Blame Warburton and the players, not Pedro!

27 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Not blaming him for the players on the park...Waghorn missing sitters every week, Beerman with a crazy tackle & Foderingham having a poor few games (that's just the last week or so)

What he does get 100% of the blame for is not learning after last Sunday

He watched the same match as everybody else and must've known we needed to be more defensively sound....instead we open up like a hookers legs and get embarrassed at home off they cunts

That's unforgivable.

I agree with a lot of your points mate, but we just don't have any good defensive type midfielders at all in our squad and have been found wanting. We shuffle the pack around on a weekly basis, to more or less the same end result. We lost the midfield battle in both games; all of our midfielders are very similar, and trying to mould Halliday into very good defensive midfielder, has been like trying to square a circle. That's why I am at least cutting Pedro some slack until he gets some of his own players in, and clears out all the dross in the summer.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Pedro should get time to make signings and build a team, however if MW was so tactically naive then you would expect a good coach could come in and improve performances...has that happened?

The problem we see now is they seem to not be able to even make three or four passes under Warburton we were very poor defensively and powderpuff upfront but we could keep the ball a lot better.

Sick of this the manager needs his own players blah blah blah so if that's case he's aloud to get beat every game till next season? He picked team last week made a cunt of it like the players changes the formation about 6 times in that game ok holds his hand up. Then does it again yesterday am sorry but manger is to blame for this also

8 minutes ago, Truth_is_out_there said:

I agree with a lot of your points mate, but we just don't have any good defensive type midfielders at all in our squad and have been found wanting. We shuffle the pack around on a weekly basis, to more or less the same end result. We lost the midfield battle in both games; all of our midfielders are very similar, and trying to mould Halliday into very good defensive midfielder, has been like trying to square a circle. That's why I am at least cutting Pedro some slack until he gets some of his own players in, and clears out all the dross in the summer.

He gets some slack mate as you said, it's not his squad

Doesn't take a genius to know that we should've just packed the midfield and defence yesterday and hit them on the counter

We played to their strengths and got embarrassed

If what had happened yesterday was what had happened in last week's match id have more sympathy for him, it's the not learning anything from last week's match which has annoyed me

1 hour ago, NeoGeo7 said:

If we'd have appointed de boer and got humiliated would people be calling for him to go?

De Boer (like I said in another thread) wanted to manage a team once the season was over probably for this exact reason. Some managers can come in and get a reaction but I think the players have to be good enough but just lost their way. Our lot simply aren't good enough and I doubt even Walter could get much out of them, we'll never know for sure but you can't judge Pedro fully until he can sign his own players.

Some will never warm to him even if he comes good.

De Boer has a visible history, including some experience of what it's like to be at Rangers, which would have afforded him a bit of slack.

I think Pedro will have to do some amount of 'coming good' to erase the stench of yesterday from our collective memory.

That said, yesterday was testament to the absolute clusterfuck Warburton left us with. A gimmick who should never have  been anywhere near us.

A complete team of dud signings meant a whole 3 transfer windows have been totally wasted, leaving a full rebuild required, with very little cash available to put things right.

Pedro will need to acquire some magic hat to turn this around.

Amazing to think that a year ago Rangers played the scum off the park to get to the final, should have drawn and could have won the first home game against them this season, competed well drawing at Parkhead under Murty and the last two games looking like a poor primary school playground pick running about like headless chickens without a clue about football.

9 minutes ago, docspiderman said:

Amazing to think that a year ago Rangers played the scum off the park to get to the final, should have drawn and could have won the first home game against them this season, competed well drawing at Parkhead under Murty and the last two games looking like a poor primary school playground pick running about like headless chickens without a clue about football.

No, we really shouldn't have.

5 hours ago, Big Al II said:

Agree with this. We played much better under Warburton in nearly all games but were shit up front and did not make our possession and play count. If Barton, Rossiter, and Kranjcar had worked out results would have been much better but it's been the poor return from strikers that has been most notable this season. Our strikers have produced nothing. Outside of these injuries and lack of taking chances we'd have been well ahead of the rest in the league as we outplayed them all most of the time.

Warburton rightly takes the blame for some poor signings but he was unlucky in many ways and always going to be up against it because of finances. We were much better under him though and usually controlled matches and knew what we were trying to do. These last few weeks we have been awful outwith a small spell against Aberdeen. 

