Caixinha Continues Match Preparations

dogtanian

Guest Lloyd72
9 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Noticed in the drone shots of the training game both sides were a straight 4-4-2. Heard this is his preferred formation. Hopefully the end of this 4-3-3 shite.

:crywank:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Just me who feels a bit meh about these?

We always talk about how YouTube clips can make anybody look good - well to these vidoes are exactly the same.

I'll wait and see what happens on the park before I start talking about how much better the training is now when in reality I have no idea how good or bad it was under Warburton and before I start getting all hyped up over some carefully edited vidoes released by the club.

It is total propaganda and you're right he could just be following Warburtons training regime from a notepad he found in the drawer. Have we ever done this before with a new manager? Part of me thinks it is the board justifying the appointment.. One thing though is that he is definetly confident in his ability as you would think a less confident manager would spend the first few days at least just observing. As you say though it only matters what they do on Saturday.

2 minutes ago, Misteral said:

Don't see many posters talking up the training or getting hyped up. More just comments on the videos, players coaches etc.  Honestly, cheer up, FFS :happy:

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do at the club but after the way we all embraced Warburton so quickly, only to be let down, I'm going to be a bit more cautiously optimistic this time around :)

Just now, DBBTB said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do at the club but after the way we all embraced Warburton so quickly, only to be let down, I'm going to be a bit more cautiously optimistic this time around :)

Don't blame you, me as well.

In fact, I hope we all are. :happy:

Guest Lloyd72

No one on here is getting ahead of themselves over 9 minutes worth of training videos, I think what most of us are trying to put across is that in those 9 minutes it became very clear that he is a far better manager than Diego Simeone and that Guardiola wishes he had as much hair as oor Pedro

I think he's going to change it up with us getting the ball moved quicker to the strikers with less passing from side to side for no reason other than good possession stats.

Players closing down opposition players quicker seems another thing that you see from the video.

Guest Lloyd72
4 minutes ago, Smile said:

I think he's going to change it up with us getting the ball moved quicker to the strikers with less passing from side to side for no reason other than good possession stats.

Players closing down opposition players quicker seems another thing that you see from the video.

He had them doing shooting drills yesterday but instead of just normal ones he had defenders try to run from behind the goal and block the shots it looks like his main philosophy is to make us hard to beat and go from there.

22 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Looks like he's putting a high emphasis on applying more pressure on the opponents when we don't have the ball 

We did do that at times under MW... when we did it, we were much better. When we didnt...we tended to be pish. Hopefully Pedro will not tolerate us going slack.

1 hour ago, Broxi said:

Looks like he's putting a high emphasis on applying more pressure on the opponents when we don't have the ball 

Something we have never really done in all my time (46 years) of watching us.

Used to do my head in, watching us retreat thus allowing both time and space for the opposition to attack us.

Even our more successful teams relied far too much on the goalkeepers rather than playing a pressing game 

Think it's great to see him heavily involved in the sessions. 

Looks like he isn't wanting them to hold the too long, tap.............tap............go...... To tap, tap, go.

Increased work rate and closing down quickly. Hope this translates to the pitch.