Morelos over cummings

Clarkyyy

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, plymouthranger said:

We play better with Morelos, he bully’s defenders and has more to his game. But Cummings scores goals, however take the work Morelos does out of the team and I’m not convinced we create half as many chances!

So what about all the chances we create that this clown keeps missing ?

11 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Have you been drinking? He never took the shot. What a stupid thing to say. 

Bottom line is he was on the park and didn’t get himself into the position to score. 

It’s fucking stupid to say ‘he would have scored it’.

2 minutes ago, mchammer said:

I would have preffered Cummings and Miller starting as Morelos drives me

crazy with his sitter misses. He is a tad lazy most of the game. 

Need a fit and hungry players for the 90 mins. Not just in spurts.

I don't see what the love in with Morelos is? 

Miller?behave yourself

Morelos a tad lazy?

Go and have a lie down.

5 minutes ago, mchammer said:

Fuck sake, time to log out. 

1 hour ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

The facts are Cummings would have scored those chances and we’d have won the game.

The fact is Cummings was on the park at some of those chances but wasnt in thae position that Morelos was, therefore couldn't score them. Morelos has been good for us so please don't turn against him.

5 minutes ago, mchammer said:

Watch the game again and watch Morelos. I was at the game, so maybe you will not see his "90 mins" of play?

If you were at the game and couldn't see Morelos rag dolling every single one of the 6ft3 mountain centre halfs all game, flinging them about, creating chances from nothing, holding the ball up, and realise if it was Cummings up top every long ball would of came straight back to us, then a give up.

Morelos has his worth in being able to win and hold the ball up to allow a goal scorer to play off him. The chances he missed though is unforgivable and his Rangers career should now follow the same as the precedent set with Van Vossens miss. Hope he makes it somewhere else but he's shouldn't be allowed to make it with us.

1 hour ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I'll say it again. His goals were against lower league opposition and he scored them playing in a system that we wouldn't be using today.

It's not hard.

Morelos played the same formation & the same lower league team & scored none . Play the man whos scored 3 last time out

26 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

That's the thing they're down to 10 men and the game situation dictates that you have to bring on Cummings,Murty hesitated and simply lost the chance to take the initiative.

When they went down to ten he should have made a double change Holt and Cummings for Goss and Windass.

Guy's been playing non stop football from at least February last year. 

Starting to look more fatigued today, not chasing as high up the pitch.

Absolutely gutted after the feeling of going up twice, but we're getting there.

30 minutes ago, Clarkyyy said:

Morelos played the same formation & the same lower league team & scored none . Play the man whos scored 3 last time out

Doesn't work that way :lol:

We don't know how Cummings would play up front on his own in our system today. We don't even know if he would have been in the position to miss the chances Morelos wasted. It's all guesswork.

22 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

Like big Bates, some will only appreciate the job Morelos does for us when he is not in our team.  

Good point mate.

Windass went missing long before the sending off and Cummings should have replaced him to partner Morelos.Morelos is a ball winner and Cummings a goal scorer.Murty needs to think about that imo.

Bates took his chance when he was thrown in at the deep end V the Tarriers but Cardoso didn't and his ring rustiness was there for all to see.

4 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Doesn't work that way :lol:

We don't know how Cummings would play up front on his own in our system today. We don't even know if he would have been in the position to miss the chances Morelos wasted. It's all guesswork.

We have 5 midfielders to do the graft & work the channels . Give me someone whos a finisher all day long

1 hour ago, mchammer said:

What kind of poem is this?

I'd like to see them play together at some point. Cummings is a gallus big game player though. I think he'd have done something if he'd started today. He's not the team player Morelos is but is the best natural finisher we have in my opinion. 

The OP states a simple question.

With no hesitation, it has to be Morelos for me, his overall game is far better.

Having said that, I would drop him for the next game after today's showing in the hope he will come back hungrier after being dropped.