£100m guarantees nothing ?

BLUEDIGNITY

Just now, loyalfollower said:

Which makes you wonder if the board actually wanted it to go through.

sounds daft doesn't it but ken bates used to block similar things at Leeds Utd.

if it was a percentage like mccoists which would've got it passed then I'm sure king and Murray would've made sure indirectly that he voted it through. We're just saddled with a bunch of cunts who can't spend anything what's nearly required and don't want to lose any shareholding.

I honestly think if they had wanted it through they could have pushed it through no problem at all, they didn't seem to Push for it at all.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

Which makes you wonder if the board actually wanted it to go through.

sounds daft doesn't it but ken bates used to block similar things at Leeds Utd.

if it was a percentage like mccoists which would've got it passed then I'm sure king and Murray would've made sure indirectly that he voted it through. We're just saddled with a bunch of cunts who can't spend anything what's nearly required and don't want to lose any shareholding.

that actually means allys vote makes sense

Success has actually fuck all to do with how well the Scum are doing. All we need is to reach a decent level of consistency, have a couple of no nonsense footballers in the team to add to the flair and the rest will take care of itself. If we're winning 95% of our games outwith OF, the pressure will tell on them. If we're operating at that level, then OF games will be more unpredictable. The more that happens, the smaller the gap gets.

It won't take £10 Million to do that, never mind £100 Million.

1 minute ago, writingranger said:

Short term-ism and calls for panic buying won't derail the project of rebuilding the club. Sounds sensible to me. So long as there's enough investment and we win the league next year, that's tickety boo

I agree with you but what evidence do you see that there will be a) "enough investment" and b) we might win the league next year (starting from where we presently are)?

23 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

*You're.

There isn't a number, a number doesn't guarantee success.  I don't want to hear one either emanating from the club...

4 or 5 of the right quality signings in the summer could cost us £5m or £20m or nothing.  I'd rather the investment went into salary than transfer fee.

So you want another summer of gamble signings. ?

Because if you aren't signing up Bosmans in January then come the summer your left with the dross nobody else wants. 

So you,re (that better) a fool. ?

11 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Most of the posts on here say what most Rangers fans must be thinking. 

I like big Davie but that was a hellish defeatist interview, imagine any player reading that. It must make them think, oh well we have got years to catch selick, no need to try too hard. :facepalm:

We all know what Davie meant about the £100M but again it is a nonsense we do not need anywhere near that amount to be competing with them, but it puts out a statement that we should not worry about any investment because we are not trying to work to any timescale that involves any serious money at the moment.  Well that is bullshit Davie, why can we not build youth but also invest in a few players that would make us competitive now. 

We are Rangers not some lower division club. We should not forget that. 

All we are asking for is 3/4 sensible buys to become the spine of the team, not 30/40 mill spunked on shit. 

Ive no idea why some feel the need to try and polish Kings lying tongue. 

9 minutes ago, writingranger said:

Short term-ism and calls for panic buying won't derail the project of rebuilding the club. Sounds sensible to me. So long as there's enough investment and we win the league next year, that's tickety boo

It's not short termism, we need a ready to go spine of a team that will be here for 4/5 years while the youngsters are feed into the first team if they are good enough. 

7 minutes ago, offsiderules said:

I agree with you but what evidence do you see that there will be a) "enough investment" and b) we might win the league next year (starting from where we presently are)?

8 minutes ago, Grae said:

Success has actually fuck all to do with how well the Scum are doing. All we need is to reach a decent level of consistency, have a couple of no nonsense footballers in the team to add to the flair and the rest will take care of itself. If we're winning 95% of our games outwith OF, the pressure will tell on them. If we're operating at that level, then OF games will be more unpredictable. The more that happens, the smaller the gap gets.

I think Grae has kind of summed up my thoughts albeit using slightly more colourful language. 

2 minutes ago, Grae said:

With a present winning percentage of 58%, it seems we have a long way to go to reach your magic figure. In fact if my schoolboy arithmetic serves me right we could win every single game between now and the rest of the season (outwith OF) and our percentage would only be 76%.  Strangely enough the scum winning percentage at the moment is 95% and we're 19 (potentially 22 point adrift.   Or is this next year you mean?

