Overreactionary nonsense

Bluepeter9

On 20 August 2017 at 11:46 AM, JograBear said:

Better players, better style of football. Not just having one tactic.

After 3 games I don't think comparing points to last season says much.

Better players? No

Better football? Absolutely not?

Tactics under this clown? What tactics.

12 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

Better players? No

12 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

Better players? No

We 100% have better players mate.

16 minutes ago, Teddy bear 1873 said:

Should've been a comfortable win over hearts but, we missed good chances and maybe should've had a pen.

The jury's out on Pedro and with easier games ahead we might get to see Pena a bit more, but a striker is needed, miller has been a good servant and scored some important goals last season but a sub would be best. 

I'm still convinced we will have a good season but not as optimistic as I was at the start 

what constitutes "good"?

if we come up against the sheep or the filth in a cup tie we will get fucking pumped.

the scum dropped 8 points last season, the full season. we have already dropped 4.

I cannot understand how this bloke still has credit in the bank with anyone. he's a fucking joke.

34 minutes ago, Teddy bear 1873 said:

Should've been a comfortable win over hearts but, we missed good chances and maybe should've had a pen.

The jury's out on Pedro and with easier games ahead we might get to see Pena a bit more, but a striker is needed, miller has been a good servant and scored some important goals last season but a sub would be best. 

I'm still convinced we will have a good season but not as optimistic as I was at the start 

I would agree with most of that, you never know Rangers might be able to turn things around yet, still very early which we're thankful for, just a major disappointment though nonetheless, should've never have ended up 5 points behind.

I'm confident with Mark Allen and the team we'll see quality being brought in to sort out where we're needing, I agree about Kenny, he's been a good servant but we badly need another goal scorer, I know nothing about the Leeds boy we have recently been linked to so it shows there's probably renewed interest in striker, maybe Pedro was just sending media in wrong direction before, who knows?

8 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Jack dorrans cardoso alves are all a massive upgrade on what we had last year.

People are very quick to forget how much Rangers have progressed over the past 4 years, since the day Ally McCoist left Rangers as manager if you cast your mind back to that team, Warburton made a big improvement in that Rangers side it just wasn't good enough to compete at SPFL level and within one season look at the sort of quality we have throughout the squad already.

I do believe we're not that far off, if we can get another goal scorer, hell even try out the Herrera, Morelos partnership, bring Walker in down the left and get a full back, I think we'll be a pretty strong side. Looking at it it was the missed chances which cost us and all it requires is bringing in someone who will score goals, I don't think we're as far off as people think.

4 hours ago, KWBear said:

what constitutes "good"?

if we come up against the sheep or the filth in a cup tie we will get fucking pumped.

the scum dropped 8 points last season, the full season. we have already dropped 4.

I cannot understand how this bloke still has credit in the bank with anyone. he's a fucking joke.

Even with Jose in charge, we couldn't beat the filth. There is just too big a gap.

As for the sheep, we will pump them.

7 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Even with Jose in charge, we couldn't beat the filth. There is just too big a gap.

Really? We will pump the sheep? Why? We've been shite so far. I see nothing to suggest we have what it takes to beat anyone in this league let alone a club that finished well above us last season 

Pedro is honking mate 

4 hours ago, RangersScotty9 said:

Looking at it it was the missed chances which cost us and all it requires is bringing in someone who will score goals, I don't think we're as far off as people think.

I remember reading pretty much this, over and over under MW. "If we had this", or "if we hadn't missed that". It just reeks of excuses to me now. It's early yes, but not too early to determine he's just not up to the job. His results speak for themselves and it's only a matter of time now imo. 

16 hours ago, Blue72 said:

Basically BP9 is saying that it's acceptable to invest in fees and salaries far above all but one team in the league and then to ride along in 5th or 6th place, beaten in the table by clubs that have 10 or 20% our budget.

Madness.

lol that's a very 'creative' interpretation of what I said. So creative it's wrong.

firing on all cylinders happens with a good, stable squad. Pedro has a lot of new players as first pick. Anecdotally only 50-60% of them will 'work' so he uses transfer windows to sort that - incremental change and improvement - it takes time. This is not FIFA 17 

10 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

We'll pump them'

Not even September and they have built a 5 point gap over us

23 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

lol that's a very 'creative' interpretation of what I said. So creative it's wrong.

firing on all cylinders happens with a good, stable squad. Pedro has a lot of new players as first pick. Anecdotally only 50-60% of them will 'work' so he uses transfer windows to sort that - incremental change and improvement - it takes time. This is not FIFA 17 

You know yourself you have no argument when all you do is throw out the Fifa insult when people disagree with you. 

26 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

You know yourself you have no argument when all you do is throw out the Fifa insult when people disagree with you. 

Just his latest buzzword. Used it about ten times in the past three days in the same way he used to sarcastically say "we're doooomed" when people were calling McCoist out for the diddy that he was. 

Also funny how he talks about how teams firing on all cylinders happens with a good, stable squad. Aberdeen have signed seven players this Summer having lost five first team regulars in Taylor, Jack, McGinn, Hayes, Pawlett and it doesn't appear to have affected them too much but that's probably because their manager actually knows what he is doing.

6 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Just his latest buzzword. Used it about ten times in the past three days in the same way he used to sarcastically say "we're doooomed" when people were calling McCoist out for the diddy that he was. 

Also funny how he talks about how teams fire on all cylinders happens with a good, stable squad. Aberdeen have signed seven players this Summer having lost five first team regulars in Taylor, Jack, McGinn, Hayes, Pawlett and it doesn't appear to have affected them too much but that's probably because their manager actually knows what he is doing.

There's no logical comeback to anything you've just said so he will either call you a hater or flat out ignore you.

12 hours ago, Frank Harrison said:

There's no logical comeback to anything you've just said so he will either call you a hater or flat out ignore you.

@DBBTB it's strange how folk can't argue on here so resort to insults and then get all humpy when a little sarcasm is used. Frank quoting 'logic' while chucking in the towel is class. 

is class typo 

On 20 August 2017 at 6:58 PM, Virtuoso said:

Ross Counties current results mean nothing considering this time last year they were just below us on five points - yet we couldn't muster that win. This time last year we were sitting on seven points, still couldn't muster a win later on against Ross County and we're playing far worse than this time last year.

You're fucking at it (as is evident with everyone elses comments / seeing where I'm coming from).

Surrender monkey indeed :sarcasm:

Last year's results against county mean nothing especially with the new players brought in.

Surrender monkey indeed :dance:

9 minutes ago, SimmetnDrawers said:

Too many mouthpieces waiting to jump on our Manager. He absolutely showed class on TV today post match, despite the hostility he faced. We are only 3 points behind the scum ! 

Missed the post match interviews - what was the nature of this hostility?