Club 1872 statement on Pedro

19 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

Jumped ship ?

Do you mean when I resigned over a matter of principe and values & which I felt compromised the organisation ?

Surely these things happen though on many boards I guess, but now you have resigned you can't affect change from the outside looking in. 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Smile said:

Surely these things happen though on many boards I guess, but now you have resigned you can't affect change from the outside looking in. 

I disagree. In a members led organisation the member's should always have the power to effect necessary change.

2 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

I disagree. In a members led organisation the member's should always have the power to effect necessary change.

You'd be in a better position on the board I'd have thought but that's just my Opinion.  

5 hours ago, D'Artagnan said:

I said  just over a week or so ago it had been an unmitigated shambles.

Its now up to 3 Directors with the re-engagement with Laura and Joanne.

So do you disagree with the statement they have issued - ie you dont feel there is a particularly toxic agenda led campaign against our manager, by certain sections of the media ?

Its rather obvious its the case. You do not need to preach to the long term converted. I stopped buying the Rhebel years ago , as did my entire family,after a pro IRA editorial . Did you and yours?

Todays statement to me is a bit toothless. Targeting these peoples employers is the only way you stand any chance of getting a result.

6 hours ago, D'Artagnan said:

Jumped ship ?

Do you mean when I resigned over a matter of principe and values & which I felt compromised the organisation ?

A great number of posters on here have the utmost of respect for yourself .

Would you consider taking up your role again ?. 

Club 1872 needs you . 

18 minutes ago, Land Rover said:

A great number of posters on here have the utmost of respect for yourself .

Would you consider taking up your role again ?. 

Club 1872 needs you . 

No bud I wont take a directorship - but happy to help the organisation in any way I can.

8 hours ago, Young Bob said:

Its rather obvious its the case. You do not need to preach to the long term converted. I stopped buying the Rhebel years ago , as did my entire family,after a pro IRA editorial . Did you and yours?

Todays statement to me is a bit toothless. Targeting these peoples employers is the only way you stand any chance of getting a result.

"Did you and yours ?" 

Bob I spent  part of my military career fighting the IRA - do you think Im going to purchase a newspaper which has pro IRA editorials ?

In terms of overall effectiveness I would agree with you - the most effective way of stopping this is to ensure their sales slump. However I dont think naming and shaming the main protaganists, and highlighting their unedifying conduct does any harm either.

We need to get the message out there to fellow bears - buying or subscribing to the organisations who employ these people is basically funding a hate fest against our club.

16 hours ago, thesins said:

To me the RSA is the Association. Do you think the Assembly was effective?

It wasn't without it's faults I admit, but the structure is what C1872 should be based on. As I said:

Each RSC has one representative.

If you're not in an RSC, then you can join as an independent.

Every rep (including a rep for the independents) votes for a chairman and a board for a 2 or 3 year tenure

1 rep / 1 vote. 

Additionally, after your time is up, then you can't stand again for 3/4/5 years.

2 hours ago, D'Artagnan said:

"Did you and yours ?" 

Bob I spent  part of my military career fighting the IRA - do you think Im going to purchase a newspaper which has pro IRA editorials ?

In terms of overall effectiveness I would agree with you - the most effective way of stopping this is to ensure their sales slump. However I dont think naming and shaming the main protaganists, and highlighting their unedifying conduct does any harm either.

We need to get the message out there to fellow bears - buying or subscribing to the organisations who employ these people is basically funding a hate fest against our club.

Ok good. It appears we agree.