The beginning of the end!

KingKirk

6 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

This is just my opinion: I think it would be best for meetings like this to stay within closed doors; it would be better if the manager spots a few problems for them to be internal, and dealt with that way. For the very reason we are seeing now it's best they stay within the dressing room. Again, it's just my opinion, but someone in the dressing room is trying to undermine the manager.

Someone in the dressing room has the ear of an ex player or player we put out on loan who is pals with the media

18 minutes ago, markem said:

The agenda is to destabilise us - unfortunately whilst we are not competing it's not hard to do. 

The media have had the Knifes out for Pedro since he was appointed. He hasn't helped it with poor results, If he has went through the team on Saturday then good they deserve it. 

I don't think Pedro is the man but If he can win a trophy beat the tarriers and finish 2nd then this season then it would be seen as a success. 

We should aim to win a cup this year we haven't won a major trophy for 6 years if Pedro could deliver a trophy this at least would be something to point to and say he was worth keeping because right now Pedro doesn't have many reasons to keep hold of him. 

1 minute ago, GWR1979 said:

The media have had the Knifes out for Pedro since he was appointed. He hasn't helped it with poor results, If he has went through the team on Saturday then good they deserve it. 

I don't think Pedro is the man but If he can win a trophy beat the tarriers and finish 2nd then this season then it would be seen as a success. 

We should aim to win a cup this year we haven't won a major trophy for 6 years if Pedro could deliver a trophy this at least would be something to point to and say he was worth keeping because right now Pedro doesn't have many reasons to keep hold on for him. 

The very fact you're saying "if" we finish second, by default/definition proves that he's not the man for the job and should be removed 

and whatever moles there are leaking things to the press should follow him - not one person in the team or the dugout has staked a claim that we can't afford to not be without them so it should be real easy to act - if there was a desire to 

30 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

There's an old legend of Alexander the Great. After a sleepless night he went for a walk and as we walked he found a young guard on guard duty asleep; quite a serious breach of conduct. Alexander approached the young man saying, "soldier, what is your name?"; to which replied "sir, Alexander". Twice more Alexander asked the solder his name, twice more the same reply. Alexander finally says to the young guard, who was by this time expecting the worst, "soldier, either change your conduct, or get a new name" It's time some of these players acted like Rangers players, and played like Rangers players, or find a new club.

What position did this Alexander play mate ?

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Fair enough is that the RO article? Tbh I'm equally wary of that as I am the record 

Yeah it is, and you have a right to be.

Like someone had already said, usually the truth lies in between. I'd be shocked if Pedro didn't let rip at our players after the old firm, but I do not expect to have him do it in an uncontrolled kind of way. He's not an idiot and could have let loose plenty of times during media conferences. I certainly don't think it's a meltdown, just a few hard truths been told and Pedro trying to convey his passion so that it transfers onto the players.

I don't think this guy is right for Rangers, but that DR story seems to me to be a bit ludicrous.

9 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Before a certain player left he did say PC would be out the door by Xmas.

I hope we don't have to suffer much more tbh. Let's end this now as we know how it will end up. Starting to get the feel of le guen tbh

I'm no mystic meg but I always expected this to be the outcome.

Scottish Football as a whole is stuck in its own little bubble and when you appoint somebody as unknown as he was people within that bubble were always going to go for the jugular as soon as the opportunity presented itself.

I've never been particularly keen on him but the guy was facing an uphill battle to be any sort of success here from the moment he was appointed.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

The very fact you're saying "if" we finish second, by default/definition proves that he's not the man for the job and should be removed 

and whatever moles there are leaking things to the press should follow him - not one person in the team or the dugout has staked a claim that we can't afford to not be without them so it should be real easy to act - if there was a desire to 

I think another way of looking at it is - I knew we were going to lose the old firm, but I had a feeling that if we just managed to sneak a win in that game we would have lost the next game against Accies. I don't think I was alone in thinking that type of thing.

But like I keep saying, hope Pedro proves me wrong - and if he doesn't the board have to go along with Pedro - they are not fit for purpose.

After the reading the RO piece, this just seems like a mountain out a molehill. Pedro has basically told them that the honeymoon is over. He expects the team to now be gelling and expects all parties to be a part of that process. 

There was always going to be a period of adjustment with so many new players from both the domestic scene and abroad, but it is clear Caixinha feels that the process of bedding the squad in should now be complete and that there can be no more excuses in Rangers' quest for trophies. 

The gaffer has told his foreign imports that they need to ensure that they have fully integrated themselves with the British core of the squad and has urged his domestic players to do whatever is necessary to complete that process. He wants the players all fighting together for the jersey and for the fans. 

A source close to the dressing room has told the Rangers Observer that the message was well received by the squad and that they are more determined than ever to show both Pedro and the Rangers support that they have the quality, determination and fight to properly represent our club on the pitch. 

I mean this is nothing...

Just now, OhW said:

Sorry Turnberry I'm not just picking on everything you say, if it seems that way. I agree with the sentiment of that story but football isn't always about doing what's right or giving people what they "deserve". You do what you need to do to get results. 

Take Leicester under Ranieri, everyone thought the players were a disgrace for downing tools and essentially shoving their title-winning manager out the door. Ranieri won the title, he "deserves" the chance to turn things around. But, hey ho, they get rid of Ranieri, appoint Shakespeare and start getting results again. So was it "wrong" to sack Ranieri?

Another example is Adkins at Southampton. he got them back-to-back promotions into the Premier League, was doing well, and was then replaced by Pochettino.  People argued that Adkins "deserves" the chance to continue managing Southampton, but Pochettino took them to the next level. Were they "wrong" to sack Adkins?

Pedro could be a nice guy who doesn't deserve the sack, my concern is what Rangers and our fans deserve. 

I get that, and I agree with that to an extent, but are these players capable of giving more? If Caixinha hasn't told Dorrans to run backwards to give Miller the armband, why is he doing that?  Supposing not wanting to play for the manager has contributed to the performances, throughout the start of the season, is that the manager's fault; especially when that manager has inherited a mess and is in a process of changing the squad over a time? It has looked to me, from the outside, that some players don't want to play for this manager, but whether we rate him or not he both identified the problem, if this leak is anything to go by, and has set about improving the overall standard of the squad in the process. He should be given more time before we write him off, in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

A big if, hope rather than expectation. 

As for the mole I suspect Miller, and I also reckon it was him calling him a fraud at the start of the season can't prove anything but if I had to guess it would be Miller. Hopefully he goes as from the outside it looks like he is causing the division. 

2 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Nah he's off to the job centre soon...

Just read his post match interview from their game last night. Still coming out with absolutely baffling stuff to try and defend crap results :lol:

"We have to take our chances. If we score that second goal, this was our game. The small margins are really hurting us at the minute. They really, really are. Please take this the right way but it is the fine margins that are costing us"

Five defeats in six in a league where managers get no time. I think a job with a shite League 1 teams beckons for him tbh.

32 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

What's any manager without the players? These players are not giving their best for a full 90, and it's unacceptable. He told them that and how they could rectify it, and they should have taken it on board. 

I agree.

However I feel that Pedro believed as part of his overhaul that some inherited players  would do him a turn in the short term whilst he prioritised elsewhere.

Christ he even bummed several up as captains and leaders.

I think he's now waking up to the reality that this is a serious mis judgement.

Now whether this is developing, or whether he simply didn't gave the time or funds to remove them all at once, its crucial he addresses it.

And that can only happen if the players buy in. Or are removed.