Moh up top?

Clarkyyy

Just wondering if anyone thinks rather than have him rotting away taking a wage we should play him up top & see how he does ? Hes a clinical finisher & has already scored from right back this pre season i believe . He offers raw pace which seems to be the only thing we havent tried & with niko & dorrans feeding balls through if he played on the shoulder hed be an asset surely ? I know hes not been great so far but cant think if wev actually tried him up front !

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

O'Halloran is one I'm against the grain on. From what I can remember he hasn't started through the middle for us at all, and given the way he played at Ibrox against us before we signed him I don't get it.

He might prove to be as limited as he has already looked out wide but I'd chance him there.

Dont see it happening now anyway as his relationship with Caixinha is probably broken and if the boss didn't try it last season with that squad, he won't now with the new signings.

30 minutes ago, Clarkyyy said:

Just wondering if anyone thinks rather than have him rotting away taking a wage we should play him up top & see how he does ? Hes a clinical finisher & has already scored from right back this pre season i believe . He offers raw pace which seems to be the only thing we havent tried & with niko & dorrans feeding balls through if he played on the shoulder hed be an asset surely ? I know hes not been great so far but cant think if wev actually tried him up front !

He is pish. GTF. He is an under-achieving, talentless waster.

He might score goals from through the middle by just running the ball over the line, like when he charges down the line and forgets to stop until halted by the advertising hoarding ( the net could be the revised hoarding)

56 minutes ago, Clarkyyy said:

Its an idea, the only thing is ...... hes shite.

Honestly, some of the threads that have surfaced in here in the last week are fuckin unbelievable 

"Whyte may have saved us" "cometh the hour" "jig and the umbrella" makes this place a haven for dudes on skunk 

either that or it's obhsessed dhims - just get this pish tae fuck - he's the Scottish Dalcio 

38 minutes ago, ready1873 said:

O'Halloran is one I'm against the grain on. From what I can remember he hasn't started through the middle for us at all, and given the way he played at Ibrox against us before we signed him I don't get it.

He might prove to be as limited as he has already looked out wide but I'd chance him there.

Dont see it happening now anyway as his relationship with Caixinha is probably broken and if the boss didn't try it last season with that squad, he won't now with the new signings.

He played well against us in the cup tie because we played with a high back line allowing him to use his pace as he had acres of space to run in to. His pace much less useful against teams that sit a bit deeper which is 90% of the teams we face.

This has got to be among the worst yet, you know the guy who doesn't want to play for us, the one who went awol, hasn't showed one bit of desire since he got here and has been stealing a wage since he arrived, why don't we make him our main striker?! :huh:

2 hours ago, Clarkyyy said:

He offers raw pace which seems to be the only thing we havent tried & with niko & dorrans feeding balls through if he played on the shoulder hed be an asset surely ?

I don't think it would be such a bad idea tbh and i know that goes against the general consensus on here.

He beat plenty of men with sheer pace but is decent when running with the ball, i can see why people would say he is pish because he would beat a man or 2 then run into somebody or drill it across the box and our strikers wouldn't be there on time.

Playing as the central striker he would be playing on the shoulder of the last man and 9 times out of 10 if a ball is threaded through he is winning it in a race, not sure i would say he is clinical though but a few goals would change my mind.

That said, i just can't see it happening because Pedro seems stubborn when he makes his mind up about a player.