Ian Holloway "slams" Graeme Murty re Sean Goss

Amato

1 hour ago, OhW said:

Irrelevant. Those comments were made after he signed for us on loan.

Before and after Goss signed for us on loan it was made clear he's not for sale.  QPR's have been pretty consistent with their 'not for sale' stance.

If we loaned out a promising young player for first-team experience would you be okay with the other team stating publicly their intention to take him from us even if we made it clear he wasn't for sale?  Take the blinkers off and look at it objectively for just a moment.  QPR have done nothing wrong here.  

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

Murty was asked about the possibility of getting a player currently playing in our first team on a permanent basis, Murty basically tells the press he's been told he's not for sale but you never know in football. 

If Holloway believes Murty's comments were out of order then he is a wank, can't see why anyone would agree with him.

Not quite.

He also said ....

“Sean Goss is one of a number of players we are looking to bring in on a permanent deal." - Murty

Given he says he's been told hands off then this is a naive if not stupid remark to make. To say we're looking to do it rather than just talk up the player and say we'll see where it goes blah blah is unlike Murty, it's not the done thing.

By all means have the conversations behind closed doors but there's no need to make statements that may be / could be construed to be arrogant, dismissive of parent club and get them riled up - as it has done.

Now their DoF and manager have made their points clear then publicly we should be dropping it and not willing to discuss the matter more with the press. Let things settle. Whilst continuing to have confidential frank chats with the player, agent and QPR to see how we can make it work out if at all.

If we were generous enough to loan out a prospect to get game time, whilst publicly saying loan only don't consider permanent deal, we'd be rightly fucked off if that club started blabbing they were looking to make a permanent signing. 

3 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

“Sean Goss is one of a number of players we are looking to bring in on a permanent deal." - Murty

Given he says he's been told hands off then this is a naive if not stupid remark to make. To say we're looking to do it rather than just talk up the player and say we'll see where it goes blah blah is unlike Murty, it's not the done thing.

By all means have the conversations behind closed doors but there's no need to make statements that may be / could be construed to be arrogant, dismissive of parent club and get them riled up - as it has done.

Now their DoF and manager have made their points clear then publicly we should be dropping it and not willing to discuss the matter more with the press. Let things settle. Whilst continuing to have confidential frank chats with the player, agent and QPR to see how we can make it work out if at all.

If we were generous enough to loan out a prospect to get game time, whilst publicly saying loan only don't consider permanent deal, we'd be rightly fucked off if that club started blabbing they were looking to make a permanent signing. 

I think if it was one our players out on loan because he wasn't considered good enough for the first team, we would see it as a positive sign if the other club said they would like to sign him on a permanent deal. Lets us know our player is doing well.

All Holloway had to say is the situation hasn't changed and he's not for sale, there was no need for him to spit the dummy. Nothing wrong with what Murty said.

9 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Before and after Goss signed for us on loan it was made clear he's not for sale.  QPR's have been pretty consistent with their 'not for sale' stance.

If we loaned out a promising young player for first-team experience would you be okay with the other team stating publicly their intention to take him from us even if we made it clear he wasn't for sale?  Take the blinkers off and look at it objectively for just a moment.  QPR have done nothing wrong here.  

Your probably right we are only reading things in the papers there is a chance Holloway never said it the way it’s been made out, if he did he’s the one acting like a wank not his club

to be fair to QPR it was made clear they would only loan him out an that they seen him as a big player for the future for them, all I’d say to that is he’s 23 ffs not 18, he needs to be playing first team football now like he is with us not rotting away in their reserves 

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

It was the biggest English football club they signed him from for 500k....

Inflation is their bread and butter. If a player is playing regularly and playing well add another zero to his price. I can't see them selling him in the summer anyway.

4 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I honestly don't think I would mate. I can't think of a player we have ever loaned out where I would be pissed off if the loanee club said they wanted our player. 1) If we loan a player out it's generally because they're not good enough for our first 11 or our squad 2) If our player was loaned out I would actually want the other club to say they wanted our player as it would show he's doing well to return and push for the first team or they can sign him.

All a bit of a mountain out of a molehill. I think Murtys comments were fine too. He's QPRs player so Holloway can say what he likes but he's just a bit of a cunt IMO!

