Tax fraud raids

1 minute ago, Falkirk bear said:

That would be in a perfect world but as we all know we don't.

Depends very much on who is doing the raiding and all it takes is some "decent" evidence to be sent their way. Pity mcafferty wasn't their accountant as he appears to be singing now if the latest 2 arrest are anything to go by.

I'm worried about the verdict of our own case Hmrc suddenly start raiding clubs.somethings not right

Chelsea the latest Premier League club contacted by HMRC after West Ham and Newcastle raided in tax fraud probe

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3418980/chelsea-contacted-by-hmrc-tax-fraud/

Taking into consideration that a result in our case must be imminent, is there anything we could read into the timing of their new targets?

Probably I'm looking too far into it but could they be expecting to lose the Rangers case so offsetting the bad news with new objectives. 

3 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Taking into consideration that a result in our case must be imminent, is there anything we could read into the timing of their new targets?

Probably I'm looking too far into it but could they be expecting to lose the Rangers case so offsetting the bad news with new objectives. 

I said as much in the other thread, Ours was the test case I wondered if HMRC had been given leave to chase other clubs before the announcement. plus UK government is in the final stages of finalising the Criminal Finances Bill, set to come into force this year

I'm worried 

2 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I said as much in the other thread, Ours was the test case I wondered if HMRC had been given leave to chase other clubs before the announcement. plus UK government is in the final stages of finalising the Criminal Finances Bill, set to come into force this year

yes thats what I was wondering too. Hopefully there expecting a bad announcement, so getting involved in a completely different tax scheme to try to deflect that they fucked up with their Rangers witch hunt.

Newcastle United and West Ham United's grounds have been raided in a fraud investigation, resulting in several arrests.
HMRC said it deployed 180 officers across the UK and France, and several men working within professional football had been held.
It searched premises in the north east and south east of England.
The BBC understands the suspected income tax and National Insurance fraud amounts to £5m.
Football's tense history with HMRC
Business records, financial records, computers and mobile phones were also been seized in the raids. 
West Ham United said in a statement the club was "co-operating fully with HMRC to assist their inquiries."

In a statement, HMRC said it had arrested "several men working within the professional football industry for a suspected income tax and national insurance fraud".
"180 HMRC officers have been deployed across the UK and France today," the statement added.
"Investigators have searched a number of premises in the north east and south east of England and arrested the men and also seized business records, financial records, computers and mobile phones.
"The French authorities are assisting the UK investigation, have made arrests and several locations have been searched in France.
"This criminal investigation sends a clear message that, whoever you are, if you commit tax fraud you can expect to face the consequences.
"As this is an ongoing investigation, HMRC is unable to provide any further detail at this time."

Newcastle were promoted to the Premier League on Monday, just 348 days after relegation.
HMRC raided West Ham's offices at the London Olympic Stadium where the club moved in August, having played at Upton Park since 1904.
In January, a Parliamentary Committee revealed 43 players, 12 clubs and eight agents were the subject of "open inquiries" by HMRC. 
The Public Accounts Committee highlighted particular concerns about tax evasion in the football industry and the "misuse" of image rights to reduce tax liabilities.

Remember when clowns up here were saying us using ten a penny tax schemes was perhaps the biggest scandal to ever take place in sport. Bastards.

Even if people have been murdered elsewhere you can bet your arse none will even be docked points let alone be demoted.

Its time someone in the media came out and said the Rangers support and the likes of Walter Smith were right, we subjected Rangers to a brutal witch hunt over something that is common in all high wage industries. Something, moreover, that is to do with the nature of our economic system and certainly not the jurisdiction of jumped up football bodies like the SPL or SFA.

I obviously won't be holding my breath but my hatred of the circus that is Scottish football is only increased by developments like this. Watch the English sort out amicable deals all round. They lack the jealous bitterness and know better than to ruin their game over common strokes like tax avoidance. 

4 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

Remember when clowns up here were saying us using ten a penny tax schemes was perhaps the biggest scandal to ever take place in sport. Bastards.

Even if people have been murdered elsewhere you can bet your arse none will even be docked points let alone be demoted.

Its time someone in the media came out and said the Rangers support and the likes of Walter Smith were right, we subjected Rangers to a brutal witch hunt over something that is common in all high wage industries.

I obviously won't be holding my breath but my hatred of the circus that is Scottish football is only increased by developments like this. Watch the English sort out amicable deals all round. They lack the jealous bitterness and know better than to ruin their game over common strokes like tax avoidance. 

Good post mate 

You can bet your bottom dollar that the approach will be totally different in the press and media down in England than it was up here for us mate.

Agendas-Are-Us is probably being considered as the new media motto .... no doubt picked up from the late SPL .... :p:

:UK:

33 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Did ra poops not have image rights deals with ki and nakamura? 

The HMRC told Parliament’s Public Accounts Committee in December that they had “open” investigations into 43 players, 12 clubs and eight agents for abuse of image rights.

HMRC better hurry up before the child abuse scandal shuts them down.

2 hours ago, Howsitgoing said:

yes thats what I was wondering too. Hopefully there expecting a bad announcement, so getting involved in a completely different tax scheme to try to deflect that they fucked up with their Rangers witch hunt.

If this does indeed turn out to be related to ours then I think it is a sign we have won it. There have been arrests etc at newcastle. This does not sound like tax avoidance. If related to us then likely they know they have lost it and deflection attempts are in progress.