Ian Holloway "slams" Graeme Murty re Sean Goss

Amato

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, OhW said:

Brighton said Murphy wasn't for sale. Do not come back with "Murphy is only on loan" because we all know he has pretty much signed permanently.

"Jamie's a fantastic professional, a great lad, and has a desire to play," Brighton boss Chris Hughton said.

"While we were in no hurry to see him leave, we do understand his desire to play for his boyhood team and one of the biggest clubs in Scotland.

"He's been excellent for the club, ever since we signed him from Sheffield United, and wrote himself into club folklore as a crucial part of our promotion-winning side last season.

"On behalf of all at the club, I'd like to thank Jamie for his efforts and achievements during his time here and wish him the very best for the future."

Brighton knew Murphy was a loan with a view to a permanent move in the summer.  QPR have made it clear from the very start, and up until now, that the player is not for sale.

That Prick is just thinking about his own pockets, at Blackpool he had a deal with the chairman that meant he got a % of the fee for players he brought in, it wouldn’t suprise me if he has a similar deal an knows he’ll get more if he goes to an English club opposed to us

on the other hand it dosent look good for future loan deals for players the parent club would like to keep, we knew before goss came he was highly thought of by QPR an now he’s shown us why it’s only natural they feel we are trying to unsettle their player when it was clear from the start it was only a loan deal

8 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

That Prick is just thinking about his own pockets, at Blackpool he had a deal with the chairman that meant he got a % of the fee for players he brought in, it wouldn’t suprise me if he has a similar deal an knows he’ll get more if he goes to an English club opposed to us

on the other hand it dosent look good for future loan deals for players the parent club would like to keep, we knew before goss came he was highly thought of by QPR an now he’s shown us why it’s only natural they feel we are trying to unsettle their player when it was clear from the start it was only a loan deal

??

The boy stays and plays regularly for our team or he returns to the parent club and we make an offer for him to retain his services or extend his loan deal.

Nothing more to it than that, the daily rebel (can't be arsed with caps for those cunts) are just throwing things out there and seeing which piece of shit hits the wall. We will be bankrupt next week no doubt.

Don’t understand the huge reaction towards his comments. If we had a player out on loan and the other team talked about our player as Murty did him - when we had no intention of the loan ever being anything more than a loan - then we would expect Murty to say the same. We’d actually welcome those kind of comments.

I can see how it may be seen as disrespectful and unprofessional to talk about another player the way Murty did. But who actually gives a fuck? Complete non story as far as I’m concerned - can’t understand the drama on here at times.

No problem with Murty saying that, shows the young guy he is wanted here and is integral to the team. Could be the clincher that persuades him to push for a move here. Can understand Holloway's frustration but he plays up to being the clown and village idiot so much to the media that it is very hard to take him seriously. Murty is doing right by Rangers imo, which is what we expect from our manager. Fuck the media n all!.

10 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Bald Muppet : So Sean welcome back to Loftus Road. 

Sean : Fuck this place is smaller than I remember and it’s a dive, I’m away to get the first flight back to Glasgow for a great stadium, European football and going for 55 (hopefully 56). 

Thought the bald Muppet was getting sacked before the end of the season?

That aside, can't believe Goss never mentioned us fans in his reasons for returning. Ungrateful cunt.

If Mr Meek and Full of Respect Murty intended to kick up a bit of a shit storm with QPR in the hopes that somehow a tetchy row with QPR might produce an eventual outcome that would see Goss transferred to Rangers on a permanent basis then it seems to me to be a strange tactic to employ.   For a start Murty nurtures his meekness and his doff capping respectfulness and his willingness to avoid controversy and equal willingness to fawn to opposition players / managers.  So suddenly what he seems to have said about signing Goss lights the blue touch paper at QPR and hey presto a mini-storm is brewed.     Maybe he was under instruction from the DOF to take that line with Goss where the DOF sees a way to leverage Goss out of QPR by picking a fight with QPR.  If so then its a curious way to do business.   

