The red card

orange&blue92

10 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

I wouldn't mate. There's some sort of phantom headbutt/forged TV footage thing going on.

Was unclear to me where i sit in the club deck but seen Jack and Stokes getting involved, how Stokes never got sent off is beyond me.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

That's pretty damning.

He looking right fucking at it. Claiming he didn't see it isn't an option for him I'm afraid. He shouldn't be given a top flight game in this country for a while, but he should also be hauled in front of the authorities and asked to explain this photo in particular.

28 minutes ago, PRW. said:

He is a fuckin wee cheating rat. He can see Stokes with his hand round Jacks throat, minutes after being booked for doing the same to Tavernier, yet he sends off Jack.

Fuckin cheat

IMG_1989.JPG

IMG_1990.JPG

Unbelievable, the cunt has the best view in the house. 

Surely the SFA must look into this, its blatant incompetence 

3 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

He looking right fucking at it. Claiming he didn't see it isn't an option for him I'm afraid. He shouldn't be given a top flight game in this country for a while, but he should also be hauled in front of the authorities and asked to explain this photo in particular.

I'm afraid I've studied the video, mainly to win an argument if I'm honest, and there is just no rational explanation for that decision. He needs to explain himself.

I took it from the manager's post match interview that the red card will be appealed with the referee being invited to look at the TV evidence.

So fucking what.   Even if the red card is rescinded the damage is done of game - and 3 points - lost.  

Is it just a matter of looking for a red card being rescinded or should the Club be taking a more serious view.    Bringing an accusation against the SFA for bringing the game into disrepute by appointing a referee who was wilfully incompetent in handling the game.    Of course nothing would come of it but making it clear in public that the Club is not going to idly stand by while efforts to play fairly are wilfully impeded by officials who are incompetent would at least make it clear to the Support and to all clubs that Rangers execs are simply not going to allow the Club to be disrespected in this way,  

19 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

I took it from the manager's post match interview that the red card will be appealed with the referee being invited to look at the TV evidence.

So fucking what.   Even if the red card is rescinded the damage is done of game - and 3 points - lost.  

Is it just a matter of looking for a red card being rescinded or should the Club be taking a more serious view.    Bringing an accusation against the SFA for bringing the game into disrepute by appointing a referee who was wilfully incompetent in handling the game.    Of course nothing would come of it but making it clear in public that the Club is not going to idly stand by while efforts to play fairly are wilfully impeded by officials who are incompetent would at least make it clear to the Support and to all clubs that Rangers execs are simply not going to allow the Club to be disrespected in this way,  

Well it has certainly worked for 'them' so I think it is time for our club to come out and call time on such hellish refereeing. It really is time to start fighting fire with fire IMO.

I will add that our attempt to get back into the game with the second half substitutes was poor to say the least, but this thread is discussing the red card and other unacceptable decisions made today.

4 hours ago, Gartcosh Bear said:

As soon as I saw John Beaton was the referee today, I knew we were going to get next to fuck all from him.

He and Kevin Clancy are in my opinion the two worst referees in the country. Both of them would be out of their depth in an empty paddling pool.

:dance:Nice line I needed a chuckle.

30 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Correct, game changer and these 3 points aint coming back, just how wrong is that?

2 minutes ago, StirlingBear72 said:

How stokes wasn't red carded is beyond me. That wee tarrier McGeough ahould have been off for a second yellow too.

The ref bottled it with Stokes. He ripped Tav's shirt then grabbed him and forced him to the floor, later on he had Jack by the throat. Sweep sweep fucking sweep.

Aye but it's just 'stoksey' being 'stoksey'.

sickening

1 hour ago, SkylineBlue said:

Cunt will get promoted to officiate in Europe for it, cheating rat that he is.

Just now, gogzy said:

from that angle it doesn't look like Jack makes any forward movement until stokes already has pushed his head forward.

John Beaton was the centre of attention

Unfortunately for what was billed as a bombastic encounter, one which did deliver for around 30 minutes, the referee was a key protagonist.

Everyone knew it was going to be a passionate affair following the scenes at Hampden Park following the conclusion of Scottish Cup final in 2016. The atmosphere was electric before a ball was kicked, and was edged up further when Alfredo Morelos put the home side in front.

Then a clash between James Tavernier and Anthony Stokes only added to the heat. Tavernier fouled the Hibernian forward but the Irishman reacted and grabbed the defender around the neck/collar. It’s the type of clash which you would prefer the referee to have a word with both players, give them a warning and move the game on. Beaton booked both players.

In the 36th minute, the referee made a decision which continues to baffle. A petulant clip, of which there were many throughout the game, by Hibs’ Vykintas Slivka on Graham Dorrans led to a melee in the middle of the park. In other matches it wouldn’t have led to such an incident but such was the nature of the clash it needed little to set the players off.

There was a lot of pushing, shoving, squaring up and glorified pavement dancing. Then Ryan Jack was shown a red card.

The former Aberdeen captain had pulled Dylan McGeouch down to the ground. It appeared that was what the red card was for. Harsh when comparing the incident to that of Stokes on Tavernier which was arguably worse.

However, reports suggest that it was for Jack pushing his head into the temple of Stokes. Although footage show the two appearing to do exactly the same.

Rangers would be well within their right to appeal the decision.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/five-things-we-learned-from-rangers-2-3-hibs-1-4530480

4 hours ago, calikeo said:

Fucking ridiculous decision.  I'd back a Ranger's player even if he committed assault on a player - but Jack squares up to Stokes after Stokes grabs his throat - they go head to head and Stokes is the one to push forward!

McGinn runs 20 yards to shove Dorrans and sparks it all, no booking.

Worst of all, the no 8 that committed the foul and probably warranted a yellow - not even spoken to by the ref.

Completely lost control of the game from the first Stokes incident and ruined a game that was shaping up to be good.

I don't think he's biased - just utterly, utterly incompetent but I think it definitely puts to bed that Rangers get every decision.

Disgrace jack got sent off it really is,I honestly feel it's us against the country