Lewis morgan

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

He's a goal scoring midfielder but I wouldn't say we're massively missing out. A few of my friends are from Renfrew and Paisley and whilst they'd be gutted if he leaves, they're not sure that his all round game is good enough for a top end SPL club

Depends how he moves from where he is.

Look at recent examples , eg: Jack for us and Armstrong for them. Good players who were SPL level and raised their game on getting their move.

That said, for every one of those - theres 3x Scott Allans, etc

It's not that he's signing for them that's the problem, it's that we're still not in a position to be signing talented young guys, some of which are supposedly Rangers fans and would have been stick ons in the past.

There's a danger as well that sellic are going to entrench their position by signing the likes of Henry and loaning him back. Hoarding the best talent so that they can play against your rivals but not against you isn't exactly conducive to healthy competition. Makes the rich even stronger.

Imagine a situation next season where sellic don't have to play against the best players of Dundee, Aberdeen and St Mirren but we do. Sporting integrity? 

Might not become a massive issue, but Scottish football should be wary. I already think the idea of loaning players in your own league and preventing them from playing yourselves is wrong (and I know we do it too).

14 minutes ago, Inigo said:

It's not that he's signing for them that's the problem, it's that we're still not in a position to be signing talented young guys, some of which are supposedly Rangers fans and would have been stick ons in the past.

There's a danger as well that sellic are going to entrench their position as well by signing the likes of Henry and loaning him back. Hoarding the best talent so that they can play against your rivals but not against you isn't exactly conducive to healthy competition. Makes the rich even stronger.

Imagine a situation next season where sellic don't have to play against the best players of Dundee, Aberdeen and St Mirren but we do. Sporting integrity? 

Might not become a massive issue, but Scottish football should be wary. I already think the idea of loaning players in your own league and preventing them from playing yourselves is wrong (and I know we do it too).

I agree, but difficult to rule against.

Celtic are not going to sign anyone they don't think is potentially good enough. Neither of us have ever signed anyone to weaken the opposition - money talks, and it makes no sense.

People talk about signing SPL dross, but our last good team in 10/11 contained - Broadfoot, Whittaker, Naismith, McCulloch, Foster, Miller, Boyd..... all guys who either started out in the SPL or signed as promising SPL players. Our squad definitely needs to be signing top talent from the SPL and trying to develop them into good players.

1 hour ago, Badger said:

I agree, but difficult to rule against.

celtic are not going to sign anyone they don't think is potentially good enough. Neither of us have ever signed anyone to weaken the opposition - money talks, and it makes no sense.

People talk about signing SPL dross, but our last good team in 10/11 contained - Broadfoot, Whittaker, Naismith, McCulloch, Foster, Miller, Boyd..... all guys who either started out in the SPL or signed as promising SPL players. Our squad definitely needs to be signing top talent from the SPL and trying to develop them into good players.

That's the problem. If they buy the best and loan them. It's got the potential to be very, very anti-competitive and lacking in sporting integrity. It has the potential to contribute significantly towards a footballing monopoly. 

The rule should be simple. You loan a guy out, he's at the loaned club's disposal. No limitations on playing against the loaning club. Fairness is paramount. If that inconveniences clubs in other ways, then too bad. Rules always inconvenience, you just have to operate around them.

51 minutes ago, Inigo said:

That's the problem. If they buy the best and loan them. It's got the potential to be very, very anti-competitive and lacking in sporting integrity. It has the potential to contribute significantly towards a footballing monopoly. 

The rule should be simple. You loan a guy out, he's at the loaned club's disposal. No limitations on playing against the loaning club. Fairness is paramount. If that inconveniences clubs in other ways, then too bad. Rules always inconvenience, you just have to operate around them.

Would you try your hardest playing against your employer.

Tied on points, last day of season, opposition centre forward is playing against his employers that he is on loan from..... 

6 minutes ago, Badger said:

Tied on points, last day of season, opposition centre forward is playing against his employers that he is on loan from..... 

You should, it's your duty to remain professional.

4 hours ago, Badger said:

As a pro trying to make my way in the game and convince the manager I was worth a shout? Not letting my team mates down? Damn right I would. That paying employer would still have to pay me and were the ones that thought I wasn't good enough for them anyway. How better to prove them wrong? Besides, it's for the loaning teams to weigh up those risks before deciding on the loan. You don't want to take that chance, don't loan the player.

It's that or banning same division loans. Those are literally the only two reasonable options. Personally, I'd ban same division loans, actually. Nice and straightforward.

On 20/12/2017 at 16:49, Inigo said:

Is there such a rule to actually prevent a player playing against his parent club though? Seem to remember it happening 

Never in a month of Sundays was this kid a Rangers Supporter.
Any Rangers minded kid would give this bunch of paedos a wide berth,with good advice from decent parents.
Just because he had a Rangers top as a kid does not mean he is a Rangers fan.
Hope any young guy signing for the bheasts turns out the worse move of their careers.