The beginning of the end!

KingKirk

3 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

which players were popular that were jettisoned ,mate? I recall nothing but relief on here when each and every name was announced in the press they were leaving. In fact Pedro was getting praise for moving them on. Theres not one player he has moved on that I would have back

I mean popular amongst their fellow players.

No coincidence one of them went on a 6 month loan either.

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I know the point she's trying to make but saying training was great and everyone having a wee carry on reads like the mccoist sessions but I'll no read too much into it I know what she's getting at just the wording could have been better 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

I know the point she's trying to make but saying training was great and everyone having a wee carry on reads like the mccoist sessions but I'll no read too much into it I know what she's getting at just the wording could have been better 

women talking football...:huh:

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

I think if a manager is picking players to stay based on their friendship with other players, he has totally lost the plot.

And if said manager is replacing those players with absolute pish then they have the right  to wonder if he knows what he's doing.

9 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

If that was the case Halliday would be confident that he would be staying under the next manager. That's quite a statement in itself.

What I got told was he wasn't having his Rangers career finished by Pedro. There was quite a bit of hate for the guy and the way he treated some of the players.

3 minutes ago, B1872 said:

What I got told was he wasn't having his Rangers career finished by Pedro. There was quite a bit of hate for the guy and the way he treated some of the players.

I don't doubt some of them resented being pushed out the biggest club they will ever play for when they simply weren't good enough. 

When the dust does settle on Pedros tenure with us there will be much he will be fairly criticised for I'm sure however getting rid of that lot over the summer shouldn't feature. Indeed he deserves credit for doing so. 

3 minutes ago, B1872 said:

You cant move people on and expect to win friends. Keeping them and hoping they do well because they are your mate, is essentially what McCoist done. That didnt turn out well.

31 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

And that process will only end one way as well. This club badly needs stability. Would it not also be helpful to the manager for those at the top to support him at a time like this; this was the case with Warburton as well, where he stood alone and faced the music?

The club needs stability but it's easier to get that stability if you have the right guy in the dugout. I'm not convinced that Caixinha was ever the right appointment and I'm wondering if the board are starting to think that too.

I honestly think McLeish will be back after Caixinha leaves. IIRC he's been King's preffered option choice twice now and after Warburton and Caixinha I think King will make the decision the next time around (which makes me wonder why we even have a DOF :lol: )

Don't know why all the fuss, he'd every right to get ripped into them, Dorrans handing Miller the captain's armband? If I got the honour of wearing it I definitely wouldn't be handing it to a sub they would need to rip my arm off, this showed lack of respect. And don't you ever think Walter Smith never tore strips of the 9 in a row teams? A Souness or a wallace  would have strung half them up. Dammed if he does dammed if he doesn't.. 

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

The club needs stability but is easier to get that stability if you have the right guy in the dugout. I'm not convinced that Caixinha was ever the right appointment and I'm wondering if the board are starting to think that too.

I honestly think McLeish will be back after Caixinha leaves. IIRC he's been King's preffered option choice twice now and after Warburton and Caixinha I think King will make the decision the next time around (which makes me wonder why we even have a DOF :lol: )

Your final comment is very valid, when we appointed Caixinha, after saying the DOF would be the mainstay of stability but appointing him before hand anyway, it had to make you wonder how serious all of this was. Murty was doing okay, he could have stayed, so it wasn't as if the managerial appointment was essential, at that time. King also said that CaixInha coming in would give him the chance to assess the squad, a crossing of wires with the DOF narrative a little time beforehand. The critics of this board keep getting proved right, whether their detractors like it or not.