Tav

Lloyd

Bumped from FF but says it all. Sick of the constant undervaluing of players. We'll never progress as long as that continues.

Marvin Johnson 
Sold by Motherwell for 500k to Oxford in 2016. Signed for Boro for £2.5m in 2017.

Darren Randolph 
Let go by Motherwell for zilch. Signed for Boro last year for £5m.

Sone Aluko
Left us for zilch (not our fault). Signed for Reading in the summer for £7m.

Jon Toral
We know how painfully average he is. Signed for Hull in the summer for £3m

Ross McCormack
Let go by us for zilch. Made numerous moves around the Championship worth around £25m in fees. 

Then you factor in bang average players we've all seen play for Scotland or in the SPL like Nick Blackman (signed for Derby for £3m last year), Jordan Rhodes (£30m in fees across numerous Championship moves), Grant Hanley (moved for £5m then £3m), Daryl Murphy (moved for £3m), Ikechi Anya (moved for £4m). 

They are all average players going for prices way above what they are worth, because Championship clubs pay over the odds. Yet I see posts wanting 500k for Windass and 1m for Tav? Seriously? What is wrong with people.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Bumped from FF but says it all. Sick of the constant undervaluing of players. We'll never progress as long as that continues.

Marvin Johnson 
Sold by Motherwell for 500k to Oxford in 2016. Signed for Boro for £2.5m in 2017.

Darren Randolph 
Let go by Motherwell for zilch. Signed for Boro last year for £5m.

Sone Aluko
Left us for zilch (not our fault). Signed for Reading in the summer for £7m.

Jon Toral
We know how painfully average he is. Signed for Hull in the summer for £3m

Ross McCormack
Let go by us for zilch. Made numerous moves around the Championship worth around £25m in fees. 

Then you factor in bang average players we've all seen play for Scotland or in the SPL like Nick Blackman (signed for Derby for £3m last year), Jordan Rhodes (£30m in fees across numerous Championship moves), Grant Hanley (moved for £5m then £3m), Daryl Murphy (moved for £3m), Ikechi Anya (moved for £4m). 

They are all average players going for prices way above what they are worth, because Championship clubs pay over the odds. Yet I see posts wanting 500k for Windass and 1m for Tav? Seriously? What is wrong with people.

I'd bet you'll be able to put Moult on that list in a couple of seasons

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Who the fuck are we going to sign to replace and fill the productivity Tav offers us if we sell for a million or less which some people would agree to? Baffling.

Probably see Waghorn being sold for £5 million next summer...

Exactly mate.

See if we can only get £1m for them, don't fucking sell them then. 

For combined goals & assists in the league Morelos joint with 12. Windass is 2nd with 10 & Tavernier is joint 4th with 8.

Who is replacing the output they two give us? Atakayi & Jordan Houston?

37 minutes ago, PRW. said:

For combined goals & assists in the league Morelos joint with 12. Windass is 2nd with 10 & Tavernier is joint 4th with 8

Just looked at goal stats after seeing your comment:

Dorrans has 1 more league goal than dembele and he hasn't played a game since October. Same league goals and 1 more assist than that 4.5m Ntcham too.

Pena has the same league goals as dembele :lol:

Windass has the same goals, but 3 more assist than Griffiths.

None of those things sound right. Wish to fuck we had a real manager :lol:

2 hours ago, gsa said:

Being the best right back in Scotland (personally not even sure he is) means absolutely nothing. Amateur football up here.

And I'm fairly sure that if you asked left wingers around the league if they feared playing against Tav, the answer would be a resounding no. 

4 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Best dressed man in the burns ward springs to mind 

if Tav really is the best right back in this back water what does it say about the rest? Where are people getting this anyway? Because he’s the right back with the most assists? He’s a right back what about most tackles and prevented crosses? A real stat?

thats like saying because Candaies up until a couple of weeks ago had the most assists for a winger does that make him better than Sinclair, Forrest or McGregor?

It's the league we play in so there would be no point in weakening our side unless we got a really good offer. And I wouldn't trust Allen to replace him adequately.

I got it from watching games. Who's better? Logan or Lustig? Not for me.

These players such as Tav and Windlass who have very obvious good qualities and some obvious weaknesses need a bit of guidance and to be  placed in a suitable system by a competent leader. In the sport we used to call that guy a manager......but at Rangers we do things differently and don't bother with the expense of appointing a manager. 

Consistently undervalue our players and take 500k for Tav then complain when we bring in a 500k RB because he’ll be exactly what 500k gets you, pish. 

It doesnt matter how bad the rest of the leagues RBs are, he’s the best and is a modern day RB, full of attacking quality and suspect defensively. People were saying it when 50 mill was getting thrown about for Kyle Walker. 

No-one could name a RB in the premiership whose better defensively than he is attacking. 

2 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Consistently undervalue our players and take 500k for Tav then complain when we bring in a 500k RB because he’ll be exactly what 500k gets you, pish. 

It doesnt matter how bad the rest of the leagues RBs are, he’s the best and is a modern day RB, full of attacking quality and suspect defensively. People were saying it when 50 mill was getting thrown about for Kyle Walker. 

No-one could name a RB in the premiership whose better defensively than he is attacking. 

We wouldn't even do that, we'd sell him for 500k then then replace him with a freebie 36 year old, a 50k Scottish player or worse still Lee Hodson.

9 minutes ago, the brown brogue said:

We wouldn't even do that, we'd sell him for 500k then then replace him with a freebie 36 year old, a 50k Scottish player or worse still Lee Hodson.

Lee Hodson is the best right back in Scotland and that's an absolute factual statement that I have just made. Don't even try and debate.

3 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Wasn’t tav a £200k right back?

2 hours ago, AlCapone said:

Won’t argue with that. Just out of interest though, he signed as a £250,000 full back 2 and a half years ago. What do you see that he’s added to his game to be worth 9 times that now?

I’ve honestly seen improvement all round in his game. I used to consider him a constant liability. Championship clubs always overspend on players so we should get the benefit of that for Tav imo

2 hours ago, AlCapone said:

Won’t argue with that. Just out of interest though, he signed as a £250,000 full back 2 and a half years ago. What do you see that he’s added to his game to be worth 9 times that now?

another question is " what would it cost to replace him"? £250K? i doubt it.

Archived