Semi final ballot details

1 minute ago, mearns loyal said:

It's a fuckin bargain when you break it down...

I think you'd have to be in toe with a good agent to sell-on a lot of the events you won't make as you aren't going to get 15 people wanting to go to all 400 events but it's a good deal for the Garden racking in easy millions upfront and a good deal if your a decent sized company, businessman or rich with a lot of pals

31 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

As explained it's people with debenture seats at Hampden any fans touting their tickets will more than likely end up on E-Bay and sell for fake bids in the thousands. 

I know it's not exactly like-for-like but when I was doing a tour of Maddison Square Garden the host let us sit in a typical debenture box that can allow for 15 people in it. 

It costs almost 500 thousand dollars per-year for the box but he says there's almost 400 shows, sporting events (basketball, ice hockey, wrestling etc), concerts, rodeo shows, conventions per year .. the debenture box get's you 15 people in for all 400 shows if you wanted (admission covered), each of your party of 15 as much drink as they can drink via their private/personal waiter, a 4-course meal and souveniers of the event like the programmes, signed stuff etc ... or they can put 15 seats in the box up for sale if they want - they technically own 15 seats for a year. 

It got me thinking, if your a decent sized company and do the sums 500k between 15 people for the 400 shows it works out (I think) 830 dollars per person per show individually for that level of service and entertainment and you could probably claim most of it back as a business expense for entertaining clients as tax or something. 

Your right but there will still be some in our support who will exploit the option of a quick buck.

7 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Old man was talking to a guy in his work.

Due to some Scotland scheme he is on he is guaranteed a ticket for any football game at Hampden, which obviously includes this game. Crazy, what did we get 21k each and it holds like 52k? So 10k to Hampden corporate? Joke. 

What scheme is this? Never heard of that before 

That will be the Hampden debenture, when you bought one you were guaranteed the right to buy a ticket for your seat. Only about 6000 were sold this way and lasted 20 years so they are about to expire in the next year or so. It was to help refurb Hampden around 98/99. Thought they only included finals though.

2 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Old man was talking to a guy in his work.

Due to some Scotland scheme he is on he is guaranteed a ticket for any football game at Hampden, which obviously includes this game. Crazy, what did we get 21k each and it holds like 52k? So 10k to Hampden corporate? Joke. 

Also the assosciation's teams i.e every team in Scotland get's a ticket allocation. I think it's two.

One of the Hampden games against the tarriers in recent years there the Dumbarton FC caterer got the two tickets - one for him and his son.

Both Bluenoses and nice guys so no complaints about them or anything but this happens at every club and a lot of the clubs will be the fat cat's directors having a wee jolly

On 31/03/2017 at 11:33 PM, pollok-bear said:

A score pending on my acct I ain't sat behind the goals since the 3-2 final lovenkrands. Every other taig game I have been north stand. 

Could be next to, them, mate...that's where me and my bro where last time we were on the £20 seats.  That's the North stand right?