Progres striker not cleared to play [?]

3 minutes ago, duffy2391 said:

What is the source for this btw? Signal isn't great in work so can't load up all the previous pages.

A Sky sports news broadcast today. Suspect it is a wind-up as The Sun mentioned it before the first leg but no-one else ran with it and Rangers must have known about it.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, BlueThunder said:

A Sky sports news broadcast. Nowhere else mentioned it. Suspect it is a wind-up.

What part of it do you think is a wind up mate?

That he failed a drug test pending an outcome?

10 minutes ago, Murty said:

Last night was embarrassing enough, would rather we didn't lower ourselves even considering this.

Would be harsh anyway if UEFA didn't approve it.

Guy is having an asthma attack and they're supposed to try and get UEFA on the phone before they can treat him? No chance.

he wasn't sanctioned too play regardless of his medical condition he was under investigation and shouldn't have been on the field   

7 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

The club should be all over and contacting UEFA as time is a killer here as the next game is a week tomorrow and things need to be organised.   

So the quicker they are into UEFA the better chance we would have of having them thrown out.  Rules are rules and fuck fair play as if the shoe was on the other foot we would be thrown out 

Exactly, if it was us who fielded him do people really think other clubs would say its ok and let us through? How would the club even go about this or are they aware? Most other clubs fans would be on to uefa directly bombarding them with emails

1 minute ago, Hutton2008 said:

The striker was/is eligible to play until after the results of the hearing in September. Why is this even a thread.

I've read your posts and I think you're a taig. 

1 minute ago, Hutton2008 said:

The striker was/is eligible to play until after the results of the hearing in September. Why is this even a thread.

Where are u getting that info from?

14 minutes ago, markem said:

What part of it do you think is a wind up mate?

That he failed a drug test pending an outcome?

Like Hurton2008 says above, I think he was eligible. Someone has seen the story and pretended he was banned.

We d just like it cleared up. If uefa comment on it and say he was cleared to play then fair enough. But if he wasnt cleared then rules should be followed, retrospective clearence given now doesnt cut it.

2 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I had forgotten about that. Was that actually the case? Did he play last night :lol:

Well according to the BBC all the players booked in the last game played in this one too 

3 minutes ago, Rovers51 said:

We d just like it cleared up. If uefa comment on it and say he was cleared to play then fair enough. But if he wasnt cleared then rules should be followed, retrospective clearence given now doesnt cut it.

There isn't anything to clear up though. Nothing has been shown to say he was ineligible. This all started because of some Sky report earlier in the thread.

Just now, BlueThunder said:

There isn't anything to clear up though. Nothing has been shown to say he was ineligible. This all started because of some Sky report earlier in the thread.

Fair enough and i take your point but what has being shown to say he was eligible to play by uefa or if they were aware?