£100m guarantees nothing ?

BLUEDIGNITY

I think the OP should award himself a paragraph break or two - tedious reading.

As far as Weir's comments are concerned, it's management speak for "we've got hee haw money and don't expect to be doing anything any time soon."

All this pish about building however, is emperor's new clothes.   If we were actually producing young talent (either from within or by BUYING in the transfer market) I'd see the point. But we're not, we're often buying old crocks or loaning young guys.  Makes you wonder if they - board and management - actually know how to run a successful football club, let alone the most successful club in football history.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, gj923 said:

It would with 5 or 6 decent players on decent money. Problem is the club cannot afford to add extra 6-8 million onto the wage bill and King is not going to overinvest (or even invest).

In that case he should come out and apologise to the support who he led down the garden path with his bullshit lies and statements when he took over.

That's the issue here, if he was truthful in the first place it wouldn't be half as bad.

If we are saying we wont spend and that we already think they are already miles ahead then what the fuck are we going to do to bridge the gap if money isn't the answer? Cross our legs and toes and hope they go to the wall?

I'm sick of liars, criminals and all out arseholes running this great club, it's disgusting.

2 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

Senderos hill and Miller will be the experience he talks about adding and Tavernier waghorn etc are the ones he rightly or wrongly thinks can improve over time.

thats my take on it and it's not weir or even warburton we should be insulting-the ones in charge brought them in knowing what route they wanted to go down 

I get what your saying about experience, but for me experience means players 28/29/30 who have been playing top flight football for 10 years and are ready to be the spine of your team for 4/5 years. Not 2 players who really should be retiring, 1 player who had hardly kicked a ball and was struggling with fitness and another who was a massive gamble and it blew up in our face. 

There doesn't seem to be any coordinated plan for the future and it's just stumble from one transfer window to the next. 

1 minute ago, offsiderules said:

As far as Weir's comments are concerned, it's management speak for "we've got hee haw money and don't expect to be doing anything any time soon."

All this pish about building however, is emperor's new clothes.   If we were actually producing young talent (either from within or by BUYING in the transfer market) I'd see the point. But we're not, we're often buying old crocks or loaning young guys.  Makes you wonder if they - board and management - actually know how to run a successful football club, let alone the most successful club in football history.

We've brought/bought plenty of young talent in, both at youth level and 19-22 year olds.  First team...Dodoo, Rossiter, Crooks, Windass, Bates, Thompson, promoted from youth this year, McRorie, Walsh and Burt.  The Academy management, coaching and scouting system has been majorly overhauled and staff increased over the last couple of years.  Looks to me like they know what they're doing and at least trying to put in foundations to build on.  Time will tell right enough.

To me it's pretty obvious what is happening right now.  The management have been told there is going to be no real funds.  This is them trying to smooth it over, and hope we won't freak out.

Rangers fans have filled the stadium every other week, the fans have done their bit...it's time for the board and investors to do theirs.

Get the rights issue sorted out ( the AGM was months ago, the rights issue was voted through, why is it not in the pipeline yet)?

We don't need anywhere near 100m ( i know he didn't say that we did) but we need large investment.

Trouble is that Rangers are not making enough in terms of turnover. Until the board fix that then there is no chance of investing or asking people to invest into a club that's making fuck all. Dunno what planet some folk on here are on, asking for 10s of millions of money to be thrown at it. 

Weir mentions 100m. I'm sure he never meant that literally or figuratively speaking. I assume that was an example, that no matter what we do, if we throw money at it with the state of Rangers income streams and we do not win and get into the champions league then we're fucked as a business because we won't be able to manage that sort of expenditure. People will then say, "But you need to spend money to get there" that's true. We do need investment. The reasons the bheasts can do this is because they can afford to take such a risk and there business will be fine. We can't, not with what we're making.

But the board have to invest some money and try without fucking over the business and putting us back in the crapper. If not, then find a board that can and step aside.

