Europa League Seeding

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

Was against getting a team from Wales/Ulster but thinking about it that would mean I could bus it to there and still have enough money to fly to Armenia etc in the 2nd qualifying round meaning 2 trips instead of 1...

The likes of Cork City would be a bit more 'spicy'. 

Then a week trip to The Netherlands or somewhere hot. 

10 days between the draw and first leg? Pretty shite on the fans having to organise it in such a short space of time. Can understand if it's that timeframe for latter rounds of qualifying but surely they can do the first round draw earlier.

I am fucking choking for a Euro away. Only been to one, excluding Manchester, Bremen. Thousands of bears descending on a little city that has a max population of about 1000 people, what else could you want. No doubt someone will find a way of hiring out a hall and finding an Eastern European lodge with a band.

9 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Completely unwelcome distraction at the moment that European shit.

Auch nonsense. See it for what it is and what it represents mate. Its been a long time coming. 

Dust aff yer passports ?

Just now, LochendBilly said:

That would be my first choice :thumbsup:

It would be great, we would be taken down to the ground from the Mem being led by the William King, the place would explode :UK:

some roasters complaining about getting european football again fs. if anything it should be the champions league no europa but right now i'll take it. it's the highlight of this shitey season. shame though cause i doubt we're gonna get anywhere with these donkeys who currently wear our famous badge upon their chests.

Look at the likes of Dundalk, getting there won't be impossible although highly unlikely. It's an excuse for our amazing support to take over another city or two as well. We get money for playing in it. 

It can only be looked at as a positive IMO

1 hour ago, one55 said:

some roasters complaining about getting european football again fs. if anything it should be the champions league no europa but right now i'll take it. it's the highlight of this shitey season. shame though cause i doubt we're gonna get anywhere with these donkeys who currently wear our famous badge upon their chests.

Agreed. It's the only thing that takes the shine off it for me a little bit.

12 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Look at the likes of Dundalk, getting there won't be impossible although highly unlikely. It's an excuse for our amazing support to take over another city or two as well. We get money for playing in it. 

It can only be looked at as a positive IMO

The LoI clubs play summer football so they tend to have a bit of momentum going into the qualifiers. But I take your point. There is no reason why we can't replicate getting to the group stage. IMO that would be a remarkable achievement for us at this stage in our comeback.

40 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Agreed. It's the only thing that takes the shine off it for me a little bit.

We'll be in the champions league when we win the europa mate don't you worry. 

33 minutes ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

The LoI clubs play summer football so they tend to have a bit of momentum going into the qualifiers. But I take your point. There is no reason why we can't replicate getting to the group stage. IMO that would be a remarkable achievement for us at this stage in our comeback.

I hope so mate. I think if we somehow manage to get to the group stages, it'd feel like Champions League nights at Ibrox rather than Europa, the place would be bouncing. 

I'm not optimistic but you never know. 

Just now, Gaz52 said:

I hope so mate. I think if we somehow manage to get to the group stages, it'd feel like Champions League nights at Ibrox rather than Europa, the place would be bouncing. 

I'm not optimistic but you never know. 

Very true. I'm not optimistic either, but I live in hope!

2 hours ago, WGOH said:

I am fucking choking for a Euro away. Only been to one, excluding Manchester, Bremen. Thousands of bears descending on a little city that has a max population of about 1000 people, what else could you want. No doubt someone will find a way of hiring out a hall and finding an Eastern European lodge with a band.

You forgetting Berwick? :p:

My boy has never seen us in europe other than on tv so he is looking forward to it.

I dont expect it will be a very long adventure so we shouldnt need to worry about fixture congestion!

Big bonus is we dont need to play that wee diddy league cup group thingy this year either