mrmojorisin

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Black Peters busses from Campbeltown back in the 70s. Amazing, used to leave about 6AM, quite a few hadn't even been home.  Brilliant atmosphere, 140 miles of banter and bigotry.  Watched a Rangers Celtic match in a pub in CN a few years back and a few of the charecters were still singing about Willie,Willie Johnston on the wing etc.

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

If you haven't done a trip on the Sandbank - you have never lived.

I don't think bear grylls could survive a trip with the lads thank fuck I was only going to Kilmarnock but jesus christ I was fleein out my tits by time I got there :lol:

2 hours ago, mearns loyal said:

I know is there anything worse than sitting beside someone drinking a half bottle of champagne and not offering out their oysters...

Had a duel with a young cad named Wigbert Digby Jr one summers evening. Was a jolly good fight. Funnily enough we're good chums now and have even been known to enjoy a snifter of Port together on the veranda.

The #4 that ran between Balornock to Drumoyne  was a journey usually didn't get home from Ibrox till well after 6-30 easily an hour & a half as it passed so many areas on route to the N/E of Glasgow back in the 80's.

Regularly full of lads you went to school with  & older bears from Balornock,Springburn & Barmulloch passing Royston was an event usually with the bus getting pelted with bricks as the top & bottom deck gave it laldy assisted by a few fluters & drummers from the local FB's  on route home .

I don't know how the Corpy put up with all the carnage  on that bus it was regularly stopped with windows being opened or  crashed in by jolly craicsters ,regular piss ups, fare dodging if someone bought a ticket they got slagged or they had way too much dosh.

Looking back as there was not really a local supporters bus for Springburn apart from the old Peasie Club or Bishopbriggs they would probably have been bombed out with all the nutters who used the public transport instead.

Absolutely Fuckin Mental times going to follow Rangers but it showed the depth of unity between 3 schemes who were for the most part in a Majority back then & knowing who the enemy was.

2 hours ago, jaywalker said:

Black Peters busses from Campbeltown back in the 70s. Amazing, used to leave about 6AM, quite a few hadn't even been home.  Brilliant atmosphere, 140 miles of banter and bigotry.  Watched a Rangers Celtic match in a pub in CN a few years back and a few of the charecters were still singing about Willie,Willie Johnston on the wing etc.

The land that time forgot

Fair play to the lads for making the journey 

Had a few eventful trips with the Nithsdale.

Went down to Goodison to see Chelsea play Everton...Chelsea fans were brilliant that day and had a riot  in Carslile on the way home with their firm.....i am now barred from Carslile for life and no one got nicked 

Fantastic day