Where has all this money come from?

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not lots spent but a fair amount committed. I imagine it will come from st money (as the board stated). I imagine any shortfall will be funded by loans & will depend on such things as UEFA runs -or not. I imagine there will be reasonable home of a full share issue in December too.

9 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Not a fucking chance

Pena was signed for $8m about 18 months back no way is he coming over here on a free he will cost a considerable fee.

Herrera is a Mexican international again doubt he's coming here for buttons.

Cardoso is highly rated another that won't come cheap. 

Why not give the board some credit for once?

The 2 mexican internationals we're linked with (Pena/Herrera) while both might require some sort of fee, i'd be willing to bet they're both on less wages than Barton/Senderos were last year... 

Pena can have some resale value, Herrera less so.

The 2 kids from Benfica look to be good prospects but again 1 of them is a loan who we've got no chance in hell of keeping

Happy we're being linked to these types of player but as it stands, we've spent 500k on Alves and signed the Aberdeen captain on a freebie...

Ignoring the figures quoted in the press which are made up nonsense most of the time we had more money from the league this year along with 2 cup runs. We also have taken in season ticket money which has increased (the cost of tickets) along with the hope of quite a few European home games. Added to that having released a few players we will be saving money each week which all adds up. Once all the dust has settled we probably will not have spent a lot compared to previous years in the SPL but more than all the other teams combined apart from them. We will have a much stronger squad on paper which should cost no more than our current one. The bonus would be selling some of the dross (looking at you Waghorn) which if by some miracle we make it to the group stages we buy an extra player.

32 minutes ago, Rickshaw77 said:

Pena was signed for $8m about 18 months back no way is he coming over here on a free he will cost a considerable fee.

Herrera is a Mexican international again doubt he's coming here for buttons.

Cardoso is highly rated another that won't come cheap. 

Why not give the board some credit for once?

I'm very happy with how things are moving along. I like the way Pedro is using his contacts, delighted by the calibre of player we're both bringing in and being linked with. Full credit to Pedro and the Board for backing him.

But that doesn't mean we're spending millions and millions because I don't see it. 

And whilst our wage bill will be bloated I'm sure we're aware of a good few players due out the door which will help.

So I think I'm comfy with my assessment that it's the circumstances of our ST monies and probably better sponsorship and advertising deals etc that's paying for this modest outlay.

Caught between the rocks (rank poor Warburton weakling signings who - like Warburton - are not good enough and never will be) and the hard place of 5-1 OF defeats with no real prospect under the squad from last season about fixing that.   Point being there was no option but for King and the Board to start finding money to spend on better players and on a far better management team.  No option other than getting out and handing over to others.

Solution?   Commit - as they have said - all ST money to improving the squad.    Which means King and others need to pump in more soft loans pending the time when they can convert the loan debt into equity (shares) because the rest of the company / Club still needs money to operate.    So money must be coming from ST sales, more soft loans from King and T3B and from improved commercial deals.    Bear in mind that running costs are increasing anyway with stadium repairs and the new coaching staff added recently so its all spend, spend, spend right now.    Might get something back when we start selling players or getting them off the payroll.   

If the spending is advance commitment against the arrival of further investment money from fresh sources (Chinese was suggested in a post) and / or against the prospect of the SD court case being resolved out of court with no risk of Rangers having to pay damages to SD for breach of contract, and / or a further issue of shares in this financial year then it may be a gamble if these events don't happen or don't pan out as planned.   In which case the funding would presumably sit squarely on the shoulders of the Support via ST sales, those who are putting in soft loans and whatever better commercial deals are actually achieved.   

The alternative to not spending would, imo, have been no Pedro and his coaching team as they wouldn't have signed on, and we'd not be seeing the quality of transfers currently going through, and as a result of not having Pedro and the players he has brought in we'd see a lot more of what we saw last season in terms of results.   It was a time to put up the money or suffer significantly increased dissatisfaction from the Support.    Arguably, there was no option but to spend with the only questions then being how much and can ways be found to increase investment / halt the SD damage.  

7 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I'm very happy with how things are moving along. I like the way Pedro is using his contacts, delighted by the calibre of player we're both bringing in and being linked with. Full credit to Pedro and the Board for backing him.

But that doesn't mean we're spending millions and millions because I don't see it. 

And whilst our wage bill will be bloated I'm sure we're aware of a good few players due out the door which will help.

So I think I'm comfy with my assessment that it's the circumstances of our ST monies and probably better sponsorship and advertising deals etc that's paying for this modest outlay.

I don't believe for one minute that Guadalajara paid $8m for Pena in Dec 2015 just to let him walk away for modest outlay now. Counting the wages he would be on for a fee like that they've probably spent the best part of $9-10m on him. Also considering the fact that Pena has played in world cups and is an international for a country ranked 17th in the world right now I don't see anything to indicate he is a cheap signing.

The other two are rumoured to be around the £1m-£1.5m mark again I don't see that as a vast overestimation given they are both under contract and a fee will have to be paid for them.

Add that to the money bid for Dorrans and the 500k for Alves  if these deals are all completed we are probably looking at the guts of £6m spent so far.

Far from modest in Scottish football terms.

3 minutes ago, Rickshaw77 said:

I don't believe for one minute that Guadalajara paid $8m for Pena in Dec 2015 just to let him walk away for modest outlay now. Counting the wages he would be on for a fee like that they've probably spent the best part of $9-10m on him. Also considering the fact that Pena has played in world cups and is an international for a country ranked 17th in the world right now I don't see anything to indicate he is a cheap signing.

The other two are rumoured to be around the £1m-£1.5m mark again I don't see that as a vast overestimation given they are both under contract and a fee will have to be paid for them.

Add that to the money bid for Dorrans and the 500k for Alves  if these deals are all completed we are probably looking at the guts of £6m spent so far.

Far from modest in Scottish football terms.

So you believe we will have spent £6m this transfer window? ?

4 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

So you believe we will have spent £6m this transfer window? ?

Everyone else is coming up with arguments as to why they think we might of spent a bit of money. The only argument you have against that is 'I don't like Dave King, we've not spent any money'.

1 minute ago, jackrfc95 said:

Everyone else is coming up with arguments as to why they think we might of spent a bit of money. The only argument you have against that is 'I don't like Dave King, we've not spent any money'.

If you want to believe we've spent 6m, fill your boots.

You can add it to the 18m Dave has already spent, only another 6m to go ?

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

If you want to believe we've spent 6m, fill your boots.

You can add it to the 18m Dave has already spent, only another 6m to go ?

I don't believe we've spent 6 million, but I do believe by the end of this window the board will have spent some money. More than I think most were expecting.

11 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

From us ST holders.

What fees have been spent? Imo max 2-3m will be spent on fees this window. 

I also think we've replaced the salaries of those who have left and the club hope to save a bit more by ridding ourselves of plenty of Warburtons duds.

Or have I missed something and we're forking out millions...?

Well he's going to spend more than 2/3 mil if reports and to he true,2mil on Pena,1.3 on Caridosa,1.5 on Herrera,800,000 on dorrans and we've still got 2 month until window shuts.

i think king has finally seen sense that the only way to close the gap on the scum was to spend money

i still feel we need at least a winger preferably 2 and another striker