UPDATE: the remotest chance of winning the league this season.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All we can do is look after our own results and make sure when the Bheasts come calling they go home in a heap. Ibrox needs to play its part that day.

Oh and send dalcio on in the last minute to end Scott Brown, that will pay for his entire wage this season.

If we look back over past seasons we can see many a time when large (say 12) points gaps have been pulled back by one team over the other. It's daft to say we cannot possibly win the league.

While I'm not expecting to win we might see the tic's wobble turn in to a crash & burn. Let's just have the same belief the team does & wait & see.

This season got off to the worst possible start ie Pedro and Pena etc. I never dreamt we would be anywhere near as close to the scum as we are at this point. I would have chopped my fucking balls off if it meant it put us in with a shout. Then as soon we get close people start with the pessimism saying that we canny do it. I canny be bothered with that outlook.

Of course we can fucking do it.

It might be the only title run in we could have in our history where the pressure is almost all on celtic and heavily one sided. The reality is any title race at the moment is a huge step in the right direction for us while being a major worry for them. Let's just keep winning Rangers.

The very fact that this thread was started answers the question.  We are considering the possibility of winning the league.   For the first time in 7 years we have a chance.   A very very slim chance but if the sheep do us (and themselves) a favour it will become a very slim chance.   Another positive set of results midweek and we go into the OF with a slim chance.   Yes a slim chance.  

Considering where we were 4 months ago the fact we are in a posistion to even be talking about the possibility of winning a title is proof we are heading in the right direction. There is a slim chance we could win it and I'm a glass half full kinda guy so I'll keep believing until it's a mathematical impossibility 

A long way to go, but if we don’t win it and stay the same distance from them we’ll remember this season as the one we tossed it away because of stupid results and getting shot of Pedro too late.

Lets just focus on each game and if we get within 3 points of them we can begin to think about winning it.

1 hour ago, IanFerguson2013 said:

If we look back over past seasons we can see many a time when large (say 12) points gaps have been pulled back by one team over the other. It's daft to say we cannot possibly win the league.

While I'm not expecting to win we might see the tic's wobble turn in to a crash & burn. Let's just have the same belief the team does & wait & see.

Please never use the term ‘tic’ to describe them mutants as it’s their pet name. You have plenty others to choose from like the inbreeds, papes, savco, sellick, bheasts, fenians, bead rattlers, unwashed, I could go on but I’m sure you get the picture ??

It is in our own hands. I know that sounds daft given the gap but I truly believe that, if we keep winning, they will crumble. There are two reason I say that. Steve Clarke and Neil Lennon. 

We've been focusing on the final two OF games as the most likely games to claw back the difference which is fair enough. But does anyone honestly think Killie and Hibs will not pick up points against celtic?

In recent years Aberdeen have been our hope to stop them but they’ve been found wanting and I don’t expect that to change today. A draw would be a huge, unexpected bonus. The biggest danger to Brendan, apart from ourselves, will come, ironically, from the two candidates most likely to replace him.

It is in our own hands. No more fuck-ups and we can do this.

fuck sake. as long as it's mathematically possible then who knows what could happen? is it likely...maybe not but it's possible and we need to keep believing in our team and club. having this pessimistic attitude is not helping. if you don't believe you can do something then you never will do it.