New Daily Record blog.

Just now, rangersmad86 said:

Fair enough, thanks for sharing that. It would probably be remiss of you to not be involved in an online forum in some capacity if you were to be doing that job properly then I guess. 

That's how I view it. While many will do the "I don't read the record' stuff, they are the same folk who share almost everything they publish on other twitter or facebook etc.  Another thing that I think is fair, and I've said this continually in all the years I've been writing for various sites and sharing them on here, I'd rather put something out and be in a position to discuss it (whether it's individual points from the blog or the wider picture) with the people who read it. It's no secret who I am, and hasn't been for a long time, and I'll always have a bit more respect for people who put their name to something AND stand and back up their viewpoints, even if the majority disagree, than simply post it and leave everyone to it.

5 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

when is your next one out? and can you start a:

*****official Dude DR blogspot***** on here :whistle: 

Hopefully today or tomorrow but waiting to hear back from them. Sent something yesterday criticising the over-reaction in the media and online to the celebrations after Garner's goal.

Weird how Rangers bloggers writing for that republican silage paper write only abut Rangers while Savco bloggers and ex players etc talk about Rangers. Sometimes we are our own worst enemy and all that. Let them say what they want don't stoop to their level blah blah fecking blah. We'll write a load of bland shite about the football side that everyone knows all bloody ready and let the other lot attack us and our support with no fear of any comeback. I rarely read football blogs these days. I don't need someone to piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

9 minutes ago, Bristoe1872 said:

Weird how Rangers bloggers writing for that republican silage paper write only abut Rangers while Savco bloggers and ex players etc talk about Rangers. Sometimes we are our own worst enemy and all that. Let them say what they want don't stoop to their level blah blah fecking blah. We'll write a load of bland shite about the football side that everyone knows all bloody ready and let the other lot attack us and our support with no fear of any comeback. I rarely read football blogs these days. I don't need someone to piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

Aye but we can take the moral high ground and Dude can take a wage. 

That'll turn the tide and have them worried eh.......

31 minutes ago, Bristoe1872 said:

I'll have to defer to your knowledge on what the Celtic blogger writes about.

28 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Aye but we can take the moral high ground and Dude can take a wage. 

That'll turn the tide and have them worried eh.......

Then by all means get off your arse and do something about it instead of moaning it about on here.

1 minute ago, Blackandra said:

I'm more interested to know what u said about that Lloyd Cross's sister on Twitter.....??

hahahahaha. Someone said Andy Halliday was shite and he was defending him to the hilt saying he's better than Toral and Hyndman. I made a crack saying "I'd say AH was better too if he was pumping my sister". No idea if he's got a sister or not but he's been telling me for months now he's going to come to a 20s game.

13 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Don't like the heat get out the republican kitchen.

You posted on a forum, I'll comment as I see fit thanks ?

Heat? From whom? I couldn't care less whether people are happy with me writing for the Record or not. I'll do what's best for me not some anonymous halfwits on a forum. 

Glad you'll comment as you see fit. You'll have no issue with me doing the same.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Heat? From whom? I couldn't care less whether people are happy with me writing for the Record or not. I'll do what's best for me not some anonymous halfwits on a forum. 

Glad you'll comment as you see fit. You'll have no issue with me doing the same.

You joined a republican rag, it's evident you'll do what you want.

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

You joined a republican rag, it's evident you'll do what you want.

You're absolutely right I will. I trust next time someone approaches you with a job offer out the blue you'll come and get the OK from everyone on RM before you accept.  

Now tell me, how do you suggest we go about changing it from a "republican rag" because the continued shouts of 'don't buy/read it' don't appear to have worked.

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You're absolutely right I will. I trust next time someone approaches you with a job offer out the blue you'll come and get the OK from everyone on RM before you accept.  

Now tell me, how do you suggest we go about changing it from a "republican rag" because the continued shouts of 'don't buy/read it' don't appear to have worked.

You must he close to getting more hits on this than your blog gets :tongue:

25 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Well you've said you're not going to rock the boat, give you time, don't bite the hand that feeds you.

And that you're a blogger on football matters not a journalist.

So as I see it you are in no way changing it from being the republican rag that it is. And have no intention to.

You are the puppet prod. You know that and accept it because of the platform and pay. Your choice but don't spout shite about in any way influencing anything. You are not and will not fight it from the inside, fight our enemies, detractors, those who lie about us. You will write about pedro or youths tho. Bravo.

To fight and change it? Continue to print the lies, (copy and paste once ? ), tweet and share them, spread the word about what we're up against. Too many still buy through ignorance and those need reached. Kill it don't feed it.  

And you do persist with the petulant shite about asking for ok on here about jobs. Utter drivel. You were more than happy taking it, boosting your ego by announcing it with a blog, whilst I'm sure acutely aware of the feeling towards the rag. So given the strength of feeling against it you are deservedly getting feedback from many- that you have sold your soul. 

Most if not all on here would concede on the anger if you actually used that to benefit our support or the club by standing up for us. But you've already stated it's about the football side only. So on that basis you are the same shit on my shoe as every other cunt that writes for that scum paper, if not worse as it's a missed opportunity.