Or is it just a case of over-gushy praise from Murty and an unguarded and ill-advised revealing of his wish list for a future signing with the result that QPR take mild offence and hit back by publicly rapping Murty's knuckles.   Holloway may be their mouthpiece and whether or not he is their manager for the start of next season is neither here  nor there, Goss is a QPR asset and it'll presumably be a corporate QPR decision (based on views from their manager whoever he may be, and based on Goss's own personal ambitions) that will decide where Goss plays his football next season.     It'll be interesting to see and hear how Murty switches on his Mr Meek approach at a media conference if he is confronted by questions from the Press about Holloway's comments.   I bet he retreats double quick time and stresses he did not set out to offend Goss's employer or intend to pick a fight with QPR.   A misunderstanding his how he'll probably try to deflect it away.    Maybe he might even have picked up the phone and called Holloway to explain what he really meant.  That'd be the sensible thing to do imo.  

1 minute ago, Reformation Bear said:

If Mr Meek and Full of Respect Murty intended to kick up a bit of a shit storm with QPR in the hopes that somehow a tetchy row with QPR might produce an eventual outcome that would see Goss transferred to Rangers on a permanent basis then it seems to me to be a strange tactic to employ.   For a start Murty nurtures his meekness and his doff capping respectfulness and his willingness to avoid controversy and equal willingness to fawn to opposition players / managers.  So suddenly what he seems to have said about signing Goss lights the blue touch paper at QPR and hey presto a mini-storm is brewed.     Maybe he was under instruction from the DOF to take that line with Goss where the DOF sees a way to leverage Goss out of QPR by picking a fight with QPR.  If so then its a curious way to do business.   

Or is it just a case of over-gushy praise from Murty and an unguarded and ill-advised revealing of his wish list for a future signing with the result that QPR take mild offence and hit back by publicly rapping Murty's knuckles.   Holloway may be their mouthpiece and whether or not he is their manager for the start of next season is neither here  nor there, Goss is a QPR asset and it'll presumably be a corporate QPR decision (based on views from their manager whoever he may be, and based on Goss's own personal ambitions) that will decide where Goss plays his football next season.     It'll be interesting to see and hear how Murty switches on his Mr Meek approach at a media conference if he is confronted by questions from the Press about Holloway's comments.   I bet he retreats double quick time and stresses he did not set out to offend Goss's employer or intend to pick a fight with QPR.   A misunderstanding his how he'll probably try to deflect it away.    Maybe he might even have picked up the phone and called Holloway to explain what he really meant.  That'd be the sensible thing to do imo.  

Over analysing just a tad...

12 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

We ain't going to get Goss unless we somehow produce £5m+ even then I don't think they'll deal. He's here till the summer, make the most of it.

A player QPR signed for 500k and can't get a game to be sold for £5m+ after a few games (albeit good games and 1 poor game) in Scottish football? 

6 hours ago, Amato said:

From the Rhecord:

The QPR manager says there’s no chance of the Ibrox side landing the midfielder on a permanent deal.

He said: “I’d rather talk to Graeme about that myself because he is out of order talking about my player. He’s my player, nobody else’s. It’s not right he’s talking about trying to buy one of my players when that player is not for sale."

“I’m glad the boy is doing well. We bought him to be a good player - he is a good player - and I’m glad he’s getting the experience but he’s likely to come back and play for us. It’s as simple as that.

His future is at QPR. I bought him to be a QPR player. I’ve loaned him out when he’s never been loaned out before and I’m delighted he’s doing well but he won’t be getting sold.

“If Graeme has said he wants him permanently then that’s a bit of a silly statement because he is not for sale. You can’t buy someone who is not for sale.

“I’d imagine Graeme would speak to me about it at the right time. Graeme should do his job by speaking to me about my player.

“Graeme’s a good bloke but I’m pretty surprised he’s left himself open to this. I have no issue with him but the boy is not for sale.”

Hopefully Holloway is sacked before next season...

"Methinks the lady doth protest too much"

I read that as a lot of wind and hot air and i'd imagine that the QPR board as well as Goss and his agent will decide what happens.

Murty was asked about the possibility of getting a player currently playing in our first team on a permanent basis, Murty basically tells the press he's been told he's not for sale but you never know in football. 

If Holloway believes Murty's comments were out of order then he is a wank, can't see why anyone would agree with him.