Tav

Lloyd

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Blackandra said:

I'd have said the same mate but Edgar is usually pretty spot on with his info. 

Hopefully he's just after a better deal he's far from perfect but trying to replace him on the cheap which is inevitably what we'd do won't be easy and playing Hodson is a no no 

2 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Hopefully he's just after a better deal he's far from perfect but trying to replace him on the cheap which is inevitably what we'd do won't be easy and playing Hodson is a no no 

Here's hoping. He's naw the best defender in the world but the chances he creates and some of his runs when he's on form are pretty irreplaceable without spending a lot of cash

3 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

H&H has stated hes heard Tav wants to go & he will not sign a contract extention.

If that's the case & he wants to go, now is the time to sell him, his stock is high & due to his contract, we can still demand a higher fee.

1 minute ago, Ace said:

H&H has stated hes heard Tav wants to go & he will not sign a contract extention.

If that's the case & he wants to go, now is the time to sell him, his stock is high & due to his contract, we can still demand a higher fee.

Might be why we're apparently after Russell Martin who can play right back,would shore us up defensively but we'd lose so much going forward and we're hardly the most creative side as it is.

10 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Am sure Tav rejected a new deal last season him and waggy IIRC both should of been punted then. I dont think he is interested in staying any longer. Sell

As long as we get a decent fee. It'll take alot to replace him and I defo don't think Martin is the man to do that. Will no doubt be a better defender but we'll miss out on Tavs attacking threat. Martin won't go past the half way line ?

27 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Am sure Tav rejected a new deal last season him and waggy IIRC both should of been punted then. I dont think he is interested in staying any longer. Sell

He didn’t, he signed a one year contract extension.

I'm probably reading into nothing but during Tav's post-match interview I thought he seemed a bit weird when he was talking about going to Florida, also when speaking about the save from his scissor-kick he says "I would loved to have scored that...".

To be honest though, if I hadn't heard the Tav rumour I would have noticed nothing.

1 hour ago, onefootwillie said:

If we can't agree a new deal with him then we have to maximise his value and sell him. I don't want him to go but if there is not intention of staying then I would thank him for his service and hope we make a good profit on him. 

That sounds good old common sense mate, let's hope our D of F can sort it out. :thumbup:

How long is left on his contract?

If it's not this summer which I'm sure it's not then the ball is very much in our court. He like everyone else should be considered sellable for the right offer - that should be £3m plus.  If he's unsettled or want a to move then his agent needs to graft to find a team paying the money.

7 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Sell him if he doesn't want to be here, get martin in and go 352 with candeias and john as your wingbacks, 

Yeah, if he wants out, let him go, but demand a healthy fee for him.  We should not be keeping anyone who doesn't want to be here.

I like Tav, think he is one of our best players, but he can be replaced. I'd rather sell him now than lose him for nothing, or keep him here while he is not happy.

Like every player excluding 1/2 tav has benefited from our fall hes a decent player but we need better if we're all being honest.

If he doesn't want to be here sell him and buy or get a stop gap loan till the summer.

I'd only spend a fee in this window if someone who's gonna improve our first team becomes available. 

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

Like every player excluding 1/2 tav has benefited from our fall hes a decent player but we need better if we're all being honest.

If he doesn't want to be here sell him and buy or get a stop gap loan till the summer.

I'd only spend a fee in this window if someone who's gonna improve our first team becomes available. 

If JT goes we will not replace him with better, we couldnt afford to unless we struck really lucky 

Archived