gkb10127

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Captain Hilts said:

There's a reason he was hanging about in the lower leagues in the USA and is now in the Scottish Premiership.

Would drive him down there myself for £500k.

Aye, his wifes an actress or model and was working in the New York.

There's no doubting Niko's ability but putting that aside don't know if he could do the training required that Pedro seems to be demanding from here on in, apparently he's never been the fittest of player's through his career but certainly can't take away his ability. 

34 minutes ago, Blue Atheist said:

Good player but does anyone really trust he'd even play 20 league games next season?.....

It's a wasted (high) salary.

This. Really like him as a player but id rather spend his wages in a class defender/holding mid.

Like others have already said, I'd drive him down if a minimum of 500k is met.

33 this summer and injuries over the years that will no doubt have lost him a yard or 2 of pace and more prone to new injuries. Took an age to catch up with the Premiership pace and will take even longer this time no doubt.

I do think he is class but let's just save the hassle and headaches and bring in someone similar but a decade younger, there has to be someone out there for the right price.

We really do need to hit the ground running, especially with Euro qualifiers added next season.

Pedro is looking for a team of physically fit and strong players I really can't see Kranjcar fitting into that approach. Disappointing since he clearly has that class we've not had at the club for years but if we get offered any money we should take it and free up the money for wages.

How do folk think we'll get a fee?

"We'll take one of your highest earners, an injury-prone 33 year-old who has only managed a handful of games and has had no significant impact at all."

"Aye, but'll cost ye."

Phone down.

5 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

If we get him off the wage bill without any financial hit and PC gets to spend it on his own players them I'd see this as good business.

This! Every day of the week. 

I like the guy but it's never, ever going to happen for him with us, he's just physically fucked. 

Managers have been stressing the importance of fitness for decades.  Warburton and Delia loved talking about how fit their teams were and how well they could train.  What matters, above everything else, is ability.  If we have a player of quality then I'm certain he'll play, even if he's not the fittest.  Holt and Windass are plenty fit but they will never have the ability of someone like Kranjcar.

2 hours ago, Captain Hilts said:

And she was desperate to work in Glasgow was she?

As i recall that was one of the reasons he moved out there. I think by the time we approached him he had done his stint.

2 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Managers have been stressing the importance of fitness for decades.  Warburton and Delia loved talking about how fit their teams were and how well they could train.  What matters, above everything else, is ability.  If we have a player of quality then I'm certain he'll play, even if he's not the fittest.  Holt and Windass are plenty fit but they will never have the ability of someone like Kranjcar.

Agree with most, have to strongly disagree RE Windass. Hes not even close to being fit, its on of his major flaws. He was blowin out his arse after 5mins of the old firm game, and he looks overweight. I actually think he'd be half decent if he was fit, and played in the correct postion.

8 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Was Neil Lennon quick enough for the Scottish game when he was picking up medals and trophies under MON? Was Davie Weir quick enough when he was winning titles and trophies under Walter? Niko Kranjcar probably has the quickest brain in Scottish football and that is all that matters for experienced footballers who may have lost that yard of pace. 

Being quick enough means nothing, just look at McKay and O'Halloran. 

Sadly, Scottish football is no place for a brain that doesn't have the physical strength to back it up.

Nice idea.

It failed.

Next!

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

He is our current best passer of the ball and technically a very good footballer  

But folks want him to run about and be mad wae it. Crazy eyes stylie 

He won't and he shouldn't   

He should get himself fit and stay for 55

He should fuck off cause he looks 55

I really, really can't imagine anyone's bidding for him. Think we'll get a relatively good season out of him this year, with a couple of outstanding performances in a row throughout the season, but his days as a valuable asset in the transfer market are over.