Agree to disagree mate, I have seen plenty on here criticise people for talking about other teams, not even involving us. Some folk won't be bothered, others would be spitting feathers

3 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

I think if it was one our players out on loan because he wasn't considered good enough for the first team, we would see it as a positive sign if the other club said they would like to sign him on a permanent deal. Lets us know our player is doing well.

All Holloway had to say is the situation hasn't changed and he's not for sale, there was no need for him to spit the dummy. Nothing wrong with what Murty said.

I'd think as fans we would be saying they could go fuck themselves if it was a player our club said was one for the future who was only going for gametime. Have they said he's not good enough or is that narrative to suit an argument? Was Mccrorie not good enough for us last season or was a loan to his longer term benefit with us because of how much we DO believe and value him?

Murty for the first time has talked about signing another clubs player. He's went against his own typically professional approach. One that is / was commendable saying nothing about others until they were ours - especially not a loanee coming with a hands off caveat.

It's not a hanging offence but it is worthy of a slight criticism. 

An over the top statement easily teased out of someone under pressure from that rag all designed to give us some negative PR and boosts their sales to the savcos.

I will now look with interest on the QPR results hoping they falter and this mouthy prick gets sacked. 

3 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I'd think as fans we would be saying they could go fuck themselves if it was a player our club said was one for the future who was only going for gametime. Have they said he's not good enough or is that narrative to suit an argument? Was Mccrorie not good enough for us last season or was a loan to his longer term benefit with us because of how much we DO believe and value him?

Murty for the first time has talked about signing another clubs player. He's went against his own typically professional approach. One that is / was commendable saying nothing about others until they were ours - especially not a loanee coming with a hands off caveat.

It's not a hanging offence but it is worthy of a slight criticism. 

Goss obviously wasn't considered good enough for the first team otherwise he wouldn't have been sent out on loan, that doesn't mean they didn't believe he has the potential to make it, same with McCrorie, if the manager thought he was better than what was available he'd have been getting game time in the Rangers team, not sent away.

There is a massive difference between talking about a player who is currently playing in our first team than talking about a player playing his first team football with another club, if you can't see that then you're at it.

3 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

An over the top statement easily teased out of someone under pressure from that rag all designed to give us some negative PR and boosts their sales to the savcos.

I will now look with interest on the QPR results hoping they falter and this mouthy prick gets sacked. 

Exactly , Holloway is reverting to type when under pressure and looking for something to deflect from his obvious managerial shortcomings . While struggling at Millwall a few years back he promoted a few youth team players to the first team and made one of them , 17 year old Sid Nelson the captain in order to take some heat off his position . 

Murty gets it tight at times for his "respect" narrative , but when he states an obvious truth that the player is someone we would like to keep then we are told he should have been more respectful ! Fucking strange .

27 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Inflation is their bread and butter. If a player is playing regularly and playing well add another zero to his price. I can't see them selling him in the summer anyway.

There is no way he goes for £5m+ and it's ludicrous to suggest otherwise.

17 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

Goss obviously wasn't considered good enough for the first team otherwise he wouldn't have been sent out on loan, that doesn't mean they didn't believe he has the potential to make it, same with McCrorie, if the manager thought he was better than what was available he'd have been getting game time in the Rangers team, not sent away.

There is a massive difference between talking about a player who is currently playing in our first team than talking about a player playing his first team football with another club, if you can't see that then you're at it.

When Mccrorie went on loan he wasn't deemed good enough at that stage for first team, but was likely seen as integral for the future and one who would benefit from games he couldn't get here. There's significant similarities as you acknowledge. I'm comparing the Mccrorie then (not now) being on loan.

Haven't got a clue what your second para is all about.

Not sure what I'm meant to be "at"? Other than saying if the circumstances were the same and one of our internally highly valued players went to a great club who then said they were working on making it permanent I'm sure you wouldn't be praising their manager for saying it and criticising ours for telling them to fuck up.

27 minutes ago, Fred H Crawford said:

Murty gets it tight at times for his "respect" narrative , but when he states an obvious truth that the player is someone we would like to keep then we are told he should have been more respectful ! Fucking strange .

Someone we would like to keep is distinctly different to what he actually said.

"Sean Goss is one of a number of players we are looking to bring in on a permanent deal."

One is an aspiration, a wish... the other a process underway.

The first time he's done it and the parent club manager rebukes him for publicly stating our action / intention is to go against the agreement between clubs for it to be a loan deal only. Unsurprising.