£100m guarantees nothing ?

BLUEDIGNITY

34 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

One of the disappointing things about the Weir press conference and to some extent the articles from big Rangers names last week, and of many of Warburton's soundbite messages, is their emphasis is on the journey.

We are told (pretty much weekly) the team needs to learn.  We are asked to be patient.  We are told it will be a question of persisting.   We were told we were going for 55, only to be cheekily told much later after STs were sold that nobody said when.  We rely on bringing in loan players to make a decisive difference to just finishing 2nd this season.   We are told the team needs to gel.   We see only meagre transfer funds being made available and even then its arguable that the summer signings are not delivering any substantial improvement to the team.   King and the Board have hit the buffers in terms of finding investment to go towards acquiring better players.  They seem to be all out of financial steam for that.    We hear weekly that the focus is the next game and its each game at a time - 3 points available for each game - then the post match interviews that bring us back to a need to learn, a need to be patient and so on.  

It's like journey on the Circle line in London.  Next station Learning.  The following station Patience.  The station after that Persistence.  The station after that Gelling.  And so it goes.    The first and most immediate end product we want to see is title 55.   At some time Warburton, Weir and King need to do a whole lot more focussing on finding the investment, talent and managerial nous to break out of just messaging about what starts to feel like a circular endless journeying and actually travel at speed to get to 55.     That may take more money than King can deliver and more managerial drive and nous than Warburton can muster.  

It's leaders and winners we need.  Not Board members or managers or coaches who settle for the journey and keeping financially afloat as being enough of a measure of success.   There needs to be much more of an emphasis on the end product of a title.  Its the absence of that firm focus that makes the Weir press conference - and those given by Warburton - less than satisfactory.   As for King and the Board.  Well, they seem to have nothing to say at this time. 

I like these new short posts RB. ??

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

It was nonsense yesterday and it's still nonsense today. 

Correct, is it Barcelona or Celtic he is talking about?

The gap is a gap that would be closed and then opened by us on the other side with decent management and 5 good footballers tried and tested in the SPL, 100m ffs geeze peace.

6 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

Gogzy, as far as I'm aware the rights issue was defeated at the AGM because, for example, Ally McCoist didn't vote in it. Did I get that wrong? I don't frequent the Boardroom anymore.

The share issue failed, the rights issue passed IIRC.

The taigs squad value is £47.9M.

The gap isn't "massive" as it's really only "big", we do have a squad that can give them problems (whether the full squad shows up is a different matter). So just a quarter of 100m would push us over the edge and close the gap to the point there is no gap. Would still have 3/4 of the 100m lieing about so we can still keep up to date and make good buys. Just as a comparison, Ajax is worth 101m which is what we'd be worth if you threw 100m in there somewhere. 

So what Davie Weir says doesn't make sense.  

But then if it's in the context of this season then he's 75% right, it's the taigs who needs to slip up and drop points. Although having money to bolster the squad, get good midfielders, defenders and clinical strikers will allow us to win the battles against teams like county, accies, St J and so on that would ultimently win us the overall league. No point beating the tims if we can't beat Accies at home. 

7 hours ago, Smile said:

I honestly don't think the scum are a great team under ten million spent in the right areas would see us really competing with them.

This board and management team are making a mockery of us.

Not a chance mate, 10 mill alone wouldn't buy us a back 4 good enough 

29 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scottish-premiership/marktwerteverein/wettbewerb/SC1

The club worth, but that just shows much 100m means. You could buy torbett towers twice over for 100m

That website has Efe Ambrose valued at £2.13m ffs :lol:

2 minutes ago, gbm1989 said:

He only said that there is no guarantees that we would win the title if we spent 100 million. I reckon a flippant remark from big Davie has been turned into a headline. Load of bollocks.

Spend £100m in England and you're not guaranteed to win anything.

We're playing in the highly prestigious SPL so I see your point.

13 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Spend £100m in England and you're not guaranteed to win anything.

We're playing in the highly prestigious SPL so I see your point.

Englands becoming a sort of level playing field now a few teams apart, 100m spent now does not guarantee you to even stay in the EPL.

24 minutes ago, gbm1989 said:

He only said that there is no guarantees that we would win the title if we spent 100 million. I reckon a flippant remark from big Davie has been turned into a headline. Load of bollocks.

It's the fact he then used that extreme to try and justify the under investment as being patient and building for the future. 

Now that's a load of bollocks. 

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I like these new short posts RB. ??

Aye, I've too much time on my hands these days with work a distant thing of the past.    I'll need to copy Trump a bit and post tweet type offerings.   I'll make it a belated New Year resolution.   See how long it lasts.........

Just now, Reformation Bear said:

Aye, I've too much time on my hands these days with work a distant thing of the past.    I'll need to copy Trump a bit and post tweet type offerings.   I'll make it a belated New Year resolution.   See how long it lasts.........

You carry on mate all your posts are worth a read, gives me an excuse to put the kettle on and have a cup of tea. ??

17 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

I like reading your books.

46 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

As CB says you just do what you do mate, I find your longer posts interesting and if in a hurry can always come back for a second read. :lol:  :thumbup:    

1 hour ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

With £100 million I would get them to the last 16 of the Champions league. Weir is talking one load of pish, and setting his stall out for failure. Fucking pathetic so it is.

But how would you get by the East end Galacticos to get INto the CL as their team IS worth £250m just now.:tongue: