Re: Res 11 Failure Not McCoist's Fault

Smile

Ally McCoist has defended himself over his failure to vote in an important resolution at last year's Rangers agm.

The former Ibrox boss stressed he was not to blame for costing the Ibrox board the chance to offer new shares without first offering them to existing shareholders, including controversial Sports Direct supremo Mike Ashley.

McCoist also suggested that the fact his failure to vote on Resolution 11 at November's meeting was leaked to the public was a deliberate attempt to turn fans against him.

Rangers revealed that Resolution 11 was only 0.4 per cent short of the 75 per cent backing it required.

Ally McCoist promotes the launch of the Ladbrokes Football show
McCoist, who has a 1.25 per cent shareholding in the club, said: "I was one of the 25 per cent who never voted as I was out of the country and a lot more high-profile people at Rangers, people who are close to my heart, also never voted.

"Out of the 75 per cent who voted, 26 per cent voted against resolution 11.

"When Dave King (chairman) and the board were getting voted in (2015) I turned up at Ibrox to vote for that board, strongly against the advice of my lawyer who, believe it or not, wouldn't talk to me for 10 days.

"But I felt it was the right thing to do.

"What I do with my vote is private so clearly it was leaked by somebody and I have a fair idea who it is.

READ MORE
Ally McCoist slams Rangers director of football plan and says it's 'absolute garbage' to think it will solve their problems

The resolution failed at November's agm
"It was an attempt to get the fans turned against me which certainly has not been the case as a lot of people saw through it.

"I support the board. Absolutely. I appreciate how difficult a job the board have got and I know the board will be doing their best for Rangers. All I would say is that I just hope they can find investment.

"I remain a supporter of the club and the board and I just hope the board can find the investment to help the next manager."

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

Ally McCoist has defended himself over his failure to vote in an important resolution at last year's Rangers agm.

The former Ibrox boss stressed he was not to blame for costing the Ibrox board the chance to offer new shares without first offering them to existing shareholders, including controversial Sports Direct supremo Mike Ashley.

McCoist also suggested that the fact his failure to vote on Resolution 11 at November's meeting was leaked to the public was a deliberate attempt to turn fans against him.

Rangers revealed that Resolution 11 was only 0.4 per cent short of the 75 per cent backing it required.

McCoist, who has a 1.25 per cent shareholding in the club, said: "I was one of the 25 per cent who never voted as I was out of the country and a lot more high-profile people at Rangers, people who are close to my heart, also never voted.

"When Dave King (chairman) and the board were getting voted in (2015) I turned up at Ibrox to vote for that board, strongly against the advice of my lawyer who, believe it or not, wouldn't talk to me for 10 days.

"What I do with my vote is private so clearly it was leaked by somebody and I have a fair idea who it is.

READ MORE
Ally McCoist slams Rangers director of football plan and says it's 'absolute garbage' to think it will solve their problems

"It was an attempt to get the fans turned against me which certainly has not been the case as a lot of people saw through it.

"I support the board. Absolutely. I appreciate how difficult a job the board have got and I know the board will be doing their best for Rangers. All I would say is that I just hope they can find investment.

"I remain a supporter of the club and the board and I just hope the board can find the investment to help the next manager."

Moaning about a leak ?

13 minutes ago, Smile said:

READ MORE

Never looked at his contract when he signed it

was out the country for res 11 vote

fell out with his lawyer

Other  people "close to my heart" he knows didn't vote for it

so everyone is clear he is DEFINATELY Not to blame for any of it! Wisny me wisny me...... Ally that's embarrassing pish again. Ffs.

He was out the country on holiday no doubt.  Spending all that money got for being on Gardening Leave.  The greedy, incompetent, deluded, self-server deserved nothing but wouldn't leave until he had taken every penny he could from this club.  The guy has burned all his bridges and I for one hope he never steps foot in Ibrox again.

29 minutes ago, Smile said:

No Sally, you managed that yourself.

Now fuck off back under whatever rock you slithered out from.

What more can you say about this fuckin parasite.tell the fuckin truth ally ,you simply were not prepared to see your shareholding diluted.shares you got for next to fuck all to perpetrate the scenario that Green &eco were the bees knees.go back to making a cunt of yourself on tele you fuckin chancer

"It's not my fault once you ignore the fact that filling out a short form would have stopped it happening"

The fans don't hate you for the vote, Ally. We hate you for how you accumulated that 1.25%, and how much else you accumulated whilst sitting on your arse.

Aw away and have a word with yourself mccoist ffs. The guy is an idiot and has ruined his rangers legend status as far as I'm concerned. Grew up idolising him but can't stand the sight or sound of him now. 

I have no idea who did/did not vote....but that quote has left me wondering if Walter Smith didn't vote, and this is a side-swipe at him after his comment (about being crap at choosing managers) at the weekend? Bit of a rift between the two?

Up to him how he votes. Can see plenty of reasons why someone would object to giving the board full power to dilute their holdings. It's not like the board were out campaigning or giving assurances that they weren't going to just issue the shares to themselves.

They already had power to issue shares, they just had to come to the shareholders first.

Most of all, I agree with him that leaking it was a disgrace.

That's without getting into the rights or wrongs of him even having the shares or the amount he gained from the club.