A Few More (Signings)

37 minutes ago, KWBear said:

I can see this being a repeat of last summer.

I do think Warburton was a bit of a shambles in the transfer market, aided by "best in the business", but it seemed at every presser over the summer that names were to be announced imminently and the manager expected signings.... only for it to drag on and on and on and for little to actually materialise. IMO it was glaringly apparent that the manager at that time thought deals were close only to realise that the penny pinching skint board were trying to cobble together the readies to fund the requested transfers, then failing at the last minute over contract negotiations

we will know soon enough if its the same old pish this summer. Pedro singing one tune, in the background Robertson is singing another. Then finally when a decision is to be made, King vetoes the entire thing because the deal is too expensive and we have to start from scratch, even though king supposedly makes no decisions and has appointed Robertson to take that responsibility (yet more bollocks)

Fingers crossed I am wrong and some names are announced imminently, although if our shambles of a DoF search is anything to go by, the summer transfer window will be yet another clusterfuck.

@K.A.I has the best avatar ever.

We will find out very quickly if you are right; I hope you aren't, but I think that could well happen. At the beginning of the window we would be making our intentions clear after such a season; if we had any.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, markem said:

Mate to take back a guy that made the remarks he did about or club, whilst being one of us would be harder for me to accept by some distance than any of that other stuff you have mentioned. Cunts like Brown and Griffiths will do what classless wanks do, that's them, we get to choose what we do.

Naismith was a much appreciated Rangers player who grew up a fan. He took our enemies words and used them against us when we were at a all time low - think back to how that felt at that time, he twisted a deeply embedded knife.

To take him back, for me would be a statement to say we have no pride or standards left. 

I honestly respect any Rangers fan right to their opinion however I am stunned anyone would tolerate his return. 

I totally respect your opinion mate, i hold pretty much the same opinion BUT the season we just had bears no resemblance to the standards we demand as fans.

We need to get back on top or we will lose ground rapidly on the bheggars and as it stands we cannot afford to lose anymore ground on them.

At that time when he made the ill-inforned statement on tv, nobody knew what the fuck was happening with our club, who knows what noises they were getting from Green and his lot? Not making excuses as there are none that can excuse him, but i can't help feel there will be another side to the story we haven't heard yet.

Green didn't exactly have our clubs interests at heart did he?

There is another thing that i have been thinking about, there is no gaurantee that Naismith returning would propel us to challenge and if the gamble back fired then we have lowered our standards for nothing.

My head is up my arse with the whole saga, the endless debates, the season we have had.

I just want a team on the pitch who can challenge and give me and my son and all our fans something to cheer about.

If he signs and pulls on our famous shirt again he will receive my backing and i will leave any greivances at home when i come to Ibrox to watch the team.

How he performs will determine how much i can forget the past.

I know my opinion is against the general grain here but i have spoke to a lot of Bears who would take him back even if they aren't happy with it.

39 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

He's had a few brilliant assists lately. He's not the best player and has had some horrific displays this season but the abuse he received there is a bit OTT

He's absolutely fucking gash. Talentless useless prick!

I think he's actually an ok player. Being a loanee of course, he didn't exactly burst his erse for us, so can't can't blame him too much. Think he will develop ok.

45 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I totally respect your opinion mate, i hold pretty much the same opinion BUT the season we just had bears no resemblance to the standards we demand as fans.

We need to get back on top or we will lose ground rapidly on the bheggars and as it stands we cannot afford to lose anymore ground on them.

At that time when he made the ill-inforned statement on tv, nobody knew what the fuck was happening with our club, who knows what noises they were getting from Green and his lot? Not making excuses as there are none that can excuse him, but i can't help feel there will be another side to the story we haven't heard yet.

Green didn't exactly have our clubs interests at heart did he?

There is another thing that i have been thinking about, there is no gaurantee that Naismith returning would propel us to challenge and if the gamble back fired then we have lowered our standards for nothing.

My head is up my arse with the whole saga, the endless debates, the season we have had.

I just want a team on the pitch who can challenge and give me and my son and all our fans something to cheer about.

If he signs and pulls on our famous shirt again he will receive my backing and i will leave any greivances at home when i come to Ibrox to watch the team.

How he performs will determine how much i can forget the past.

I know my opinion is against the general grain here but i have spoke to a lot of Bears who would take him back even if they aren't happy with it.

Your motivations can't be argued with buddy, and whilst there isn't much I wouldn't sacrifice for onfield success allowing him back would be a step to far. 

He has had many a year to put forward his side or to apologise. He hasn't as there is no other reason than he stuck the boot right in to suit his own agenda. Enemies of us blootering us about and taking a kick when we were vurnerable was one thing, our own player and fan? 

There has to be a line, and he's it.  

Really can't see it anyway, seriously doubt he would choose to face the inevitable if he was signed. 

A group of 6 quality signings and that at the minimum would do us for next season. 

Personally id like to replace the whole squad but a group of quality players with our better youngsters and it should also raise the performance levels of some of the current players we have now who we might deem not good enough at present. 

Would not surprise me one bit if there's someone we have currently who completely changes opinion next season for the better. 

Struth once said "the club is greater than the man"

that also must count against the fans

yes we all have our opinions on the deserters etc but the need of the club must outweigh the feeling of us fans

ALWAYS REMEMBER THE CLUB IS GREATER THAN THE MAN

AND THAT INCLUDES THE FANS 

9 hours ago, bluenose_n1 said:

yes we all have our opinions on the deserters etc but the need of the club must outweigh the feeling of us fans

His statement was referring to singular and he is right. But you are wrong when you state fans, the fans make this club.

49 minutes ago, lewislaudrup said:

The fans are the club

A bit disrespectful to all the great players and managers bursting a gut for our club.

We are supposed to be one big family and statements like that do not tell the truth.

we have great fans yes, but we have also had legends whom have fallen in love with our club and deserve to be held up as highly as our fan base.

collectively we are rangers

19 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

A bit disrespectful to all the great players and managers bursting a gut for our club.

We are supposed to be one big family and statements like that do not tell the truth.

we have great fans yes, but we have also had legends whom have fallen in love with our club and deserve to be held up as highly as our fan base.

collectively we are rangers

So when they fell in love with the club they became fans

2 hours ago, lewislaudrup said:

So when they fell in love with the club they became fans

I think you're talking bullshit there, and it's kind of embarrassing you're trying to squeeze a square peg into a round hole, type of thing a wee lassie would do.

There is a clear separation between staff and fans - and you know it. It is irrelevant if the staff at some point become fans.

I think Pedro has identified his targets and Robertson is currently in the middle of fucking all the deals up right now. We'll never do transfer business smoothly, we don't run like that. 

7 hours ago, lewislaudrup said:

The fans are the club

I used to have someone in my life that whenever I got worked up over Rangers, would always say to me "Rangers will be here when you're not, so why do you care so much?" and also "Do you think Rangers care about you the way you care about them?"

She just didn't get it.

16 hours ago, bluenose_n1 said:

Bullshit.

9 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

I think Pedro has identified his targets and Robertson is currently in the middle of fucking all the deals up right now. We'll never do transfer business smoothly, we don't run like that. 

Maybe he's getting the DoF sorted?

Nah, I don't think so either. He appears to me to be a useless wee f*cker that is out of his depth at our club, the useless wee bridge-building appeasing wee  c*nt that he is.

1 hour ago, Gaz52 said:

I used to have someone in my life that whenever I got worked up over Rangers, would always say to me "Rangers will be here when you're not, so why do you care so much?" and also "Do you think Rangers care about you the way you care about them?"

She just didn't get it.

My ex didn't get football in the slightest and was one of these lassies who had gay pals and loved the merchant city. For months she'd roll her eyes if I was checking the Rangers score when I was with her. After seeing how delighted I was when we'd beat the tims or the sheep - and thus more agreeable to whatever nonsense she wanted to get up to that weekend - she started wanting us to win every game. 

Funnily enough, she's long gone and Rangers are still there for me. It might feel like an abusive relationship at times, but the Rangers are still there.

10 minutes ago, markem said:

You let that run too long mate. 

In hindsight, it should have been a warning sign that it was never going to work out. 

In fairness, when we lived together she'd buy my cans for watching the games, and wouldn't try to talk to me unless it was half time. Quite possibly one of the best things about the lassie. 

So here we are on page 6 of a thread started on Sunday evening on the back of a Pedro comment that some signings could be as soon as tomorrow (Monday).   His comment certainly stirs the pot of signing interest but so far nothing has happened.

No news or list of those released or transfer listed.

No announcement of any new players having arrived or due to arrive.

No leaks.

Radio silence from the players.

Only Weiss cryptic tweets to keep the pot simmering a bit.

Ibrox in lockdown?  Leakers silenced?

2 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Bullshit.

How because you said so ya prick

I hate all the deserters but if Naismith can come in a do us a turn then I'm all for it as the clubs needs are greater than my opinion

fuck sake ibrox wasn't silent when mo Johnstone scored against the tarriers

we just finished record amount of points behind they cunts 

they fucked us 5-1 twice this season, we need all the quality we can get