I will just cut to the chase here Dude :anger:

Will you be getting to go to the Christmas night out, imaging you being in charge of the refreshments at that, carnage :dance:

Been a long time since I bought or read the record other than what gets posted on here, so I won't be helping to earn you any money but I have always found you to be strong in your opinions and see no reason why that would change. As this thread proves it seems to me you could be a bit marmite in how fans see you. Good luck :thumbup:

39 minutes ago, The Dude said:

What anonymous halfwit approached you for the job ? image.gif.b35709ed53ab97256a7631111fdf774c.gif

10 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

Thought it was a decent article Dude - though I feel by writing for them, even in the capacity of a "Rangers Blogger", I do feel its acquiescing to their unacceptabe behaviour. Be honest was there not a touch of "30  pieces of silver" when you received your payment from them ?

Cheers. I feel it's no more me acquiescing to their behaviour than it would be anyone on here remaining in their post after seeing a colleague on the receiving end of 'unacceptable behaviour'. I'll give an example. I received a fairly sizable settlement from my former employer in December after being forced out the door. Instead of going to tribunal, they coughed up and admitted fault. I don't for a second feel that any of the guys I worked with there condoned what happened to me because they continued to work there after I'd 'won'.

Regardless of people's opinion on the Record, I'm in a position at 30 where, with nothing more relevant than a 3 in Standard Grade English, I've been offered the chance to write for the biggest daily paper in Scotland. I'm not going to change anything overnight but it's a foot in the door and a chance to give the club some positive press.  As I've said repeatedly in the thread, and on social media, we'll never change anything by simply stamping our feet and shouting 'nobody likes us'.

30 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Well you've said you're not going to rock the boat, give you time, don't bite the hand that feeds you.

And that you're a blogger on football matters not a journalist.

So as I see it you are in no way changing it from being the republican rag that it is. And have no intention to.

You are the puppet prod. You know that and accept it because of the platform and pay. Your choice but don't spout shite about in any way influencing anything. You are not and will not fight it from the inside, fight our enemies, detractors, those who lie about us. You will write about pedro or youths tho. Bravo.

To fight and change it? Continue to print the lies, (copy and paste once ? ), tweet and share them, spread the word about what we're up against. Too many still buy through ignorance and those need reached. Kill it don't feed it.  

And you do persist with the petulant shite about asking for ok on here about jobs. Utter drivel. You were more than happy taking it, boosting your ego by announcing it with a blog, whilst I'm sure acutely aware of the feeling towards the rag. So given the strength of feeling against it you are deservedly getting feedback from many- that you have sold your soul. 

Most if not all on here would concede on the anger if you actually used that to benefit our support or the club by standing up for us. But you've already stated it's about the football side only. So on that basis you are the same shit on my shoe as every other cunt that writes for that scum paper, if not worse as it's a missed opportunity.

So, like my next one that's due to go up about the complete over-reaction to Rangers beating Partick and the 'sinister' attitude shown by many towards the club and fans in the media? Stuff like that?

I got offered it on the Monday night, hinted at it on here on the Tuesday and then posted my blog on the Wednesday. What else were you expecting? I wasn't going to shout it from the rooftops until it went up on the Record website because, as I've learned in the past, until something gets published, it's better not to go telling the world just incase it gets pulled for whatever reason.

As I've said, I couldn't give a shit if people think I've sold my soul. I'll do what's best for me and my career as anyone else would.

I have said it's about the football side, which is why I said I'll not be writing about the sex abuse stuff. If you paid attention I've also said I'll challenge other stuff I see which is actually directly related to us. I've also said repeatedly that stuff like the final tax case result will be stuff I look at when it actually comes out so I can take a look at everything in its entirety, not just the stuff up to where we are now.

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Cheers. I feel it's no more me acquiescing to their behaviour than it would be anyone on here remaining in their post after seeing a colleague on the receiving end of 'unacceptable behaviour'. I'll give an example. I received a fairly sizable settlement from my former employer in December after being forced out the door. Instead of going to tribunal, they coughed up and admitted fault. I don't for a second feel that any of the guys I worked with there condoned what happened to me because they continued to work there after I'd 'won'.

Regardless of people's opinion on the Record, I'm in a position at 30 where, with nothing more relevant than a 3 in Standard Grade English, I've been offered the chance to write for the biggest daily paper in Scotland. I'm not going to change anything overnight but it's a foot in the door and a chance to give the club some positive press.  As I've said repeatedly in the thread, and on social media, we'll never change anything by simply stamping our feet and shouting 'nobody likes us'.

I understand where you are coming from James - my own feeling is that at times we are even oversensitive to some press articles.

But this newspaper now has a catalogue of unedifying conduct against all things Rangers - perhaps no co-incidence that they have a business agreement with our greatest domestic rivals. From falsely vilifying our fans, the nature of some of their journalist's tweets, promoting a malevolent agenda of "conspiracy to pressurise referees, I dont think this newspaper's conduct could be filed under my previous assertion of "oversensitive".

Only you can tell us how influential that "foot in the door" will be to affecting the necessary change required, personally I would not be very optimistic. Id be more confident of such a change occurring when falling sales force a strategic re-think.