Pedros Local Assistant

bluchoo

Instead of Lovenkrands, someone like Jonatan Johansson would be a better bet he has been coaching in Scotland with Morton and Motherwell in the last few years and is currently assistant for the Finnish national team.

23 hours ago, Boaby Bear said:

FFs the way people go on is as if they have never made mistakes in life/career, learned from it and moved on. Barry is no different.

All the shite thats gone before regarding Fergie wont rear its head again hopefully, and if it does he will only be fucking himself up cos he will be booted out the club because i cant see Pedro putting up with any shite from his staff.

Go on Barry lad get in about us, show yer teeth.

See the thing is if you look back at history Barry never seems to learn from any of his mistakes. 

So why take the chance in the first place. 

I thought the idea of a "local" being employed by Pedro was just to liaise with him about Scottish fitba, traditions, history and the like. Someone who knows the Club, knows the history of what went on here, who the bad guys are etc..? How to get his points across and all that..? 

I didn't think it had anything to do with coaching. 

You do realise this assistant is to assist on the demands of Scottish football? I doubt they'll be involved to heavily on the tactical side of things as the boss already has his own assistants for that role.   Looks to me he wants a motivator who has Scottish football background.  In any case I think fergusons attitude could undermine the manager. 

2 hours ago, William McBeath said:

Lovenkrands has no authority about him whatsoever and probably doesn't even get listened to properly in his own house :lol:

Good lad but a terrible idea.

The only person we want with true authority is Pedro, he's the gaffer. Much rather have a professional enthusiastic coach that doesn't have much authority than a Barry ferguson type coach - unprofessional, egotistical, and moany. Can easily imagine Ferguson undermining Pedro, certainly not with lovenkrands.

1 hour ago, JR said:

I thought the idea of a "local" being employed by Pedro was just to liaise with him about Scottish fitba, traditions, history and the like. Someone who knows the Club, knows the history of what went on here, who the bad guys are etc..? How to get his points across and all that..? 

I didn't think it had anything to do with coaching. 

I did think he also needed to have some experience at coaching though, as what else will he be doing then? "talking" all the time to Pedro about Rangers.... hell I'm up for that job....I would make him do the founders trail everyday before work then fuck off and watch the lads train - sitting with a few prawn sandwiches and my brown brogues on...

:dance:

52 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

You do realise this assistant is to assist on the demands of Scottish football? I doubt they'll be involved to heavily on the tactical side of things as the boss already has his own assistants for that role.   Looks to me he wants a motivator who has Scottish football background.  In any case I think fergusons attitude could undermine the manager. 

Think you've summed up well what we're looking for,  the only name mentioned so far I think is suited to it is Jig. Think he would know where the line was and wouldn't cross it. 

1 minute ago, OhW said:

Out of those three I'd have to go

1. Barry

2. Lovenkrands

3. Bomber

Brown obviously has lots of history with the Club but he seems a bit old and mental now.

If it's the route Pedro wants to go down then what about ... McCann or Numan (the Dutch B-side role is part time and could combine both easily)

I know being sensible and talking a good game (in reference to Numan and McCann) doesn't equate to a good coach but none of they 3 are good coaches, they are terrible ones (well Brown and Ferguson at least - Lovenkrands just doesn't seem the type either)

Those wanting Ferguson - why?

He's a rangers man? Plenty better rangers men to choose from.

He's managed/he's a good coach? There's only evidence he's not a good coach, and hasn't done well in management.

It's just cause you fell in love with Ferguson the player/captain isn't it?

What a load of shite.