Semi final ballot details

2 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

Go for an online sale for all that qualify, wouldn't change the number that miss out but at least everyone that does qualify would be in with a shout.  There are plenty who get allocated a ticket in the ballot and can't go and end up passing the ticket on or worse still leaving an empty seat.   An online sale would deter those who can't really be arsed from trying to get a ticket so at the end of the sale it will be those that qualify and really want to go who will get the tickets.

Fuck that, people might not be able to get to the internet, the website would probably crash as well.

9 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Fuck that, people might not be able to get to the internet, the website would probably crash as well.

Works perfectly well for all the EPL teams, if someone can't be arsed to log on and take their chance then it is their loss.  

7 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

Works perfectly well for all the EPL teams, if someone can't be arsed to log on and take their chance then it is their loss.  

So, if someone hasn't got the time at a particular moment then it's their loss, bullshit.

EPL teams get a lot more tickets because of the size of Wembley, not even comparable.

21 hours ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Nonsense the fact they were at the height of summer and most people were away on holiday.

Im not paying £70 for games I know I can't make just so I can potentially get into a 'priority' ballot.

Then u still dont deserve one over someone who has paid for a ticket for every game

30 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

As I thought lots of moaning, nit picking etc etc - well it's done. 

So for everyone who didn't get a ticket you now know what to do next season if you want to stand a chance of going to semi and cup finals. Buy your ST nice and early, subscribe to every home game, again nice and early and then don't lapse or cancel any home cup tie. 

If you don't or can't do the above, for whatever reason, then form an orderly queue behind those who can and shut the fuck up. 

I done all of the above ,  no ticket. 

2 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

So for everyone who didn't get a ticket you now know what to do next season if you want to stand a chance of going to semi and cup finals. Buy your ST nice and early, subscribe to every home game, again nice and early and then don't lapse or cancel any home cup tie. 

If you don't or can't do the above, for whatever reason, then form an orderly queue behind those who can and shut the fuck up. 

That middle part is ridiculous.

3 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Yep.

49 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Why? It's the only way to guarantee you have a chance at getting into the ballot.  That's how it's ALWAYS worked, you need to have purchased ALL cup games at home, it's always been pretty clear to me.  Miss some you're out!

This year was slightly unique because we were faced with that group stage shite but it was the same in the lower divisions where we had cup games in July for a few years also.

The benefit for next year will be that we have European games so therefore we will not be involved in the Group stages of the League Cup, won't enter it until the later stages due to league position (seeding) and therefore the first home cup game should take longer to get to.

In theory next season supporters should have an easier time in qualifying for the semi final/final ballots.

51 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Why is it ridiculous?

He's absolutely spot on and this is coming from someone who never ticked the box at the start of the season.

I knew then there was always the chance of this happening but I've accepted it.

5 minutes ago, JRodgA2k8 said:

Why? It's the only way to guarantee you have a chance at getting into the ballot.  That's how it's ALWAYS worked, you need to have purchased ALL cup games at home, it's always been pretty clear to me.  Miss some you're out!

This year was slightly unique because we were faced with that group stage shite but it was the same in the lower divisions where we had cup games in July for a few years also.

The benefit for next year will be that we have European games so therefore we will not be involved in the Group stages of the League Cup, won't enter it until the later stages due to league position (seeding) and therefore the first home cup game should take longer to get to.

In theory next season supporters should have an easier time in qualifying for the semi final/final ballots.

Mate, I've got nothing wrong with the ballot, it's fair, I was lucky, well unlucky, in the league cup semi. The way I read that post was he was saying you were guaranteed a ticket through that method, which isn't true.

4 minutes ago, Alec87 said:

Why is it ridiculous?

He's absolutely spot on and this is coming from someone who never ticked the box at the start of the season.

I knew then there was always the chance of this happening but I've accepted it.

I may have read it wrong, but it looks like he's saying you're guaranteed a ticket if you go to all cup games and tick the box. 

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Mate, I've got nothing wrong with the ballot, it's fair, I was lucky, well unlucky, in the league cup semi. The way I read that post was he was saying you were guaranteed a ticket through that method, which isn't true.

I never took that from what he said though, he basically said you go to the back of the queue so you'll maybe get the chance but you aren't guaranteed the chance for a ticket.

As I've said above though, based on European involvement, this should be less of an issue.  Unless of course you need to have attended all European and Cup home games to qualify :lol: I think that actually used to be the case so we could have this repeat itself over again next season. 

Been all the cup games and ticked all the boxes for the last few seasons, if I didn't get a ticket I would be raging. So anyone in that boat has every right to be pissed off. 

May be time to take into account just how long you've been on CCCS the longer the better the chance. 

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I may have read it wrong, but it looks like he's saying you're guaranteed a ticket if you go to all cup games and tick the box. 

Hes wrong then because i and many others ticked the box, paid for, and attended every game and didn't get a ticket. 

8 minutes ago, JRodgA2k8 said:

I never took that from what he said though, he basically said you go to the back of the queue so you'll maybe get the chance but you aren't guaranteed the chance for a ticket.

As I've said above though, based on European involvement, this should be less of an issue.  Unless of course you need to have attended all European and Cup home games to qualify :lol: I think that actually used to be the case so we could have this repeat itself over again next season. 

I've most likely  read it wrong?, ignore me man.