Murty.

ForeverAndEver

1 hour ago, Copland bear said:

He should only have been in charge for one match and someone should have been in to the end of the season.  

The board are clueless but club 1872 are so far up their arses then the board will just stumble from one mess to the next.

Dave tells us 2nd is now good enough for Rangers? No second will never be good enough for Rangers and with that attitude from the top then what chance did we stand this season?

Look at each player we have signed and ask what he cost? Not wages or add on fees like Garner but what we actually spent? 

Barton was spot on about this team yet he was hung out to dry after the 5-1 defeat just like big Sendros, Keirnan cost us the game at parkhead, the first goal  dembelee was 7 yards out from a corner no one near him then the second goal Keirnan passes it right to them on the half way line when our full backs have pushed up and it was 2-0 game over, but we gave ourselves a life line just for him to fuck up in the 3rd then Sendros moment of madness and he goes and is now the scapegoat when he is playing alongside a fucking idiot.

Travenier Keirnan, Forrester, Waghorn,Halliday, Holt, need shown the door in the summer, Wallace , Garner and a few others are playing for the futures and 2 or 3 of them could also leave , that is the stark reality with 2'pensioners Miller and Hill and 2 loanes who go back.

Fans are kidding themselves on about the state we are in, this nice tippy tappy shite does not work, play that in the oppositions half not our own , get rid of the system as it is not working, get back to a tradional 4-4-2 with MacKay or Miller as attacking midfielder amd Garner and Doodo up front . ( What does Doodo need to do for a start), we needed a big 6ft2 centre forward we got Garner 5 ft 7 yes he is good in the air but we needed better, someone to hold the ball up etc and 2 centre halfs we got Hill who has shown the rest up and Sendros and We got Barton on a free and a Krajcer not even anywhere near fit.

As I said you get what you pay for, but on a bright note Dave has spent £18million on the stadium but can't clean it ? 

That's a very good post mate. You make some excellent points. But you are more or less saying we have to get rid of almost a whole team in the summer! I just hope that monies are available to make the kind of changes you are alluding to, and that's what worries me tbh - especially when most of the players in our squad are probably on good lucrative contracts that have got a few seasons to run!! ):

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys like murty and warburton step out of academy football ,with their 4 3 3 and great ideas,then it gets to the real thing,and the opposition know exactly the tactics,or someone is too fast or streetwise or just a better player,and that's their tactics fucked,and they don't have a plan b for that,but they must stick rigidly to their so called philosophy, guys like Walter or Ferguson would laugh at them

25 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

One word

Useless

He's been hung out to dry mate by a board trying to save a wage for an interim manager. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but if Waghorn scores when he's through one-on-one with the keeper, or Kiernan defends properly for their second, then we might not be even having this discussion. In saying all that, he didn't do himself any favours at all last night, by putting on a striker with seconds to go - a tactic only used by managers at the end to run down the frigging clock!

37 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Guys like murty and warburton step out of academy football ,with their 4 4 3 and great ideas,then it gets to the real thing,and the opposition know exactly the tactics,or someone is too fast or streetwise or just a better player,and that's their tactics fucked,and they don't have a plan b for that,but they must stick rigidly to their so called philosophy, guys like Walter or Ferguson would laugh at them

4-4-3 now that's the way forward!! 

15 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

He's been hung out to dry there's many people to blame but Murty isn't one 

Having seen how bad he is with the first team I would question whether he should even remain with the youths.   I repeat that he could and should have said NO.  He isn't a child.  I will say that he should not have been offered the task in the first place but as he was it should only have been for one game.   The board have royally mucked up.  

19 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Pair of you fuck off - the guy is just a caretaker. He's doing somebody else's job. He didn't ask for it, didn't want it, but stepped up to the mark.

You two just fuck off

Murty isn't a child and if he didn't want the job he should have said NO.  He is clueless.   

Just now, JCDBigBear said:

Murty isn't a child and if he didn't want the job he should have said NO.  He is clueless.   

He, like most of us was probably under the impression it would be for one game. He has been left to it by an incompetent Board and is an easy target when its, clearly, not what his strengths are.

Your comment is the thing that is clueless.

1 minute ago, RFC Eagle said:

He, like most of us was probably under the impression it would be for one game. He has been left to it by an incompetent Board and is an easy target when its, clearly, not what his strengths are.

Your comment is the thing that is clueless.

You don't know what duration he was told.  The guy is clueless.  He should not have been offered the task and if he didn't want it he should not have taken it.  Explain why my comment about Murty's inability is clueless.

10 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Having seen how bad he is with the first team I would question whether he should even remain with the youths.   I repeat that he could and should have said NO.  He isn't a child.  I will say that he should not have been offered the task in the first place but as he was it should only have been for one game.   The board have royally mucked up.  

Mate it's Kenny McDowall all over but I can't blame him end of the day he's a youth coach 

10 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

You don't know what duration he was told.  The guy is clueless.  He should not have been offered the task and if he didn't want it he should not have taken it.  Explain why my comment about Murty's inability is clueless.

So what does he say ? The guys in a no win situation

21 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Mate it's Kenny McDowall all over but I can't blame him end of the day he's a youth coach 

So what does he say ? The guys in a no win situation

I disagree my friend, he is an adult and if he wasn't comfortable with the task even temporarily he should have said so.   I just don't accept he was in a no win situation.  If he said no thanks he would not be sacked for that.  It is clearly beyond him and having seen him with the big boys I have to say I'm now worried that he takes the youths.  

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, JCDBigBear said:

I disagree my friend, he is an adult and if he wasn't comfortable with the task even temporarily he should have said so.   I just don't accept he was in a no win situation.  If he said no thanks he would not be sacked for that.  It is clearly beyond him and having seen him with the big boys I have to say I'm now worried that he takes the youths.  

Who would have taken the team if he hadn't?

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

Who would have taken the team if he hadn't?

Frankly, I have no idea.  What I would expect would be for the board to have someone in mind.  I can understand Murty being given the first game against Morton but that would be it as far as I am concerned.   Murty has no experience whatsoever.

• 2 weeks later...

Tactics, level of aggression and the way the team set up was spot on today. He deserves massive credit for getting the players going again. We look to have fight in us since the win vs St Johnstone. He'll probably get a managers post on the back of this a fair play to him if he does. We deserved to win that today, the boos at FT was like music to my ears