11 minutes ago, offsiderules said:

Paragraph polis alert ! I just copied and pasted, you want paragraphs wire in !???

19 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Why else is he coming out with it...in January....during the window?

Wake the fuck up.

We are skint and he knows the fans are out there questioning the lies coming from the top of our club regarding investment.

Kings boys will round up and defend him, we the fans will call the liar out.  

Why's he coming out with it?  You think he sat in a darkened room and thought, "I know what'll pull the wool over their eyes....mwahahaha"  You've read the headline and gone with your pre-conceived opinion and "read between the lines".

And the lies you refer too?  Would that be the ones where what was said wasn't what really was said, and bits are left out and forgotten about because all you wanted to hear is £30 MILLION FOR PLAYERSSSSSSSSS....YAAAAAS

2 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

The worst thing about the interview is not the money comment that was just a throwaway line pounced on by the media. It's when weir said that what they do is build for the future ? Wtf is he on about, senderos,hill,Miller, bringing in 2 loan signings we have no chance of signing (like ball and zelalem last year) signing journeymen players(tav ,Kiernan,waggie,moh,etc) how the fk can that be laying foundations for the future?

I'm gonna get pasted for this but here goes;

The vision is to build a sustainable club and a team that can perform on the park. From a financial perspective getting into serious debt or being in hawk to King and Co does not lay good foundations for a sustainable club. So, throwing around the money ie, 10, 20, 30 or 100 million we either do not have or cannot afford would not bode well for the future of the club as well as not being a guarantee of success. While they are winning 10 in a row we could be back in the lower reaches of Scottish football once more having once again spent what we could not afford with no return. I would rather have a team competing for second (yeah i know, not good enough) rather than having to retrace our steps from whence we have just crawled from, and lets face it we have crawled back up the leagues to get where we are now. We are still crawling. The damage done to our club has been completely horrific and we are staggering back like a wounded animal. There is no chance of any big money men coming in while our club is a toxic hot potato with court cases hanging over our heads and that shitty SD deal hanging, like a millstone, round our necks

One of the things i truly hope is that the fans' passion for the club has been recognised and noticed by someone who can see the club for what it could be in the future. Packing out every stadium both home and away, being successful on the pitch in Scotland and in Europe, pulling in money by the sack load and marching onwards. I hope it's not just a dream.

While the management team try to restructure the whole team from a youth development perspective, as we have heard, this does not happen overnight. It will be another couple of years at least until we get a player coming through the ranks that we can punt on for a couple of million but in the meantime we have to continue to put a team out on the park on a Saturday that can at least compete for a trophy and hunt down the mob and make it hard for them. Unfortunately that will have to be with a mix of loan players and experience until our youth system comes through. The expectations of our fans are high. The highest. Nothing else other than absolute victory and superiority is good enough. I get it. But start messing about with managers, assistants and systems at this stage could be more than disastrous for us going forward.

Look where we are. Look where we have come from. But most of all look where we're going. Stop looking at them. get on with our own job because the wounded animal will roar once more.

Like I said, I hope it's not just a dream.

1 minute ago, coopsleftboot said:

Why's he coming out with it?  You think he sat in a darkened room and thought, "I know what'll pull the wool over their eyes....mwahahaha"  You've read the headline and gone with your pre-conceived opinion and "read between the lines".

And the lies you refer too?  Would that be the ones where what was said wasn't what really was said, and bits are left out and forgotten about because all you wanted to hear is £30 MILLION FOR PLAYERSSSSSSSSS....YAAAAAS

Investment, funds being made available in January....you know things King actually came out and said. One was even posted yesterday to highlight his bullshit.

He fucking loves gullible folk like you, make his job a walk in the park.

58 minutes ago, Vwbear said:

100 million?

20 would get you Charlie adam ross mccormack Robert snodgrass and glen Murray and that would dramatically improve us going forward

Why have you named so many shite players in that list?

