Tav

Lloyd

3 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Here we go again, talk down our players and sell them as cheaply as possible 

That's not true at all - it's a balancing act.

It's the same as this time last year when people were trying to say tell Leipzig 10 million for McKay or no deal, we are left with him and he goes for 550k which is a lot nearer is actual value.

It's OK talking up players and trying to get the best deal possible but the ones that the tarriers have, as I said, are internationals who's won titles, trophies, played in the Champions League etc and then we've the likes of Tav who's only even won a Ramsdens Cup and a promotion from the Scottish second tier in his life and playing (badly) in probably the worst Rangers team ever. 

We need to step into the real world here. 

Ask 3-million for Tav get laughed at and stuck with him.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's one of our more consistent performers.

When he has a good game, it's usually a very good game.

As said, gets caught out due to teams knowing he likes to get forward. Though, i'm sure the stats would show a good few assists from when he does go forward.

Can be frustrating, his final cross ball is usually ok, but on an off day, woeful.

And what the fuck happened to his free kicks?  I remember being at Ibrox against Hibs, watching him hit a screamer of a free kick to win the game. At that time, with a free kick in that area, I wouldn't have bet against him. Now, it's gone ffs

I reckon we'd do well to get 1.5m. But who knows in this crazy time of transfer fees. 

Given the English market and remember Mick  McCarthy having a laugh at us for the price we sold Garner and Waghorn I would say £3 mil for Tav is a fair price. Also if it's Sunderland that are interested in him it will be Martin Bain going the deal for him so we might get £30 mil ?

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

That's not true at all - it's a balancing act.

It's the same as this time last year when people were trying to say tell Leipzig 10 million for McKay or no deal, we are left with him and he goes for 550k which is a lot nearer is actual value.

It's OK talking up players and trying to get the best deal possible but the ones that the tarriers have, as I said, are internationals who's won titles, trophies, played in the Champions League etc and then we've the likes of Tav who's only even won a Ramsdens Cup and a promotion from the Scottish second tier in his life and playing (badly) in probably the worst Rangers team ever. 

We need to step into the real world here. 

Ask 3-million for Tav get laughed at and stuck with him.

That's fine. He's been the best RB in the league this season.

30 minutes ago, the goal machine said:

Best dressed man in the burns ward springs to mind 

if Tav really is the best right back in this back water what does it say about the rest? Where are people getting this anyway? Because he’s the right back with the most assists? He’s a right back what about most tackles and prevented crosses? A real stat?

thats like saying because Candaies up until a couple of weeks ago had the most assists for a winger does that make him better than Sinclair, Forrest or McGregor?

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Best dressed man in the burns ward springs to mind 

if Tav really is the best right back in this back water what does it say about the rest? Where are people getting this anyway? Because he’s the right back with the most assists? He’s a right back what about most tackles and prevented crosses? A real stat?

thats like saying because Candaies up until a couple of weeks ago had the most assists for a winger does that make him better than Sinclair, Forrest or McGregor?

His cross blocking is around 60% which is one of the best in the league, defensive duels per game and percentage won is about average and interceptions are just okay. His real quality is in attack and I’d be looking for at least 2million for him because that’s around what it would cost to replace him.

1 minute ago, Siwel said:

His cross blocking is around 60% which is one of the best in the league, defensive duels per game and percentage won is about average and interceptions are just okay. His real quality is in attack and I’d be looking for at least 2million for him because that’s around what it would cost to replace him.

Cross blocking one of the best in the league
Defensive duals and percentages won about average
Interceptions just ok

That screams the best about and 2-3 million to me alright :confused:

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Cross blocking one of the best in the league
Defensive duals and percentages won about average
Interceptions just ok

That screams the best about and 2-3 million to me alright :confused:

Like I also said his Attacking play is where his real quality is. We should be able to get 2 million for him easily.

Just now, Siwel said:

Like I also said his Attacking play is where his real quality is. We should be able to get 2 million for him easily.

Attacking play? he's a full-back mate. Why do I appear to be the only one who thinks we should have defenders that can defend?

We are the only team stupid enough to rely so much on our full-backs creating goals and making assists in the opposition box/bye-lines while the defensive duties get neglected. Good luck getting some mug to pay 2-3 million for him he's horrendous likewise John who does the same shit the other side of the park. 

2 hours ago, the goal machine said:

Being the best right back in Scotland (personally not even sure he is) means absolutely nothing. Amateur football up here.

And I'm fairly sure that if you asked left wingers around the league if they feared playing against Tav, the answer would be a resounding no. 

2 minutes ago, PRW. said:

There is no way that the people wanting 500k-1.5m for Tav/Windass actually watch us, or pay attention to any football. 

You post some crackpot stuff at times mate ... I agree kinda with Windass he's better than people give him credit for but do you actually watch Tav playing football? are you in the give us 3 million we must talk our players up brigade like the tarriers do to get pure millions brigade despite it having no relevance? 

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

He's been there two years and only played 67 league games and has been woeful in over half of them.

It's not irrelevant considering the whole footballing market is inflated hence why the scum are wanting laughable fees for players such as Dembele. 

If Jason Cummings can go for over a million last summer whilst only performing in the championship, the best right back in Scotland who is a good attacking threat should easily be going for £2m+

Going from one Premiership club to a top Premiership club commands a premium in an environment where they throw tens of millions about for average players ... that doesn't filter down to us, it simply doesn't apply.

If we can get that type of money for Tav then brilliant I'd bite your hand off but way too many people are living in dreamland with their expectations on a pish full-back who's only redeeming feature is about one good cross in in every ten which creates a goal. You's were all saying last year about McKay and Leipzig give us 10 million ... what a lot of shite

Just now, K.A.I said:

You post some crackpot stuff at times mate ... I agree kinda with Windass he's better than people give him credit for but do you actually watch Tav playing football? are you in the give us 3 million we must talk our players up brigade like the tarriers do to get pure millions brigade despite it having no relevance? 

You don't like Tav because he is a better attacker than he is defender. Stats show he is the best offensive & defensive (Tierney is better, but thats what the stats say) in the league this season. Like it or not its important for the modern day full back to be a big attacking threat, its a priority down south. Many of the best full backs are suspect defensively too, and much better attacking. 

We signed a guy who had been out on loan a few times around different clubs for around 300k. He has consistently played for two and a half seasons now, grabbed 21 goals and 36 assists from right back, don't even get me starting on how effective an attacking outlet he is, and established himself as the best right back in the country. And you think he is only worth an extra £1m or so now? Crazy, crazy stuff.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Going from one Premiership club to a top Premiership club commands a premium in an environment where they throw tens of millions about for average players ... that doesn't filter down to us, it simply doesn't apply.

If we can get that type of money for Tav then brilliant I'd bite your hand off but way too many people are living in dreamland with their expectations on a pish full-back who's only redeeming feature is about one good cross in in every ten which creates a goal. You's were all saying last year about McKay and Leipzig give us 10 million ... what a lot of shite

And look how embarrassing the McKay episode has turned out to be.

£500k for a 22 year old boy that even a blind man could see had the most talent in this squad. Now got around 5 goals & 7 assists in 20 appearances for them. Guarantee he goes for +£5m when he moves again. 

Martin Bain would even know 500k for McKay, £300k for Waghorn, £1m for Windass/Tav is fucking dire business.

Archived