Matt Crooks has joined scunthorpe on loan

Guest Lloyd72

5 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Rossiter was worth the risk though.

Based on what? 

As I said yesterday (I think) I seen nothing in the YouTube compilation that even stood out and even they make guys like Dodoo look like Gonzalo Higuain. 

How he gets a regular game for England unders is actually beyond me (based on what I've seen)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Barton,Crooks,Kranjcar and Rossiter all brought in to strengthen our midfield in the summer.

That worked out well.

Am telling yi, it's that fucking Halliday running amok at training, knobbling folks, putting them up in the air, big slidies- he pure loves the Gers yi know 

Guest Lloyd72
5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Based on what? 

As I said yesterday (I think) I seen nothing in the YouTube compilation that even stood out and even they make guys like Dodoo look like Gonzalo Higuain. 

How he gets a regular game for England unders is actually beyond me (based on what I've seen)

Captain of Liverpool youth team also and very highly rated down south just look at some of the names linked with him before we got him, Rodgers coming out and declaring him a Valuable member of the Liverpool team said a lot to me about his talent not to mention his performances in the few games he played at Liverpool. Did he not get MOTM in a europa league game vs Bordeaux? It's very harsh to judge him on his games for us because he had just came back from a long term injury which still seems to be haunting him. As I said, he's very young still only 19 and has time on his side to get over these injury troubles.

2 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Captain of Liverpool youth team also and very highly rated down south just look at some of the names linked with him before we got him, Rodgers coming out and declaring him a Valuable member of the Liverpool team said a lot to me about his talent not to mention his performances in the few games he played at Liverpool. Did he not get MOTM in a europa league game vs Bordeaux? It's very harsh to judge him on his games for us because he had just came back from a long term injury which still seems to be haunting him. As I said, he's very young still only 19 and has time on his side to get over these injury troubles.

Captains of youth teams means very little to me - the very nature of unders football is that some look great and don't push on and some burst onto the scene. 

He played in Bordeaux had a high pass completion rate and apparently did very well (according to the BBC article I just looked up) but so did some others that they mentioned who's nowhere to be seen now either. 

I honestly just don't see the hype. I watched him in a couple of England unders games after he signed (or when we were linked heavily with him) and he didn't stand out at all.

Like a young Hemdani. Does little wrong, but doesn't do enough. Not my type of player. 

Guest Lloyd72
4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Captains of youth teams means very little to me - the very nature of unders football is that some look great and don't push on and some burst onto the scene. 

He played in Bordeaux had a high pass completion rate and apparently did very well (according to the BBC article I just looked up) but so did some others that they mentioned who's nowhere to be seen now either. 

I honestly just don't see the hype. I watched him in a couple of England unders games after he signed (or when we were linked heavily with him) and he didn't stand out at all.

Like a young Hemdani. Does little wrong, but doesn't do enough. Not my type of player. 

Fair enough although I'm not sure about the Hemdani comparison I don't remember much of him but I would say Defensive midfielders aren't supposed to do much other than tackle and pass and if they're doing little wrong that's good too. I don't think Rossiter was bought as a traditional DM anyway I think he was bought to play more of a Regista role for us but never quite got going due to the team being poor and him just coming back from injury.

2 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Fair enough although I'm not sure about the Hemdani comparison I don't remember much of him but I would say Defensive midfielders aren't supposed to do much other than tackle and pass and if they're doing little wrong that's good too. I don't think Rossiter was bought as a traditional DM anyway I think he was bought to play more of a Regista role for us but never quite got going due to the team being poor and him just coming back from injury.

Yeah I get what you are saying about the role of a defensive midfielder but if we are to have one of them to really work well for us I don't think it can be a young guy at 5,7 or whatever he is. If we are going down that route (again IMO) we need someone big and strong and will boss a midfield with the crunching tackles and win second balls with ease. Similar to a Wanyama for them in previous years and to a lesser extent what Armstrong has been doing in recent months for them. Hate using them as a benchmark but it's where we need to be.

Rossiter isn't that type of player that wee need for that role. Nice and neat and tidy but that's about it. 

51 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Definitely.

The excuses trotted out on here are quite something.

Also bear in mind that 3 of those four players will be top earners at club. Add in Senderos as well and it's quite something.

Not having that mate. Wee Frank is the best scout in football history, they'll come good.

:sarcasm:

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

That is what all the best defensive mids in the world do though, Sergio Busquets hardly ever puts a foot wrong but because he doesn't score 30 yarders every match he isn't talked about as much. Same goes for the likes of Iborra, Krychowiak etc

Besides, in the few games he played for us I thought he was reasonably solid, good tackling and pretty decent passing as well. Obviously he will be a bit raw at his age but the potential is definitely there for a great defensive mid

15 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

That is what all the best defensive mids in the world do though, Sergio Busquets hardly ever puts a foot wrong but because he doesn't score 30 yarders every match he isn't talked about as much. Same goes for the likes of Iborra, Krychowiak etc

Besides, in the few games he played for us I thought he was reasonably solid, good tackling and pretty decent passing as well. Obviously he will be a bit raw at his age but the potential is definitely there for a great defensive mid

Busquets in the same breath as Jordan Rossiter

Only on Rangers Media.

I take your point, but Busquets still offers a lot more than Rossiter will. He wins second balls, is sharp and aware. 

Maybe Rossiter can be .. I'm not ruling it out - I'm only commenting on what we've seen so far. Others seem to comment on what they've not seen or really wants to happen. 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Young Hendani :lol: