The Scottish Premiership players with contracts running out in the summer

Smile

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This league is the poorest in terms of talent I can remember.

If we have no money (a few million is no money by today's standards) to spend I would look to experienced players to loan (players that have fallen from the first team squad but who have a better playing history than those in this league and our first team), free's from continental Europe, small purchases from the US, African continent, Asia etc.

Jack's a good player who has basically achieved all he can at Aberdeen and needs a change and if Pedro does like to play with two solid centre midfield players I think he could do a job in there for us. Nicholson would be a good signing and I think Struna is worth keeping an eye on because he's apparently impressed since he came into the Hearts side in Paterson's place. Paterson is decent too but he's coming back from a bad injury and it would be a huge risk.

Outwith those four its pretty slim pickings really.

There's a few promising players there, but end of the day I'll go with the gaffer's judgement and see where it takes us. 

Ryan Jack would be a good signing. He's certainly a much better player than Halliday. 

Patterson would be a no brainer if he hadn't picked up that injury. He looked a real prospect before that.I'd probably still approach him and offer him a year long contract similar in value to whatever he's on a Hearts, but with an option to increase and extend it if he plays a set number of games. 

12 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

To be better than these guys we can't sign their cast offs.  Our standards have fallen fucking well short if we're interested in any of those footballers.

Absolute nonsense. We've signed plenty of players from teams in our league that have went on to be successful with us. Of course we should be looking further afield as well, but if there's talent close to home we should definitely be trying to sign them up. 

12 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

I don't know why everyone is saying Paterson. He's fucking shite.

Tavernier is a far better player. He just needs to work on his consistency. Half of Tav's problems have been positional but part of that can be attributed to the previous manager's style. Let's see how he does under the new manager.

Nah Tav just has no positional sense. No awareness of where he's supposed to be at all. 

Coach him all you like, he'll never learn that.

5 minutes ago, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

Absolute nonsense. We've signed plenty of players from teams in our league that have went on to be successful with us. Of course we should be looking further afield as well, but if there's talent close to home we should definitely be trying to sign them up. 

Aye , but we usually pay for them as they're the better players in their respective teams.

This list is just the shite that no one wants.

45 minutes ago, bgally said:

Aye , but we usually pay for them as they're the better players in their respective teams.

This list is just the shite that no one wants.

More nonsense.

Ryan Jack is Aberdeen's captain. 

Patterson was on the verge of moving to England for £1m plus if he hadn't gotten injured. 

Picking up these players on a free would be an improvement on what we have in those positions  and would be a good GIRUY to Hearts and the sheep.