1 minute ago, offsiderules said:

With a present winning percentage of 58%, it seems we have a long way to go to reach your magic figure. In fact if my schoolboy arithmetic serves me right we could win every single game between now and the rest of the season (outwith OF) and our percentage would only be 76%.  Strangely enough the scum winning percentage at the moment is 95% and we're 19 (potentially 22 point adrift.   Or is this next year you mean?

I was meaning moving forward, not what's already gone. If we could win 95% of our remaining games this season (outwith OF) and give them a bit of a doing in one of the games then we'd be on the right road. Realistically it'd be next season. There should be no reason why we couldn't do that.

2 minutes ago, Grae said:

I was meaning moving forward, not what's already gone. If we could win 95% of our remaining games this season (outwith OF) and give them a bit of a doing in one of the games then we'd be on the right road. Realistically it'd be next season. There should be no reason why we couldn't do that.

I wish I could share your optimism.  I appreciate your percentages are figurative but I've little confidence on us going on that type of run from now till the end of the season.  We just don't have a track record so far to suggest we might.  My concern is that without proper investment in the playing squad then we will most probably be poor seconds for the foreseeable.  You might call me pessimistic, but I'd suggest realistic is what I'm talking.

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

It's not short termism, we need a ready to go spine of a team that will be here for 4/5 years while the youngsters are feed into the first team if they are good enough. 

want to know what annoys me the media and every cunt else keep going on about a widening gap and basically  have a go at rangers everywhere you turn what would you expect in that scenario you would expect that to give the board a fire in there belly ready to fight the bastards all the way and prove everybody wrong but unfortunately there's no proof that's the case

1 minute ago, watpnosurrender said:

want to know what annoys me the media and every cunt else keep going on about a widening gap and basically  have a go at rangers everywhere you turn what would you expect in that scenario you would expect that to give the board a fire in there belly ready to fight the bastards all the way and prove everybody wrong but unfortunately there's no proof that's the case

Couldn't agree more.  If the rumour is true, Rodgers was only hired because desmond was royally pissed off after the cup semi last year. Chat is our guys wound him up and that was his backlash.  that's the kind of spirit you want/need inside Ibrox!

14 minutes ago, watpnosurrender said:

Business men first, Rangers men second. 

When it's really easy to find the right balance between the two. 

2 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

What he's doing is being real and managing fans expectations. 

Him and Warburton can only play with the cards they've got. He doesn't want to be in this position as much as we don't. 

What this interview says to me is we're a million miles off Celtic and we don't have a board with enough money to bridge the gap. He's obviously not stupid, he knows £100m in the SPL would be more than sufficient 

Well they've already proved they're Pish poor card players. The press are doing their usual and building the tarriers up as world beaters which is what they do but when your own management team jump on the bandwagon then they can fuck off. As K.I.A points out Weir ain't no legend and his record since going into management is fucking dire. A jock Wallace type of bluenose manager would never admit defeat to those cunts even if they thought we had no chance. I just hope they don't put Weir in charge of season ticket renewals or we are fucked. We are saddled with 2 rookies in charge because it was the cheap option and they will obviously put up with any shite King throws at them. Praise the fans every week and they know there are enough idiots out here who will fall for this Pish. Barton,nico,Rossiter,Senderos ect,how much money is that pissed up against a wall?

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

And Saint Martins team would wipe the floor with us in present day.

What's your point?

Maybe I should've expanded in my post. 

That squad was performing against a tarriers squad with a larger budget and winning REGULARLY. Yes it had investment but it was far from being one of our greatest squads.

Scottish football has declined dramatically in the past 5 years and although the tarriers are ahead of everyone they are hardly a great side.

In the current climate it (IMO) would not take HUGE investment to overturn them.

3 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Why else is he coming out with it...in January....during the window?

Wake the fuck up.

We are skint and he knows the fans are out there questioning the lies coming from the top of our club regarding investment.

Kings boys will round up and defend him, we the fans will call the liar out.  

Weir and Warburton have not now only proven they are poor managers, but they are now officially King's erse wipes along with all his other erse wipes.

The propaganda machine in full swing now.

I'm sure there's another loan due!