Just now, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Bears won't keep buying season tickets to watch mediocre players, what happens next season when our target is at best second place ? 

Another card display of 55, more sound bites about investment has been put in and we are looking strong and training well...raring to go.

All for it to be shot down inside 90 minutes again.

1 hour ago, Louden_Greg said:

All he is saying imo is "money doesn't guarantee success" which is true. 

Though £100m would clearly be more than enough to overtake them. 

You do realise that since murray took over us the title winners have generally been the ones who spend the most, especially if you combine transfer fees and wages

Walter didnt spend the best part of 30mill second time around because he was bored

2 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Bears won't keep buying season tickets to watch mediocre players, what happens next season when our target is at best second place ? 

That's the nightmare scenario. 

Its doesn't take very long for the crowds to dwindle and then you get into a downward spiral very quickly, Bears of a certain age have lived through this already and know it's possible and can happen again. 

Sadly we have too many in our support who think we have some given right to be at the top and it's only a matter of time till we are back, we were going nowhere back in the early 80's until some money changed things not slow building and keep your fingers crossed. 

It needs some money today to kick start us again. 

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Investment, funds being made available in January....you know things King actually came out and said. One was even posted yesterday to highlight his bullshit.

He fucking loves gullible folk like you, make his job a walk in the park.

Aye, what he said in the summer was "I think we haven't finished doing business yet and given the fact we are in the Premier League, it's a more competitive league, I think we'll keep more in reserve for January as well and just look at where we think we are league wise at that point in time."

That says to me (actually it says to everyone) we'll see where we are in January and we have money to spend if we need to.   What it doesn't say is "we'll spend in January".

We will finish second.  If Warburton thinks we have enough to finish second and get European football then the board's duty is to believe him.  If they don't, and they believe we need extra investment in playing staff then they don't trust the football manager and have to get rid.  Like I said, I believe we'll achieve that comfortably.  As for the January window?  Over-inflated panic buying is the general rule of thumb, with the odd exception.  It's not an opinion I've came up with to suit this discussion, it's always been my view.  Desperation because of a clubs mid-season situation drives prices up.   I don't think we need to "invest" until the summer, and I'd prefer investment is done then.  Broader choice, better value.

3 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Aye, what he said in the summer was "I think we haven't finished doing business yet and given the fact we are in the Premier League, it's a more competitive league, I think we'll keep more in reserve for January as well and just look at where we think we are league wise at that point in time."

That says to me (actually it says to everyone) we'll see where we are in January and we have money to spend if we need to.   What it doesn't say is "we'll spend in January".

We will finish second.  If Warburton thinks we have enough to finish second and get European football then the board's duty is to believe him.  If they don't, and they believe we need extra investment in playing staff then they don't trust the football manager and have to get rid.  Like I said, I believe we'll achieve that comfortably.  As for the January window?  Over-inflated panic buying is the general rule of thumb, with the odd exception.  It's not an opinion I've came up with to suit this discussion, it's always been my view.  Desperation because of a clubs mid-season situation drives prices up.   I don't think we need to "invest" until the summer, and I'd prefer investment is done then.  Broader choice, better value.

Well as you seem to have your crystal ball out, do want to give us a figure that should be made available to the manger in the summer that would sufficient?

Considering we haven't felt the need to spend the reserve kept back from last summer in this January window that should give the manager a nice wee sum. 

I can only assume that the people that are so annoyed at what's he's saying here haven't read past the headline. 

All he's saying is that spending huge sums of money doesn't guarantee success, and that a long term strategy focusing on youth is the way forward.

It's a sensible strategy, and was the strategy that everyone said they wanted when we got demoted; everyone said they wanted when Warburton was appointed; and - in a fashion typical of our support - a strategy they want abandoned when we're not competitive immediately. 

I'm honestly stunned at how many of our support seem to think that this should be easy.