Unexpectedly bumping into a Ranger

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Flew to New York for our silver wedding and spent the whole journey chatting to Nacho who was sat next to us. Mrs wisnae pleased :-)

For the record - naebody looked at embdy's boabie.

Neither was Nacho, bet he just wanted a kip

2 hours ago, rangersmad86 said:

Brilliant, great to be able to sit down and ask a few questions. My off topic is also tarrier related that cunt Stokes walked into the Corinthian toilet while I was taking a pish, I took solace in the fact that not only was I born on the right side of the fence but my average sized piece was still bigger than his ?

Billy connoly warned me about guys like you 

Barry Ferguson and Craig Moore,  the garage.    Barry was steaming drinking orange bacardi breezers.   Craig bought a round of vodka and red bulls. We sat in same booth upstairs.

Dado Prso and two hot hot women at Partick cross. Think one was his Mrs and the other an interpreter. He was walking between them both, remember him being hugs and asking for his autograph.

Ferguson again in a shop in the West end called Mr Smith.it only sold pants was a bit strange

Bumped into Mark Hateley in the bowls of the Nou Camp before we played Barca in 2007/08

Had a laugh with Gordon Durie about him costing me close to £750 in a bar in Dunfermline. (I had Laudrup 1st goal & 4-1 v hearts in the Scottish cup final)

Got chatting to Archie Knox in the Dome in Edinburgh (Does he count btw)

I met Tav last year when I worked in a shop in Glasgow City Centre won't go into specifics but I couldn't help him product discontinued and he looked like he wanted to kill me

big wannabe hard man stare

i was just looking at him like ok you can leave billy big time think he was hungover actually.

Met Michael Mols overseas at a supporters club..

Met a relative of Gazza outside the stadium at my first home league game (7-0 v Dunfermline) who took my book in to get signed off all the players... still have this at my parents home.

And finally met Peter Van Vossen, Erik Bo Anderson and Charlie Miller at my first ever Rangers game.. 0-1 loss to Ajax at home in the CL. The De Boers both played for Ajax that night!

My Mum worked in Albion House as she worked for Gestetner the photcopying machine sellers and when schools were off she would take me down and I would just stand at the main door waiting for players and met many players from early 90's era and have all there autographs hidden away as keep sake. When you meet them you get aw struck so never said much as a young lad but most players would chat away with the people there waiting.

Great memories :cheers:

Years ago there was a concert at glasgow green... the big day and likes of wet wet wet, sheena easton, big country  were playing all day. 

Derek Ferguson who had dodgy shoulder at time put me on his shoulders for a full song think it was Fields of fire haha.... but i never forgot it, on way home that night met Ted Mcminn

was one of best days of my childhood

34 minutes ago, Railcard said:

I met Tav last year when I worked in a shop in Glasgow City Centre won't go into specifics but I couldn't help him product discontinued and he looked like he wanted to kill me

big wannabe hard man stare

i was just looking at him like ok you can leave billy big time think he was hungover actually.

Can you please go into specifics?

2 minutes ago, Dunny_01 said:

Years ago there was a concert at glasgow green... the big day and likes of wet wet wet, sheena easton, big country  were playing all day. 

Derek Ferguson who had dodgy shoulder at time put me on his shoulders for a full song think it was Fields of fire haha.... but i never forgot it, on way home that night met Ted Mcminn

I worked with McMinn's ex wife in early 2000's :drool: what a fox.

I answered my front door, when I stayed at home with my parents, to see big Eck standing there. He had a signed copy of his book (Don of an era) for my dad who he spoke about and had a photo of in his book. My dad was his coach as a youngster growing up in Barrhead.

also met the full team at the airport when me and the missus were flying out on honeymoon almost 16 years ago. Met Fergie, Amo, Cannigia, Mols, Flo, Latapy, Advocaat and the soundest of the lot was Neil McCann. 

12 minutes ago, Dunny_01 said:

That's was a superb day. Was tripping out ma nut ?

A worked with a guy who stayed next door to a woman in johnstone a think it was and gazza went to her door and done that daz doorstep challenge as a pisstake....never met any players. A was sittin behind that tim fud mcgeady on a flight to ibiza and he ended up whiteyin in the bog because his mate gave him some of that swedish snoos chewin tobacco you stick under your lip. Poof.