying how gutted City fans are they are not making another move for him,how he was their stand out player and that he has the quality to play in the premiership. Also said he'd be amazed if no one else came on for him. On other hand a Russian football expert saud savco's latest wonder kid had scored one goal played few games and had a dodgy temperment. Just need to wait and see i guess. 

5 hours ago, Creampuff said:

What difference does it make what term he uses? People constantly posting "pitch geography" or "trains well" as if these are daft things for a manager to say are towards the top end of my - very long - list of things that piss me off about this site.

:thumbup:

Surely the title of the thread should be changed at the moment as he's not actually officially signed?

16:27

RANGERS IN TORAL TALKS

Rangers are in advanced talks with Arsenal for the loan signing of Jon Toral, according to Sky sources.

The Spanish academy attacking midfielder, 21, is currently on loan at Granada, while he also had loan spells at Brentford and Birmingham.

The deal is currently is under negotiation and has yet to be signed.

33 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

people are wildly missing the point about this loan deal, its not really the player thats the issue (although the fact he doesnt have a permanent first team slot at a club is a debate for another post) its the fact its a short term fix

its not like when we signed steven davis on loan, we were fighting on all fronts, already had a midfield full of international players that were arguably the best in the scottish game, so the davis deal was a case of "come and see if you can fit in son"

our squad right here right now needs massive quality added to its pool, and it needs to be permanent, this guy could come in and become our best midfielder, dominating games up here, and due to that there are teams with a greater financial clout that can say "here son, come sign for us in the championship, your one step away from the EPL or a move home if you romp it down here, oh and we'll give you double what rangers are offering"

hell he could play well first 3 games and someone else ties him up on a pre contract agreement before we even get near him

on the point about his abilities, people raving about his time at birmingham, brentford etc miss one glaring point, he's not at either club anymore, if he was that good for them and in the final year of his deal then one of them could easily have offered arsenal a few hundred grand and likely got him if arsenal are allowing his contract to run down, and if arsenal do indeed plan on extending his deal there's not a chance we'll be able to afford him whatsoever

I would be very cautious about giving MW more money, last thing we need is more money being spunked down the drain on more MOH and Garners. Getting players bedded in before next season so we can hit the ground running is the best scenario, buying more duds and having even less cash in the summer is the worst. I was dead against loan players for the sake of it this time last year but after MW's continuing shoehorning his favourites in to the team and playing formations we are poorly equipped to play he may not even be here in the summer due to fucking up second place.

1 minute ago, theclothmonster said:

I would be very cautious about giving MW more money, last thing we need is more money being spunked down the drain on more MOH and Garners. Getting players bedded in before next season so we can hit the ground running is the best scenario, buying more duds and having even less cash in the summer is the worst. I was dead against loan players for the sake of it this time last year but after MW's continuing shoehorning his favourites in to the team and playing formations we are poorly equipped to play he may not even be here in the summer due to fucking up second place.

bit harsh to say you wouldnt give him more money, he's barely had a penny to make a dent in the tarriers dominance, we'll still have some dodgy results before the end of the season but i feel that 2nd place is an almost guarantee given how shite we have been yet still sit up this end of the table

we have absolutely no idea just how good warburton will be with big money to spend, he has a good idea about football and how it should be played, for all we know, much better players will do this even better than we have seen from our band of misfits

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

bit harsh to say you wouldnt give him more money, he's barely had a penny to make a dent in the tarriers dominance, we'll still have some dodgy results before the end of the season but i feel that 2nd place is an almost guarantee given how shite we have been yet still sit up this end of the table

we have absolutely no idea just how good warburton will be with big money to spend, he has a good idea about football and how it should be played, for all we know, much better players will do this even better than we have seen from our band of misfits

The gap between us and Savco makes for a good point, unfortunately there is also a massive financial gap between us and the rest and MW has made a right pigs ear of it. His two costliest signings don't fit into his own brand of football, surely the most financial outlay on players should be one's that you can build your team around.