Pedros Local Assistant

bluchoo

33 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

It's just a role where the manager wants someone who knows the club and culture to come in and be there if he needs him.

They way folk are going on it's like Barry would be coming in, taking training...changing the meal plans and firing out bottles of aftershock to the boys after training.

It's a small role nothing more. Calm doon 

I thought he would be part of the coaching team (no 3), but if you are right it seems more like a part time position and will have no influence over the players then I suppose it does not matter who gets it. Surely someone like Eck would be a better choice if it is just an advisory thing.

I am much calmer now, especially after laughing at the bold part above.   :lol:

2 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I thought he would be part of the coaching team (no 3), but if you are right it seems more like a part time position and will have no influence over the players then I suppose it does not matter who gets it. Surely someone like Eck would be a better choice if it is just an advisory thing.

I am much calmer now, especially after laughing at the bold part above.   :lol:

He will be part of the team but he has several people ahead of him in terms of position so it's not like he's going to be in charge of anything vital.

If Barry came in and worst case scenario he acted up he'd be punted arse first out the door. 

If he values a future in coaching and in football he will come in and do the job asked of him and not much else. 

3 minutes ago, Zulu said:

He wasnt too keen when PC was appointed why would he want to work with him now is it a case of getting his feet under the table

Like half the forum we expected a bigger name, all he did was give his opinion. 

Folk are bizarre on here, think Ferguson is coming in to plot some master plan to rule Ibrox once and for all :lol: 

FFs the way people go on is as if they have never made mistakes in life/career, learned from it and moved on. Barry is no different.

All the shite thats gone before regarding Fergie wont rear its head again hopefully, and if it does he will only be fucking himself up cos he will be booted out the club because i cant see Pedro putting up with any shite from his staff.

Go on Barry lad get in about us, show yer teeth.

32 minutes ago, He's blue he's white said:

What sort of salary would this post attract do folk think?

You would obviously have to consider the timing of it and the current economic conditions. Scottish Football is hardly booming, and whilst we are currently the second strongest side in terms of finances, the levels of such finance are the lowest they've been in a long while. Furthermore, the post is the "3rd assistant" or something I've heard but the emphasis from Caixinha is about it being a local appointment who can advise him and his team on the club, the other clubs etc. If it was an entirely external appointment you could maybe say £2-3k per week. However, with it being Barry (as rumoured) you'd like to think it would be the lower end of that spectrum given he is a "Rangers man" and all that. You would also need to consider the Manager and his assistant's wage, because it should be definitely less than their's. 

Its not a Director of Football role, or a head of coaching role, so it shouldn't be a highly paid position imo. However, at Rangers nothing seems cheap so I just hope Barry does the honourable thing. 

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

Like half the forum we expected a bigger name, all he did was give his opinion. 

Folk are bizarre on here, think Ferguson is coming in to plot some master plan to rule Ibrox once and for all :lol: 

Hes no that clever

2 hours ago, The Godfather said:

He will be part of the team but he has several people ahead of him in terms of position so it's not like he's going to be in charge of anything vital.

If Barry came in and worst case scenario he acted up he'd be punted arse first out the door. 

If he values a future in coaching and in football he will come in and do the job asked of him and not much else. 

This 100%. With the way some people are reacting it's as if he is going to be joint manager.

Due to the role he would be filling, it's low risk. Unfortunately some fans just don't like him (something I find impossible to relate to) and that's the way they will always see it.

41 minutes ago, OhW said:

It's a non-point though. You could just as easily say "Hasn't coped well with French managers". Basically, you can't say there's a pattern if you only have one example. 

Incidentally, I'm glad Barry undermined PLG. 

Aye but he also hasn't coped well with managers who's names begin with P either!

If PC utilises his skills learned from his university days ... sports psychology ..... he should be able to figure out what it requires to get any player onside who needs that influence.

He will, presumably, not allow any form of dissent from any player or coach to adversely affect the team's performances or moral (he has said so himself) .... I think he has the ability to recognise early on when something or someone is not pulling their weight ... and will address the potential negative element as and when required .... psychology degree or not, I would expect that to be a minimum requirement from anyone ..... even if SAF was our manager.

That is the main reason I believe we don't need this position ..... if the manager can't get the players motivated to perform then he is the one not fit for purpose ..... and every manager, coach and player who comes to Rangers should know exactly what it means to go out and give 100% in every game .... motivation should be the least of our worries if the management staff and the team have the qualities required for success.

I have no problem or axe to grind against anyone who eventually fills the post .... I just think it is a post we do not require .... and basically feel ..... why have a dog and bark yourself? 

:UK:

1 hour ago, OhW said:

Of course, how did I manage to miss that? So it turns out Barry doesn't have a 100% record of not coping well with foreign mangers @Cam1872

Fair play..

I hope he works out, i tried to give a balanced view based on how i see it.

If I was choosing I am still not sure hee would have been top of the list.

6 hours ago, robg58 said:

This is a good shout actually I've always thought he has a bit of dignity about him he is articulate and he is definitely bitten by the famous  

Quite the opposite to John Brown, as sad as that is to say