Midfield for wednesday

jjbscotty12

10 minutes ago, Siwel said:

The two wingers need to tuck in for it to be a 4 man midfield I think they’d go forward and leave us exposed like the 442 earlier in the season did.

Candeais has been excellent at supporting Tav. Murphy I would hope would offer a lot more than anyone else has on the left. Both would be midfielders with pace to get forward not true wingers (forwards).

Anyway. Fuck you. It's what I'd like ?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, gsa said:

I know what you're saying but I don't think we have any centre midfielders good enough just to play as a pair. With what war currently hage we'll always need 3 in there. 

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Candeais has been excellent at supporting Tav. Murphy I would hope would offer a lot more than anyone else has on the left. Both would be midfielders with pace to get forward not true wingers (forwards).

Anyway. Fuck you. It's what I'd like ?

I know what you're saying but that's why I'd hope it to be a more orthodox 4 man midfield 2 up front than 2 man midfield.

27 minutes ago, PolarBear1972 said:

I would play 

Murphy, Gross, Holt, Candeias,

Windass behind Morelos

Bring Cummings on second half

You liked that

19 minutes ago, gsa said:

I know what you're saying but I don't think we have any centre midfielders good enough just to play as a pair. With what war currently hage we'll always need 3 in there. 

Similar midfield with mine (I had Hallday not Goss), mine was 442 the poster you replied with this to had 4411.

Slightly contradictory no?

5 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Foderingham

Tavernier  Martin  Wilson  John

Docherty  Goss

Candeias Windass Murphy

Morelos

Dorrans and Wallace still out.  Cummings hasn't trained due to the flu.  McCrorie fit after he hurt his ankle?

Mccrorie out for weeks more.

We've not signed Docherty yet ?

3-5-2 for me.

Wes

Martin     Bates     Wilson

Tav            Goss          Holt            Murphy

Windass

Morelos      Cummings

4 minutes ago, Rupret said:

Why is everyone putting Goss in a team as first choice?

I don't get it.

He played very well in Florida cup games, looks like he’s more than capable of holding on to the ball and not panicking into a mistake. Picks out good passes also ?

1 minute ago, livibear101 said:

He played very well in Florida cup games, looks like he’s more than capable of holding on to the ball and not panicking into a mistake. Picks out good passes also ?

Ta just saw the goals, id be tempted to play Halliday as CAM, he does go missing in games though

22 minutes ago, Rupret said:

I don't get it.

It looks like it's him or Hallday. I've not seen Goss play yet as missed the Florida games though by all accounts have heard positive reviews.

A cold Jan Wed  night in Glasgow v a Rangers hating sheep team is an entirely different prospect. 

I get the arguments for both. Think Murty will go with Hallday though.

15 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

It looks like it's him or Hallday. I've not seen Goss play yet as missed the Florida games though by all accounts have heard positive reviews.

A cold Jan Wed  night in Glasgow v a Rangers hating sheep team is an entirely different prospect. 

I get the arguments for both. Think Murty will go with Hallday though.

I thought he done well in the Florida game so would be hard to drop him if I was manager.

Good position to be in. Struggling to pick a best 11 because there are too many decent options... instead of struggling because we dont have 11

42 minutes ago, Rupret said:

I don't get it.

Goss is a deep lying playmaker just like Dorrans.  Dorrans is injured for the rest of the season so I assume that's why we've brought in Goss on a short-term loan.    

3 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

You liked that

Similar midfield with mine (I had Hallday not Goss), mine was 442 the poster you replied with this to had 4411.

Slightly contradictory no?

It was more the Windass in behind and Cummings off the bench I was liking but yeah, I take your point. 

4-4-1-1 can almost give you 3 in the middle though. The 1 can sit on the deepest opposition midfielder. Two out and out strikers would be difficult for us with the lack of quality in centre mid. Unless you wanted to go 3-5-2 perhaps.