David Bates

Dan Deacon

Ffs he made a bad start with a few poor performances in a very poor Rangers team. That was then. 

He's come on leaps and bounds since then and looks more assured as the games rack up. Who'd have thought eh? Play your way onto game. 

The boy still has good bit to go and is understandably still prone to the odd mistake. Other than that his progress has been marked and with time he should mature into a very steady player for us. 

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would have him in the team ahead of Cardoso every day of the week.

Main thing I enjoy about his style of play, he is tight as fuck to his man. Hardly ever lets them turn and run and always puts them under pressure when they receive the ball to feet or in the air.

He could go on to never make another mistake and some folk would still bring up a few he made in his first handful of games.

He's a young lad thrown into what was for a while a fairly makeshift Rangers team. I think he's doing well.

He's improving. How far he can go no one knows yet. But for now he's proving to be capable. As he matures and continues to develop I think he may end up being a fairly reliable CB for us. 

13 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Don't talk utter shite. He's getting more praise on here than ever. Even those not convinced I'd say were giving him praise where due ie sheep and beggars games.

Justify your comment by naming the posters and how they are waiting for that mistake so they can say I told you so. Just back up your claim, should be easy enough.

Shite like this and him being picked on or not rated as he's ginger are fucking pathetic.

13 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

You're full of shite.

Who "hates" him?

Smell the hotdog will be eternally resentful because his accidental hand ball at Easter road and PRW (i think) amongst others cannot fuck up about him being poor last season.

He is growing into a good no nonsesne decender.

People need to realise the boy os only now getting a run of games. However he has had 3-4 different defensive partners. All will probably different ideas of how to talk him through games. 

We as fans need to give the big lad confidence.  Instead of wincing when he gets his foot on the ball. 

The midfield should be available for a short pass from him at all times. Same with fullbacks.

I have been one of his biggest critics but he is proving me wrong game by game.

Be good if he stops handling in the box right enough.

Getting better every game. He’s not there yet but who knows? Amazing what a manager with who can install belief and get back to basics can do for a player.

Whats that song? Oh David Bates he heads the ball and hates the papes oh David Bates :lol: 

9 hours ago, plumbGER said:

Smell the hotdog will be eternally resentful because his accidental hand ball at Easter road and PRW (i think) amongst others cannot fuck up about him being poor last season.

Did you just make that up?

Ye did, didn't you. 

10 hours ago, plumbGER said:

The fuck are you on about.

He’s improved and a work in progress but I’m not having a wankfest over him like you when you blatently refuse to have anyone mention any concerns about him.

We all want the boy to do well to say anything else is just you chatting shite.