Hopefully Pedro does have a system that works with his own players. We look all over the place on the park though and devoid of a basic shape. So far he looks as if he's struggling badly compared to his predecessor.

Everyone is focusing on the games against the filth and it is true they have been well ahead of us this season with regards to both play and results but we have been much better against the rest in terms of dominating games. Poor finishing has usually been the problem. Now we have the likes of Kilmarnock and Motherwell disputing our right to be the side looking to control things.

I've never seen that so often from any Rangers side. It's got to be mostly to do with the manager unless the players have just given up which I doubt since they always want to impress a new boss. I just hope Pedro's system reveals itself some day soon or else we risk letting a man spend whatever money we have who has no ability tactically to set a team up in a way that can work in British football.

Maybe the Mexican and desert leagues are more open or something because we just seem to be all over the place. I think the former may also be a Mickey Mouse structure because I read he was able to win it through coming something like fifth. What sort of league system is that where a team can win by coming fifth? 

Hope I'm wrong because he has been around a long time as an assistant but I'm not seeing what in his record has made the Rangers board say this is our man. The likes of Hearts finishing 3rd and winning a cup would be a bigger achievement for me.

All I can think is they watched footage of his sides and were impressed by his ability to change his squad and still win in Mexico even though they didn't top the actual league stage. Huge gamble for me and one that is failing so far.

Warbs might have signed players who are not good enough that's fine.. however you can not tell me these same players can't follow simple intrustctions on the pitch. Can't play to a formation or tactic. 

Warbs didn't have them all fighting on the pitch shouting at each other like spoilt kids. 

10 hours ago, MisterBlueSky said:

Pedro has not signed a player yet.

As fans we want less than 5 players to stay from the squad of 25 odd

Pedro is picking up the pieces. He has been here for 5 or 6 weeks.

Some fans are using the result and anger by having a go. A lot of problems lie underneath even before MW arrived.

Want to blame someone- Ally wasted money and 3 years where we could have built a team. He bought shite and ruined us with wages. 

There is a lot in what you say certainly we could have built a team by making astute signings and bringing in a few decent players. Rather Ally went for SPL players who weren't very good but came because we paid well. It's not all down to Warburton but his signings were pretty poor too however he didn't have real cash and you get what you pay for. 

As for Pedro no Rangers manager can survive Saturday's humiliation similarly Warburton was toast after the cup final.  Rangers need leadership from the owners, cash invested in the team and the infrastructure and a top class manager. In our current state we'll go through a succession of managers until we get the right one. We could have more managers from Ally until say 2020 than in our previous history. Look down south to see what happens.

i wouldn't underestimate how bad this is and Saturday could be the first of many similar results.

6 minutes ago, bob1873 said:

There is a lot in what you say certainly we could have built a team by making astute signings and bringing in a few decent players. Rather Ally went for SPL players who weren't very good but came because we paid well. It's not all down to Warburton but his signings were pretty poor too however he didn't have real cash and you get what you pay for. 

As for Pedro no Rangers manager can survive Saturday's humiliation similarly Warburton was toast after the cup final.  Rangers need leadership from the owners, cash invested in the team and the infrastructure and a top class manager. In our current state we'll go through a succession of managers until we get the right one. We could have more managers from Ally until say 2020 than in our previous history. Look down south to see what happens.

i wouldn't underestimate how bad this is and Saturday could be the first of many similar results.

It's scary and a sickening thought.

No matter what people say, the tims have 5 times as much cash as us in the bank and have assets to sell on plus CL money. I really can't see us winning the league in the next decade. People say that's an exaggeration but what hope do we have?

We might win a one off game but we will never be consistent.

Celtic have had a good season. Next year they won't lose more than a couple of games if they continue to strengthen.

Sad times.

We don't have any strong holding midfield players and that's down to MW.

He did bring in Barton and Rossiter in the summer, but as they didn't work out, so he should of brought at least one in during the transfer window.

Instead he brought in Hyndman and Toral, good players but not defensively minded.

But Perdo got his tactics wrong, we tried to press the ball using 6 players but his left huge gaps which they exploited.

Pedro needs to learn very quickly from his mistakes. The set up of the team was awful. 

