Mayweather vs McGregor - August 26th

Ryan_1

2 minutes ago, sRcFoCt said:

Two fucking Muppets can just imagine the press conference "I'm earning 100m" then the reply "And I'm on 200m" then start throw Rolex watches and sports cars at each other fuck off.

So you will be glued to the screen at 5am with the rest of us!

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

MMA is thriving, it's wiping the floor with boxing these days. If anything it would be the nail for that.

Yeah, but how you go forward when casual fans and media groups will go back to saying shit like this?

Your biggest fighter just got schooled by a retired boxer. MMA fighters can't hand with Boxers.

The only difference is, they now have some heavy ammo to back them up. You need to be mad if you don't think that will affect how the casual fan with the money views MMA in the future. It may not kill MMA< but it certainly wont help them, that is for sure. 

8 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

So you will be glued to the screen at 5am with the rest of us!

I will be working but it's a fight the primeval in me will want the result.

Also I wouldn't mind the fight it's just the way the two cunts act, I mean 100m no doubt everybody on this forum would step the ring with either one for that money.

10 minutes ago, Da Kool Blue said:

Yeah, but how you go forward when casual fans and media groups will go back to saying shit like this?

The only difference is, they now have some heavy ammo to back them up. You need to be mad if you don't think that will affect how the casual fan with the money views MMA in the future. It may not kill MMA< but it certainly wont help them, that is for sure. 

Only a moron would think like that tbh.

Of course arguably the best boxer in the past few decades and possibly of all time in his weight is going to be miles ahead of a MMA fighter not trained in boxing. 

It's not going to affect MMA at all, it's an exhibition. 

1 hour ago, Da Kool Blue said:

This is going to be embarrassing, and more than likely the death nail for MMA. :mutley:

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

MMA is thriving, it's wiping the floor with boxing these days. If anything it would be the nail for that.

It won't be the death knell of either. Boxing is still in a state of flux in that there are a few big draws, but promoters still aren't doing much to actually promote new stars - some fighters don't do enough either - but the "boxing is dying" stuff has been uttered since the 1890s; it's going nowhere. 

MMA is pretty much solidified as a permanent TV fixture now in the USA too, so a McGregor loss won't be the end of the UFC. (It might affect his drawing ability, but I don't think the damage would be irreversible.) If anything, MMA being a more established sport is good for boxing, but that's a whole different discussion, I guess. 

Can't see any way McGregor wins this. Mayweather isn't going to stop taking his training seriously; he'll be in shape. And he'll be focused on surpassing Marciano and Calzaghe, in terms of his record, at 50-0.

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

Only a moron would think like that tbh.

Of course arguably the best boxer in the past few decades and possibly of all time in his weight is going to be miles ahead of a MMA fighter not trained in boxing. 

It's not going to affect MMA at all, it's an exhibition. 

It's Rocky Balboa vs. Thunderlips. 

7 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Could see CM chucking it after this as he will never need another pay day again and nothing will top this in MMA. With a new wean arrived and him saying he wants out at the top it could be the time. Much like guys like Naz who gave it up in his prime years. 

UFC guys will be fuming 

I doubt it. Dana will be licking his lips. They are co-promoting the event and the exposure UFC will get on the back of this fight will be incredible. 

The only issue at the moment is UFC don't seem to have any superstars whilst McGregor is out. 

McGregor has no chance in this fight but we would all do the same thing if we were in his shoes. He'll be set ip for life. 

6 hours ago, Aubie92 said:

It won't be the death knell of either. Boxing is still in a state of flux in that there are a few big draws, but promoters still aren't doing much to actually promote new stars - some fighters don't do enough either - but the "boxing is dying" stuff has been uttered since the 1890s; it's going nowhere. 

MMA is pretty much solidified as a permanent TV fixture now in the USA too, so a McGregor loss won't be the end of the UFC. (It might affect his drawing ability, but I don't think the damage would be irreversible.) If anything, MMA being a more established sport is good for boxing, but that's a whole different discussion, I guess. 

Can't see any way McGregor wins this. Mayweather isn't going to stop taking his training seriously; he'll be in shape. And he'll be focused on surpassing Marciano and Calzaghe, in terms of his record, at 50-0.

IMG_3862.GIF

I honestly think there is a chance that CM will win.

Mayweather would be able to win the fight in whatever round he wants, but I just don't fucking trust this set up.

these fuckers are motivated by money and not by respect for the sport.

would not be at all surprised for them to dance about for a few rounds and for mayweather to leave his chin hanging out only to get knocked out by a weak punch in the 7th or something.

could probably spread about £30m around the bookies at odds of about 100/1.

Fair play to them for getting this to happen and getting themselves a huge payday.

The fight is gonny be really boring but with Mayweather just punching fuck McGregor with his brittle hands and McGregor punching Mayweather's shadow.

Mayweather will take every round comfortably and win on decision, but they both probably know that already.

9 hours ago, A.T.G said:

Anyone think CM will last more than the first round? 

Yeah.

Mayweather doesn't have the power in his hands to knock anyone out anymore and McGregor has a pretty good chin, although McGregor might be knackered come the later rounds and I guess Floyd might get a decent hit in to spark him out.

15 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I honestly think there is a chance that CM will win.

Mayweather would be able to win the fight in whatever round he wants, but I just don't fucking trust this set up.

these fuckers are motivated by money and not by respect for the sport.

would not be at all surprised for them to dance about for a few rounds and for mayweather to leave his chin hanging out only to get knocked out by a weak punch in the 7th or something.

could probably spread about £30m around the bookies at odds of about 100/1.

No chance Mayweather would give up the chance of the greatest record of boxing history just to make some extra money FS! ?

4 minutes ago, MARK92GERS said:

McGregor knockout or the full distance with mayweather winning on points is the only way it can go but I hope to fuck mcgregor annihilates him 

You seriously dont believe that Mayweather could stop McGregor in a boxing match?

Wanna buy some magic beans?

It's all about dem dollaz...

McGregor is the one who wanted this fight the most, so hope his wee gay fan boys don't jump on the "Aw if it was UFC rules" band-wagon after he gets mauled.