The Dude on twitter

PRW.

Taig pandering at its worst

That tweet is a typical taig strategy, celtic or someone associated with them is accused so they find an instance where a Ranger did something similar as if it makes it OK for them to do it

In this instance it just reeks of desperation, Griffiths plays for celtic atm, as far as I know Gazza hasn't even been to Ibrox in 20 years so how are we clinging to the association with him? And why would we forget him as a player for making a controversial joke?

The Dude is fucking at it, disgraceful behaviour typical of handwringers who love to pander and make nice with taigs who hate us

he's a rhat

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, The Dude said:

No one said it would have any bearing on Griffiths advertising sky. I found the idea that folk were disgusted in them using Griffiths for being a racist while still lauding Gascoigne despite his conviction hypocritical. 

How do you know the folk that condemned Griffiths are the same folk lauding Gascoigne?

Generalisation to fit your self promoting agenda?

3 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Taig pandering at its worst

That tweet is a typical taig strategy, celtic or someone associated with them is accused so they find an instance where a Ranger did something similar as if it makes it OK for them to do it

In this instance it just reeks of desperation, Griffiths plays for celtic atm, as far as I know Gazza hasn't even been to Ibrox in 20 years so how are we clinging to the association with him? And why would we forget him as a player for making a controversial joke?

The Dude is fucking at it, disgraceful behaviour typical of handwringers who love to pander and make nice with taigs who hate us

he's a rhat

Bang on

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

More than one person. More than a few agreed with me yesterday. Although it wasn't a problem I had, I was just questioning the logic in it as I felt it was more about PR than the charity.

Yet you continue to use Rangers in a negative light to further your own cause...

That's perfectly OK though.

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Only thing I'm happy doing for free is writing for WATP Mag. Would you do your job for free? 

I do 2 jobs free mate(Charity) and another which I get paid for, that keeps my family. Come on, writing a few words in a blog isn't journalism but merely an opinion, so hardly your "Job". Journalists generally have a decent education which you freely admit you don't, so pipe down dafty.

Just now, Frank Harrison said:

Yet you continue to use Rangers in a negative light to further your own cause...

That's perfectly OK though.

IN what way did I use Rangers in a 'negative light to further my own cause'? BY tweeting about it? I don't even get paid for that.

Just now, LochendBilly said:

I do 2 jobs free mate(Charity) and another which I get paid for, that keeps my family. Come on, writing a few words in a blog isn't journalism but merely an opinion, so hardly your "Job". Journalists generally have a decent education which you freely admit you don't, so pipe down dafty.

What else would you call the thing that generates your main source of income? A hobby?

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

More than one person. More than a few agreed with me yesterday. Although it wasn't a problem I had, I was just questioning the logic in it as I felt it was more about PR than the charity.

What's wrong with good PR? The scum do it all the time, do you think they make donations without a big fanfare, I believe they made one the other day for the wee boy while at Sunderland.

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I found the idea that folk were disgusted in them using Griffiths for being a racist while still lauding Gascoigne despite his conviction hypocritical. 

Because I find the idea of being disgusted at using LG in an ad because he's a racist while lauding Gazza as hypocritical

Gazza the player, being adored by millions is not related to wondering why a racist is advertising (on the biggest company showing it) a sport that are trying to rid themselves of racism.

There was absolutely no need to compare to the two in my, and clearly many others, opinions.

I think you did this knowing what reaction you'd get. It's pretty clear.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Because I find the idea of being disgusted at using LG in an ad because he's a racist while lauding Gazza as hypocritical.

Since you're ignoring my other question I'll ask another; would you not agree that Gascoigne's "conviction" was ridiculous given his joke was barely even offensive? Therefore how is he even comparable to Griffiths?

1 minute ago, Captain Hilts said:

Since you're ignoring my other question I'll ask another; would you not agree that Gascoigne's "conviction" was ridiculous given his joke was barely even offensive? Therefore how is he even comparable to Griffiths?

Sorry, what was your other question?

I don't find it that ridiculous given some of the other stuff that folk get convicted for now, no.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

IN what way did I use Rangers in a 'negative light to further my own cause'? BY tweeting about it? I don't even get paid for that.

What did you hope to gain from it? Surely you must of known this is the sort of reaction you'd get. 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Because I find the idea of being disgusted at using LG in an ad because he's a racist while lauding Gazza as hypocritical.

I've yet to see Paul Gascoigne 'lauded' without a caveat pointing to the many flaws in his character, something that he has acknowledged on numerous occasions. Griffiths appears utterly unrepentant and unable to acknowledge, let alone attempt to modify it.

They are two entirely different people and I don't see Paul being used to advertise anything other than the pitfalls of celebrity.

Your continuing attempt to justify your ridiculous comparison is not unexpected.

11 minutes ago, The Dude said:

No one said it would have any bearing on Griffiths advertising sky. I found the idea that folk were disgusted in them using Griffiths for being a racist while still lauding Gascoigne despite his conviction hypocritical. 

Gazza's conviction was a joke that the pc brigade jumped on, Griffith's was singing a song in a racist way. There is a difference

2 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Gazza the player, being adored by millions is not related to wondering why a racist is advertising (on the biggest company showing it) a sport that are trying to rid themselves of racism.

There was absolutely no need to compare to the two in my, and clearly many others, opinions.

I think you did this knowing what reaction you'd get. It's pretty clear.

I wonder how many tweets he made highlighting celtics hypocrisy for their Love Celtic  Hate Racism campaign while employing a racist?

Just now, The Dude said:

Because it's the same folk I've seen tweeting about both.

Could you quantify it or provide proof?

Since you've started working for that rag, you go out of your way to antagonise Rangers fans, purely for self promotion.

I think you probably get some enjoyment from it.

Just now, jackrfc95 said:

What did you hope to gain from it? Surely you must of known this is the sort of reaction you'd get. 

Gain from what? A tweet? I don't hope to gain anything from my tweets unless it's a link to an article etc. 99% of them are simply my opinion.

1 minute ago, Captain Hilts said:

Well it's comparable because they've both been charged with racist crimes, right? 

In fact, isn't Gazza's worse because he actually went to trial and pleaded guilty? Griffiths had his case dropped...