Simon Jordan

scottyc06

Just now, rangersmad86 said:

Small world mate, I live in Buckinghamshire and know a few lads that know him, so have been out on the piss with him a few times. His Dad was also the chairman of an old club of mine. Absolute bang on in what you say, everyone says how much of a cracking player he was before things took a bad turn. 

Stevie Kinniburgh is also a quality lad by the way. I worked for Oxford United while he was there and he lived just outside of Bicester so often bumped into him in Tesco. He's involved at Kettering now I believe. Us Bears don't half cover some amount of the country! 

I try not to think about Steve Kinniburgh going to that place!:lol: Only saw him play a couple of times as I was living in Renfrew when he was there. Captain at that place now.

You probably know a few ex Bedford lads if you know Jacko and his mates. That level of football is a pretty small world. You might be interested in his appearance as an 18 yr old on Match of the Day if you've not seen him play.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

I try not to think about Steve Kinniburgh going to that place!:lol: Only saw him play a couple of times as I was living in Renfrew when he was there. Captain at that place now.

You probably know a few ex Bedford lads if you know Jacko and his mates. That level of football is a pretty small world. You might be interested in his appearance as an 18 yr old on Match of the Day if you've not seen him play.

I like Barry Fry and his infectious personality, his book was good.

Just now, pcbear said:

Top bloke as well, I've a couple of stories about him. He's a proper football man is Barry. Loads of time for him, not sure if he still does but his phone number was always in the local phone directory. 

His missus even gave me his mobile number at one point when I needed a favour. Couldn't have been nicer. I think its the Bedford thing.:pipe:

7 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

Brilliant cheers for that mate, will pass that on. Little claim to fame for him there! Yeah I was always surprised that Kinniburgh never made it in league football in England. If you remember he initially came on loan to Oxford with Ross Perry. Perry never kicked a ball, no surprise there, but Stevie was absolutely brilliant. Oxford ended up signing him permanently after we released him and then he was completely garbage, such a let down after he'd done so well on loan. You'll be hoping he doesn't do so well at Kettering either if that's one of your rivals! 

Just now, rangersmad86 said:

Brilliant cheers for that mate, will pass that on. Little claim to fame for him there! Yeah I was always surprised that Kinniburgh never made it in league football in England. If you remember he initially came on loan to Oxford with Ross Perry. Perry never kicked a ball, no surprise there, but Stevie was absolutely brilliant. Oxford ended up signing him permanently after we released him and then he was completely garbage, such a let down after he'd done so well on loan. You'll be hoping he doesn't do so well at Kettering either if that's one of your rivals! 

Old enemies but don't play each other at the minute. He runs a soccer school now as far as I know, think he may have lost enthusiasm for the pro game. Never wish ill on a former player unless they play us.

If you see Jacko pass on my regards, he may remember me when I was Supporters Club chairman at Bedford. Been a good while since I saw him though. 

3 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

Old enemies but don't play each other at the minute. He runs a soccer school now as far as I know, think he may have lost enthusiasm for the pro game. Never wish ill on a former player unless they play us.

If you see Jacko pass on my regards, he may remember me when I was Supporters Club chairman at Bedford. Been a good while since I saw him though. 

Will do! 

You're right about SK, a pal of mine did his B licence with him maybe 18 months ago now and he's focused on his coaching more now I think. Does a bit with the youth at Kettering as well. 

22 minutes ago, pcbear said:

I detest Barry fry for fucking southend united over and taking Ricky Otto and our best players with him to Birmingham in the 90s. That lad was the black Ryan giggs.

He's right with it all.  The LMA are a joke and are largely only involved when managers make a rodger hunt of things and lose their jobs.

It's good to see people down south recognise that hatred was the reason we were sent down, but also recognise we have fought back and that it's just a matter of time before we return to the peak.

Celtc fans don't like this and pretend to laugh it off but deep down inside they know it.  The rest of the league show us that they know this too by the nature of their celebrations when they score a goal and by the look on their faces when they leave Ibrox with nothing (against a Rangers a team which will get stronger)

On 15/02/2017 at 5:57 PM, simplythebest said:

Obsessed tarriers never miss a chance to go on about our 'cheating' do they

Never mind all the people that they cheated out of their childhoods

I know, right... Of course Man City and Chelsea 'cheated' their way to the title. I guess Barca and Real have 'cheated' their way to titles following transfer embargos ... absolute nonsense. 

financial fair play was introduced by the big clubs forcing pressure onto UEFA to keep them their for life... it's a closed loop. In order for Rangers to match Celtic in the transfer market, we'd have to break financial fair play rules because we're without CL money... it's such a load of crock. 

And Jordan is right, Neil Doncaster and co killed Scottish football. It was a witch hunt that nobody outside of Scotland understood... they were like, "why do you wanna cripple your already fragile league and kill all competition for the next 5-7 years in the name of integrity because Ross County and St Mirren with 1,000 fans said so"... 

Motherwell finished runners-up for two seasons, both Edinburgh clubs were relegated, Dundee United almost folded... Aberdeen on the brink right now... Celtic 30 points clear... 

Was it really 'best for the game', is everyone's conscious clear? Imbeciles. 

Time to join PSV and Ajax and force the Atlantic League agenda... 

On 15/02/2017 at 9:21 PM, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Everyone outside Scotland can see what happened to us!

People down here don't know the half of it.

It's a very delicate balance between trying to give them the the full story or appearing as a rolling-eyed monster.

10 hours ago, jamiebear said:

I know, right... Of course Man City and Chelsea 'cheated' their way to the title. I guess Barca and Real have 'cheated' their way to titles following transfer embargos ... absolute nonsense. 

financial fair play was introduced by the big clubs forcing pressure onto UEFA to keep them their for life... it's a closed loop. In order for Rangers to match Celtic in the transfer market, we'd have to break financial fair play rules because we're without CL money... it's such a load of crock. 

And Jordan is right, Neil Doncaster and co killed Scottish football. It was a witch hunt that nobody outside of Scotland understood... they were like, "why do you wanna cripple your already fragile league and kill all competition for the next 5-7 years in the name of integrity because Ross County and St Mirren with 1,000 fans said so"... 

Motherwell finished runners-up for two seasons, both Edinburgh clubs were relegated, Dundee United almost folded... Aberdeen on the brink right now... Celtic 30 points clear... 

Was it really 'best for the game', is everyone's conscious clear? Imbeciles. 

Time to join PSV and Ajax and force the Atlantic League agenda... 

I like the cut of your jib ?