Right now we might as well have kept Warburton or Murty in place till the end of the season. PC has achieved none of the on field objectives set for him when coming in till the end of the season. 

50 minutes ago, MisterBlueSky said:

It's scary and a sickening thought.

No matter what people say, the tims have 5 times as much cash as us in the bank and have assets to sell on plus CL money. I really can't see us winning the league in the next decade. People say that's an exaggeration but what hope do we have?

We might win a one off game but we will never be consistent.

Celtic have had a good season. Next year they won't lose more than a couple of games if they continue to strengthen.

Sad times.

No guarantee they will make it to the group stages they only just about qualified by the skin of their teeth this season and have failed in two of the last 3 seasons.

As for the players they can sell anyone one of them could pick up a serious injury between now and the end of the season and be worthless to them.

All hypothetical at this point, also shemale might be offered a job in England again and jump ship.

The players are shite but they were (trying) to play to pedros tactics and they were a fucking disgrace.

from top to toe we are a fucking shambles and are going backwards, not forwards. Next season i fully expect a fight between us, hivs and the mutton molesters for second place, first is never going to happen.

Warburton never chose to leave Beerman and Tav against Sinclair and Roberts with no protection, Warburton isn't the one playing Waghorn every week and Warburton isn't the one getting it wrong on a weekly basis.

He was shite as are the payers but Pedro is getting it horribly wrong so far.

15 hours ago, MisterBlueSky said:

Pedro has not signed a player yet.

As fans we want less than 5 players to stay from the squad of 25 odd

Pedro is picking up the pieces. He has been here for 5 or 6 weeks.

Some fans are using the result and anger by having a go. A lot of problems lie underneath even before MW arrived.

Want to blame someone- Ally wasted money and 3 years where we could have built a team. He bought shite and ruined us with wages. 

Including his own wedge which is went a long way in crippling us may i add.

15 hours ago, WGOH said:

Why bring up Ally? That was 3 years ago? Not one player bar Wallace is in the squad who was a McCoist player. As much as I dislike McCoist to blame him for getting beat 5-1 at Ibrox by Celtic, 3 years and 4 fucking managers later is ridiculous 

He's bringing it up because it has been a domino effect from Ally onward.   Warburton may have been garbage but he also had to replace almost the whole team with no money.  Also remember during that time Ally was still getting paid on gardening leave, thus taking money that could have been spent on better players. That team was alright for the Championship but never good enough to win the premier league.  It is still to be seen if the board will pay to really strengthening the team now.  

Pedro needs his own players as the one's he's currently working with, don't fit the style he wants them to play, it's as simple as that really.

And Warburton knew how to get the best out of this crop of shit, we would not be as far off Aberdeen had he stayed and we wouldn't have lost 5-1 at Ibrox either.

It's a tough one. He made some poor decisions on Saturday, starting Beerman was a terrible call for instance.

Even if he got his tactics spot on though I don't believe these players are good enough to execute them and ultimately unless the tarriers have a poor game against us then we'll lose regardless.

7 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Pedro needs his own players as the one's he's currently working with, don't fit the style he wants them to play, it's as simple as that really.

And Warburton knew how to get the best out of this crop of shit, we would not be as far off Aberdeen had he stayed and we wouldn't have lost 5-1 at Ibrox either.

Not true.

Giving him a chance to get his own players etc  and blaming him for Saturday aren't mutually exclusive. 

He has to take the blame for two utterly shambolic performances in a row. Not just two shambolic performances but two exact replica performances against the exact same side. Insanity is doing the same things and expecting different results. 

16 hours ago, BlueBearz1990 said:

He's the cunt that got us in this state with his pish signings and then tried to sneak out the backdoor undetected like the rat fuck that he is when him and his 'players' got found out.

Pedro has come in at an extremely difficult time and is trying to make these hopeless duds play football, but what manager on the planet could do anything consistent with this shambles? Not many, if any at all.

Our current team now know they are nowhere good enough to play for a club the size of Rangers after a year of thinking they were superstars in the championship, and they have given up the will to even attempt to try recently as they know Pedro will have them shipped out the door ASAP during the summer window.

Give Pedro his chance. Let him bring his players in that suits how he wants to play. He may or may not be the right man to take us forward, but don't judge him on trying to get high quality football out of the shite Warburton has left behind.

Why do people keep saying this? It's total bollocks.